• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A Fresh Start" WDW Vacation with a Newbie and the Boyfriend!- Nov TR COMPLETE 2/16!

We got off of the bus and we walked up to MK and saw a huge surprise! Christmas decorations!!!!

IMG_2846.jpg

Wow! It was so amazing to see this! I had a feeling we would see Christmas decorations but I wasn't sure. It was just such a neat experience to see Halloween and Christmas decorations in one trip. I wish Emily could have seen them though!

It was starting to rain a bit. I knew it was supposed to so I was worried about our half day being a bust.

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

You can see the raindrops on my lens. It was starting to rain a little bit heavier during our way on Main Street.

IMG_2849.jpg

Corey and I wore our matching shirts so we had to stop for pictures while the streets were empty!

IMG_2851.jpg

I am in love with these photos!

Photo1771FourBySix.jpg

Photo1776FourBySix.jpg

We went into the Main Street Bakery to get a cinnamon roll since Corey made me cancel Crystal Palace.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

It was incredibly hard and too crusty.

When we got out of MSB it was still lightly raining.

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

I just love the wreaths on Main Street.

IMG_2850.jpg

Since POTC was closed our previous day all day we headed there first! This park was sooooo amazing this morning. There was no ONE Here!!

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

We were making a mad dash to get in line!

IMG_2863.jpg

There was absolutely no one in line. Both boats were waiting for people to get on. We actually had two other people on our boat though that walked in at the same time.

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

After POTC I wanted to buy a poncho because I didn't want my backpack to get wet! This thing was expensive! It was like almost 10 dollars.

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

I threw it away right when I got home!

Sorry to see your fun trip come to a close.

Also - sorry that your CMC meal was a bust. I have only had dinner there once and it was so long ago that i barely remember it. I will say - they do have a great breakfast and the characters are awesome.

I have really enjoyed all your AoA pictures. I know I belong to DVC, but I still hope I get a chance to stay there at some point in my WDW travels - if for no other reason then I have to see that shower curtain in person. :rotfl2:

Glad you had a good experience with your PP share! Ours turned out to be massive and the DISer who coordinated it did a fabulous job.
I would definitely like to have breakfast at Cap May one day!

Haha you can stay there if you are ever short on points, or on a weekend when points are more expensive.

The person who coordinated ours did a great job too!! She was awesome. There was 6 of us and it was so confusing because all of the pictures overlapped..

P.S. this is my 2,000 post!!! YAYA!!!!:woohoo::dance3::cheer2:princess:

After POTC I wanted to buy a poncho because I didn't want my backpack to get wet! This thing was expensive! It was like almost 10 dollars.

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2873.jpg

I threw it away right when I got home!

That's funny about throwing the poncho away as the last time I was down there I did the same thing The free one I got on the Disney Cruise Line I still have it and keep it in a bag I use when going on trips.

OMG Cape May looks so good (at least to me, lol)!

Can't beat an empty Magic Kingdom, even if it was a little rainy :thumbsup2

Hahaha! I keep my ponchos. I think I have two, but then one got ripped after a few trips, so I threw it out.

A trip report coming to an end is almost as bad as my own trip coming to an end!

I'm glad yall got to see the Christmas decorations! Gah, love them. Your PP pics turned out great!

You never seem to enjoy your food at Disney. :(

Why can't MK always be empty like that?!?! SO AWESOME.

OMG Cape May looks so good (at least to me, lol)!

Can't beat an empty Magic Kingdom, even if it was a little rainy :thumbsup2

Some stuff was good! I think I was just made because I never wanted to eat there in the first place.

Hahaha! I keep my ponchos. I think I have two, but then one got ripped after a few trips, so I threw it out.

A trip report coming to an end is almost as bad as my own trip coming to an end!
Don't worry there are still a lot of updates in this one!
I'm glad yall got to see the Christmas decorations! Gah, love them. Your PP pics turned out great!

You never seem to enjoy your food at Disney. :(

Why can't MK always be empty like that?!?! SO AWESOME.
I think I just didn't like my food this last day. I always get fooded out! Plus I didn't want to eat at Cape May lol!

It was awesome to see MK so empty! I was in heaven.

After I had my dandy poncho on we decided to ride Splash!

Once again we were the only people walking in but our boat was actually full.

IMG_2874.jpg

We got SOAKED!!! I thought my poncho would help but it didn't. My butt was soaked and Corey's shirt was soaked. It was a fun ride though. The people in front of us were hilarious.

Corey made a serious pondering look and they thought it was soooo funny!!!

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

We decided to get a snack next.

OMG Look at the masses!!!!

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

Haha it was seriously the best morning I have ever had at Disney World, besides the fact I had to leave in a few hours.

We went into Adventureland because I wanted to try an orange swirl!

IMG_2931.jpg

And with that I fell in love with orange swirl. It was soooo delicious. It was icey orange juice with vanilla ice cream and it was heaven. Better than a dole whip to me!

After this we went into Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan before the crowds hit. I ate my orange swirl on the way and was soo incredibly sad that it was gone.

IMG_2883.jpg

I decided to check into new Fantasyland and see if they were letting people in. They weren't. I asked about eating lunch there and they said to check back.

IMG_2884.jpg

Corey and I(well I did) get our pictures with Goofy and Donald! Emily and I already met Minnie and Daisy and now it was the boys turn!

IMG_2885.jpg

When we saw the Barnstormer wait was only 10 minutes we had to ride it! It was Corey's favorite as a child. The wait was really a walk on!

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

Corey is 6'3 so he definitely had a hard time getting in there.

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

It was fun and cute. I liked going through that sign.

Agreed the hakuna matata decor is probably the best thing in the whole resort. I still can't get over how wonderful that resort is. Sounds like Rafiki wanted to marry you :rotfl:
Halloween and Christmas decorations, you planned out your trip perfectly!
But seriously where is everyone? I love when parks are like that in the mornings. Your threw out your poncho?! Girl you gotta keep those, I still have my yellow one from when I was 5.
Its the perfect morning on the day you have to leave, you didn't have to fight any crowds.
I'm to in love with the dole whip that I'm afraid I wont like the orange swirl.

Agreed the hakuna matata decor is probably the best thing in the whole resort. I still can't get over how wonderful that resort is. Sounds like Rafiki wanted to marry you :rotfl:
Halloween and Christmas decorations, you planned out your trip perfectly!
But seriously where is everyone? I love when parks are like that in the mornings. Your threw out your poncho?! Girl you gotta keep those, I still have my yellow one from when I was 5.
Its the perfect morning on the day you have to leave, you didn't have to fight any crowds.
I'm to in love with the dole whip that I'm afraid I wont like the orange swirl.

I know I should have kept it but it stunk like rubber lol!

I know it was a perfect morning. I was so tempted to call my flight to move it back. I haven't seen MK like that in a long long time, probably never!

After our exhilarating ride on the Barnstormer I forced Corey to meet Goofy and Donald with me! He isn't a huge character fan but I am and he loves me, so off we went!

The line was only 5 minutes!

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

And Minnie and Daisy didn't even have any line at all!!

Normally it is the opposite and the boys have a line.

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

You meet the Great Goofini first! His outfit is really cute. I just love their outfits here. They are so adorable.

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

Goofy loved Corey. He gave him a man high five. They were buds.

Photo1809FourBySix.jpg

Photo1808FourBySix.jpg

Photo1795FourBySix.jpg

You can see how wet Corey's shirt is from the rain!

Photo1811FourBySix.jpg

Next up we met the Astounding Donaldo. He was very upset that Mickey was on my shirt and not him.

Photo1822FourBySix.jpg

Photo1824FourBySix.jpg

He made us chuckle.

Photo1827FourBySix.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

You are dropped off right in the souvenir tent- figures! I saw them make cake pops- one of my favorite disney treats!

IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

The cupcakes in here fit with the theme and look cute but they just look gross and too sweet.

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

The floor is super cute in here and looks like circus tent!

IMG_2914.jpg

I really do like this area. At first I was a little underwhelmed about the whole circus theme but they did a nice job.

These cupcakes look so good!

Haha - can't believe Corey even tried to get in the great Goofini at 6'2". That must have been a site.

I love how rain can clear out a park. Wow - talk about having the whole place to yourself.

I HATE getting soaked on Splash. I am such a wimp I always have to put a poncho on!

First thing we saw was Mary Poppins. We were talking to some guy in line about camping at Fort Wilderness. I guess he always comes to Disney every year and camps in Fort Wilderness. I am not sure if I would like that!

IMG_2438.jpg

I am not sure what we talked about, but we did talk about a spoonful of sugar!

Little known secret… I know this Mary! :goodvibes

I'm all caught up- I got SOOO far behind! Looks like you guys had such a great trip though! And a practically empty MK on your last day?? It was well worth the rain, I'd say!!!

Oh my gosh! I love the Citrus orange swirl! Thank you for posting a picture of it. I forgot to take a picture of it. It was so good and it's definitely at the top of my list for a snack. I don't really like the Dole whip either.

What a great MK morning! I love those low crowds. I love the Great Goofini too, how cute is his costume?

I think all the costumes are precious! I have yet to meet them there yet...
Carmel corn on a cupcake? um that doesn't look to appetizing

No but seriously, even with some rain, I'd take those crowds in a heart beat! Just... awesome. Yall got so lucky!

Mmm, the Orange Swirl LOOKS delicious to me, but I can't stand orange juice (I know... I'm super weird) so I wouldn't like it. :( At least I can admire pictures of it haha!

That new meet and greet just looks ADORABLE. The costumes and sets just look so well done!

So, after our Storybook Circus fun we had a bit of time to spare so we wanted to get some more treats!

But, first on my agenda was to see if we can get into New Fantasyland again.

The answer was nope....and to check back later to see if we could eat lunch there.

At that moment (after my 7th check in) I realized I wouldn't be able to see New Fantasyland this trip.:sad2:

IMG_2917.jpg

I tried to look like a sad little puppy and take pictures over the gate in hopes they would feel bad for me and let me in.

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

I must not have looked sad enough because I wasn't given a pity party.

So we headed to the castle.

IMG_2920.jpg

This view with the castle and carousel is just beautiful! I fee like you used to not be able to get this open view because of Dumbo but I may be hallucinating.

The new Fantasyland walls are beautiful but I feel like they are just structures and not walls to anything.

IMG_2921.jpg

I love the little creatures! They remind me of Pip in Enchanted! I love that movie!!! Anyone else with me? I do believe it is my all time favorite Disney movie.

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

We decided our last treat would be ice cream!

IMG_2925.jpg

We went through adventureland and found ourselves at this famous little stand.

IMG_2928.jpg

Corey got an orange pineapple swirl.

IMG_2929.jpg

I managed to maneuver myself to my new favorite stand!

IMG_2934.jpg

And I got another citrus swirl! Once again as good as the first! Look how beautiful it is!

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

I found a cute detail in Adventureland ground.

IMG_2935.jpg

There was diamonds and all kinds of exotic stones in the cement!

These cupcakes look so good!

Haha - can't believe Corey even tried to get in the great Goofini at 6'2". That must have been a site.

I love how rain can clear out a park. Wow - talk about having the whole place to yourself.

I HATE getting soaked on Splash. I am such a wimp I always have to put a poncho on!

It was hilarious! I think we both needed our own car. We were a little squished. It seems like I don't normally get soaked on splash but this time i did! It is always the worst too because MK is the most photogenic park to take pictures in and I always look like crap because my hair is all frizzy from getting wet!

Little known secret… I know this Mary! :goodvibes

I'm all caught up- I got SOOO far behind! Looks like you guys had such a great trip though! And a practically empty MK on your last day?? It was well worth the rain, I'd say!!!

That is so cool that you know that Mary!!! Yes, the rain was well worth it! It was awesome.

Oh my gosh! I love the Citrus orange swirl! Thank you for posting a picture of it. I forgot to take a picture of it. It was so good and it's definitely at the top of my list for a snack. I don't really like the Dole whip either.
Yes, it is sooooo good. I am craving it right now!!!!
What a great MK morning! I love those low crowds. I love the Great Goofini too, how cute is his costume?
So cute!!!! I loved him!
I think all the costumes are precious! I have yet to meet them there yet...
Carmel corn on a cupcake? um that doesn't look to appetizing
Yes you do need to meet them! It is so cool because their costumes are so unique and the sets are so original
No but seriously, even with some rain, I'd take those crowds in a heart beat! Just... awesome. Yall got so lucky!

Mmm, the Orange Swirl LOOKS delicious to me, but I can't stand orange juice (I know... I'm super weird) so I wouldn't like it. :( At least I can admire pictures of it haha!

That new meet and greet just looks ADORABLE. The costumes and sets just look so well done!

Yes I would take that rain any day to have those crowds. It actually got nice later in the day. You definitely wouldn't like the citrus swirl if you don't like orange juice.

After our frozen treats we decided to go into the hub and just chill! We didn't have any more must do's besides eating lunch so off we went to take in the sights and magic of the hub!

If anyone wants any pictures send me a PM and I will send you the JPEG.

For our photo fun I had my fun fast lens, the 50mm lens.

First up was pictures of the little character statues.

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

It was about 10:30 and there were people coming in now that it wasn't raining.

Now the wonderful partners statue!

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

This one is my favorite. It is my facebook cover picture.

IMG_2948.jpg

I believe about this time Corey took my camera. He is a bit taller than me (5'4 vs. 6'2) so he has a different view point. He really got into the photography thing today. He did really well after I set the settings for him.

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

I was his photography subject :)

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

We asked a photopass person to take our picture and it was really funny because we had the zoom 50mm lens so she walked very very far back. I told her she didn't have to get our bodies in!

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Corey definitely took this one- i like it a lot with the yellow flowers in the background

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

Next up was the little stage show Dream Along with Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter