• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics

Oh my goodness! I don't blame you one little bit for being highly ticked off! So, you know my paralegal knowledge is going to kick in on this one. Not to cause you any problems or anything. It just comes a second nature to me.

Do you live in a community property State? Here in Louisiana, all income, whether it comes from one spouse or two, is community property. It doesn't matter if the couple has separate accounts, it's still community property if the money was deposited during the marriage. Unless, that is, there is a Pre-Nup. Even then, if the money is mixed together in any account, it can be become "co-mingled" and then you can argue over it.

I don't have an accountant do our taxes. We use H&R Block to do our's. I stopped doing our's years ago when we started our own business. I save each and every receipt throughout the year and itemize everything for our tax consultant.....including all of our utility bills (internet included) since the business is run out of our home. We have to BOTH sign forms to electronically file.

Okay, so I'm going to stop with the paralegal business now. Sorry.

You shouldn't ever say that you dont' work. You do work and you earn a living by help run the business, cooking, cleaning and taking care of Claire. Stay at home Mom's have a super hard job in my opinion.

I won't pretend to know your financial status but I am sure that you are like the rest of the people I know (myself included)....every little bit of money helps. So, you shouldn't feel bad that you earned some extra money.

I've got to tell you, I would probably start out being so ticked off, I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut for long. Then, I'd feel upset that my husband kept something like that from me. It would hurt my feelings no matter if I knew that he wasn't throwing the money away on frivilous things or not.

Gosh, my post probably didn't make you feel any better but I mainly wanted you to know that I can sympathize with you. It's always nice to have a place to rant whenever we need to.

You are so right about it all. But I guess I know it's not worth a fight. We have been doing great with everything right now, and I just don't want to ruin it. I probably wil lsay aomething about it, but not in a way to start a fight.
I think it's the disneyadict in me that keeps thinking run with this money and go to Disney. LOL . He probably knows that too. I know it could be a big deal, but my teeth stuff cost close to $3000 so I just look at it as that is now paid off. I just wish he hadn't been sneaky about. But then again, he might not have been, because he sometimes just doesn't tell me stuff and when I ask ,he says well you never asked about it.
I just had to do a little venting.
Thanks for listening.

I thought I would pop on to tell you all we have converted Claire's crib/toddler bed to a full size bed this week. She is very excited to be sleeping in a big girl bed now. Here a re few quick pictures of her in it her first night. We got Ariel bedding and she loves it.

She decided last week that she was too tall for her toddler bed (and she really was) and so we told DH we needed to take the plunge. Byt Sunday DH told me to go mattress shopping, on Tuesday we bought one , and then went bedding shopping and had it together Tuesday night for sleeping!
She is so excited about it, but Tuesday night was not a good sleep. She was up half the night coming in to tell us about her bed. :confused: So Last night Skip slept with her, so hopefully to calm her excitement and any fears as well. It worked well. :thumbsup2
I still have all the junk I dragged out of her room in my living room. I need to sort and store it, and trhow stuff away as well. But with her "help" it is going slowly. :confused3
The funny thing is, this bed is REALLY high off the ground, so she needs a step stool to get in and out. LOL! :rotfl2:

One other "happening", was last weekend, Claire's school put on their annual musicale. It's been going on for like 40 years I think. I was in them when I was a kid. Just a bunch of songs sang, usually in a theme. They were more elaborate back when I was in them. My Aunt was the music teacher, and the whole thing was her life basically. Now they no longer have a music teacher at the school, so each teacher works with the class.
Claire's song was "he's got the whole world in his hand" and they were to dress in different walks of life. Like different nationalities or professions. So I had Claire wear her Jasmine costume. Her good friend borrowed her Mulan costume.
They had a performance on Friday night, and Sat. afternoon. So far I only have the Sat one edited, so here are a few.

These are a few from the classroom while waiting to go onstage. I stayed in the room to help out.

Yeah for the big girl bed! Although I was a little sad when ds6 River had to go to the big boy bed (I just don't want him to grow up). Claire is too cute in her outfit River just did his musical it was Dr. Seusse (I was so proud I cried). Claire looked like she was having a blast!

Hi Jen,
I've started reading your trip report from the last page working back, and I plan to read it all, but I'll go start at the beginning now.lol Claire is such a cutey! The pictures of her on this page in her Jasmine costume are major cute, as I'm sure all of the pics of her will be.

After many Disney trips since my 17 year daughter was 1 year old, we (my kids) decided to take a break this year from Disneyworld. I use the term we loosely because it wouldn't take much for me to get on the phone and make a reservation! I understand that they really need this break, but it's so darn hard! I can sense how much you want to go back to DW, and I kinda know how you feel.:goodvibes

Hi Jen,
I've started reading your trip report from the last page working back, and I plan to read it all, but I'll go start at the beginning now.lol Claire is such a cutey! The pictures of her on this page in her Jasmine costume are major cute, as I'm sure all of the pics of her will be.

After many Disney trips since my 17 year daughter was 1 year old, we (my kids) decided to take a break this year from Disneyworld. I use the term we loosely because it wouldn't take much for me to get on the phone and make a reservation! I understand that they really need this break, but it's so darn hard! I can sense how much you want to go back to DW, and I kinda know how you feel.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading. I have a 17 year old DD too. Though I have mentioned to her to come with us, she won't unless we bring her frined. She thinks it would be boring otherwise. She did love it as a kid though.

Hey Jen!

I read about your DH and the $.. I guess it is better than owing 3g's. But I hope you got it straightened out.

Claire looks so much older in these pics. Time goes by so fast. :sad1:

I have really, really enjoyed this trip report. Jen u have a beautiful family, Paige, Michael, Skip and Claire. I too have a Paige(35) and if I had had another child it would have been Claire for real!!! My Paige named her only daughter Olivia(2) and I love it. Although I did put the name Claire out there several times. But it's Paige's turn to name her child. Love all the costumes and u have great taste. love diane

Thanks so much for reading. I love the name Olivia too. I have a sister that is 13 years younger and for a long time, while my mom was pregnant, my mom considered the name Olivia. At the last minute she changed it to Amanda. Of course, Amanda had a bout 20 Amanda's in her class. LOL!
We also know some peopl with a DD name Claire and her middle name is Olivia!

Lol what a coincidence!! I am leaving u a private message and thanks again for the report and the PICTURES r unbelievable. u r quite the photographer .

well took me all day to read your report........wow!!!! it just makes me sooo excited to go back to disney.thanks so much for the great report!!!

Lol what a coincidence!! I am leaving u a private message and thanks again for the report and the PICTURES r unbelievable. u r quite the photographer .

Thanks so much.

well took me all day to read your report........wow!!!! it just makes me sooo excited to go back to disney.thanks so much for the great report!!!

thanks for reading.

I really want to go back and DD and and I keep giving DH little hints about wanting to go back. She is even throwing her change she gets in my jar that I have told her is my Disney jar. She's such a cutie.

Morning Jen,

Hope that you had a good Easter. I know you took pics and I look forward to seeing them.

Any luck with the constant Disney hints to Skip?

Morning Jen,

Hope that you had a good Easter. I know you took pics and I look forward to seeing them.

Any luck with the constant Disney hints to Skip?

No real luck yet, but he knows we REALLY want to go. I am hoping a good deal will come out for Dec. and then we can really put some pressure on. LOL! Claire asks me daily how much do I have saved up, and is it enough. LOL! She's such a sweetie.

Jen,
Your TR is so great I have really enjoyed read it, full of great info!!!
Did your daughter find the Red Belle dress itchy? We were there last Sept. and my daughter got the Ariel Ballgown and it was really itchy.
Thanks for the info.
Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter