• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Sports teams you hate

More individual players for me rather than the teams they played for:

1. Dennis Rodman (always and for any team he played for) he should move to North Korea and be Kim-Jong-Whatever's personal jester.

2. Ron Artest (a.k.a. Meta something-or-other) for jumping into the stands and brawling with fans

3. Bill Laimbeer-late '80s/early '90s Detroit Pistons for every cheap shot he took at his opponents.

4. Roger Clemens for throwing a broken bat at Mike Piazza

5. Pedro Martinez for throwing 72y.o. Don Zimmer to the ground:

OSU

That's pretty much it. Though I'm not particularly fond of Notre Dame, either.

Florida Gators
Chicago Blackhawks - they invade our arena, insult our players and fans and then tell us we have to be nice because they are visiting Nashville. The happy drunk ones are a little fun though.
New England Patriots (cheaters)

Lol, neither can I. I didn't mean it in a context of asking what you didn't like about them I meant it as "I don't think you mentioned the penguins"

I use to work on Mario Lemieux's car and he's a pretty down to earth fellow, but I still can't stand his team. It's the fans to be honest. The Pittsburgh fans, regardless of sport, are the worst. Well, maybe the Patriots fans are worse with football, but it's a close call.

I don't mind the Penguins (or Pirates) fans, but I think the Steeler fans are extremely obnoxious. My first thought when I saw this topic was -

Steelers
Steelers
Steelers

The local media is bad too, as something like the opening of training camp will be the top news story of the day.

NE Patriots (and don't try they "you're just jealous" crap on me - my favorite football team, the NY Giants beat them twice in the Super Bowl)

Washington Nationals

New York Rangers - the only NY/NJ team I will not root for, and in fact, I always hope they lose.

Florida Gators
Ga. Tech
Auburn

I live in Athens, Ga. home of the Georgia Bulldogs, my Daddy went to UGA, my honey went to UGA, my Mama went to UGA, my brother went to UGA, my son is going to UGA. I think it might be the law here you have to hate the above 3.

I don't really hate any sports teams, but a couple are on my radar, for different reasons.

1. The Chicago White Sox: as a Cubs fan, which you can see from my avatar, I'm supposed to hate the Sox. Except I didn't grow up in Chicago and didn't get exposed to that rivalry (see second point below), and as far as I'm concerned the game they're playing in the American League barely counts as baseball, due to the DH rule. So I just straight-up don't care about AL baseball and don't give the Sox a second thought unless it's inter-league play.

2. The St. Louis Cardinals: This is the rivalry I grew up with, the famed Cubs-Cards rivalry. I grew up in Springfield, Illinois, right between Chicago and St. Louis, and the town's baseball fans are split almost 50/50 twixt the two teams. Since I grew up watching the Cubs on my grandpa's knee, I'm a Cubs fan. I have no hate for the Cards - as a Dudeist, I have no room in my heart for hate. But Cards fans, on the other hand, can be jerks sometimes. I suppose any team's fans can be jerks, but Cards fans seem to be particularly good at it.

3. The University of Illinois football team (Fighting Illini): I don't care about college football at. all. And the only way you'd get me to a college football game is if it was in my back yard and they were giving out free Purple Kush. But I have a bad taste in my mouth about the Illini in particular because of an incident that happened when I was growing up. Back in like, 1980 (ish), the Illini were going to the Rose Bowl. For weeks, it was all anyone in Illinois (again, where I grew up) could talk about. "The Illini are going to the Rose Bowl! Oh Great Day in the Morning! My life now has purpose!" People were naming their babies Chief Illiniwek. Businesses were planning on closing the day after the game to accommodate all of the hangovers from celebratory partying that was going to take place. It was that big of a deal. Well whaddyaknow, they got their butts handed to them in the Rose Bowl, and the University of Illinois football program has been a disgrace ever since.

Honorable Mention: a local Catholic high school football team in Springfield, Illinois, which shall be referred to as SHG for simplicity's sake. Springfield has three public high schools and multiple private ones, SHG being the biggest. Since as long as anyone can remember, the public schools' football teams in Springfield have sucked eggs (mine went 0-35 across four seasons in the 80's), while SHG's football team has been dominant ever since Father O'Reilly coached the first team back in 1890, or whatever. The local newspaper, every high school football seasons, acts as if the SHG football program is the greatest thing to happen to Springfield since Abe Lincoln left town. Hand to Og, if the Cubs win the World Series, and the final game is on a Friday, the front page of Saturday's sports section in the local rag will feature SHG coverage. The Cubs might make Page 2, unless there was other high school football news that day.

I don't really hate any sports teams, but a couple are on my radar, for different reasons.

1. The Chicago White Sox: as a Cubs fan, which you can see from my avatar, I'm supposed to hate the Sox. Except I didn't grow up in Chicago and didn't get exposed to that rivalry (see second point below), and as far as I'm concerned the game they're playing in the American League barely counts as baseball, due to the DH rule. So I just straight-up don't care about AL baseball and don't give the Sox a second thought unless it's inter-league play.

2. The St. Louis Cardinals: This is the rivalry I grew up with, the famed Cubs-Cards rivalry. I grew up in Springfield, Illinois, right between Chicago and St. Louis, and the town's baseball fans are split almost 50/50 twixt the two teams. Since I grew up watching the Cubs on my grandpa's knee, I'm a Cubs fan. I have no hate for the Cards - as a Dudeist, I have no room in my heart for hate. But Cards fans, on the other hand, can be jerks sometimes. I suppose any team's fans can be jerks, but Cards fans seem to be particularly good at it.

3. The University of Illinois football team (Fighting Illini): I don't care about college football at. all. And the only way you'd get me to a college football game is if it was in my back yard and they were giving out free Purple Kush. But I have a bad taste in my mouth about the Illini in particular because of an incident that happened when I was growing up. Back in like, 1980 (ish), the Illini were going to the Rose Bowl. For weeks, it was all anyone in Illinois (again, where I grew up) could talk about. "The Illini are going to the Rose Bowl! Oh Great Day in the Morning! My life now has purpose!" People were naming their babies Chief Illiniwek. Businesses were planning on closing the day after the game to accommodate all of the hangovers from celebratory partying that was going to take place. It was that big of a deal. Well whaddyaknow, they got their butts handed to them in the Rose Bowl, and the University of Illinois football program has been a disgrace ever since.

Honorable Mention: a local Catholic high school football team in Springfield, Illinois, which shall be referred to as SHG for simplicity's sake. Springfield has three public high schools and multiple private ones, SHG being the biggest. Since as long as anyone can remember, the public schools' football teams in Springfield have sucked eggs (mine went 0-35 across four seasons in the 80's), while SHG's football team has been dominant ever since Father O'Reilly coached the first team back in 1890, or whatever. The local newspaper, every high school football seasons, acts as if the SHG football program is the greatest thing to happen to Springfield since Abe Lincoln left town. Hand to Og, if the Cubs win the World Series, and the final game is on a Friday, the front page of Saturday's sports section in the local rag will feature SHG coverage. The Cubs might make Page 2, unless there was other high school football news that day.

Purple Kush?

Nice.

Very nice.

;)

DD#2 says UF and FSU hated equally.
New England Patriots
Any North Carolina basketball team except Duke (Don't know why Duke isn't on her list but since the University of Maryland moved from the ACC to the Big Ten, they're all really irrelevant.)

Queen Colleen

In no particular order:

NE Patriots
Denver Broncos
Puke Basketball

Honorable Mentions:
Toronto Blue Jays
Alabama Crimson Tide
The Ohio State Buckeyes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter