• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

If I do a reservation for two people, what happens if my mom later decides to join us? Do we still get to add her at the opening day prices?

No, you would pay the prevailing rate when adding her. Safest thing to do is to book her upfront and cancel later if she chooses not to go.

No, you would pay the prevailing rate when adding her. Safest thing to do is to book her upfront and cancel later if she chooses not to go.

I absolutely agree with this. Get her on the reservation up front, or you could be paying big bucks to add her later. It doesn't cost anything to drop her off the reservation later. And whatever deposit you paid will just go on your reservation.

They don't have the TA cruise out for 2018 yet, BUT

We get Castaway Cay on the WBPC!!!!!

April 8-22, 14 nights, Port Canaveral - Castaway - Cartagena - Panama Canal - Porta Arenas (sp?) - Puerta Vallarta - Cabo - San Diego

Correct. At least through the current released dates. The 2017 June and July dates are still there. They may still show up in the next release for mid-late 2018 sailings.

Sorry, I totally misread and thought you said the opposite (you didn't, I just wasn't paying close enough attention). I didn't see any double dips, so was confused.

They must do well enough or I doubt they would.. although having somewhere to port the ships in the winter may be tough with all of them in the same area too. Maybe thats why they are OK with the hit - I assume the port fees are cheapish too though? Maybe? Hopefully no one is too mean tomorrow though. A lot of people honestly are upset they can't afford them so its hard for me to feel amused anymore. :(

Yeah, I feel like winter is always the same.... even beyond the Fantasy/Dream.
It is a wonderful cruise. We did it two years ago. I love San Juan. Im sure they end up selling it, but its not one of those cruises you have to worry about booking opening day.
Im not too amused by the prices either, but there are other options. I dont think its worth getting upset over.

It is a wonderful cruise. We did it two years ago. I love San Juan. Im sure they end up selling it, but its not one of those cruises you have to worry about booking opening day.
Im not too amused by the prices either, but there are other options. I dont think its worth getting upset over.

Speaking of which, if we book it will be one of those that leaves San Juan. Any threads here that have hotel suggestions for these cruises?

Totally agree - we loved the one we did on DCL a couple years ago so much we did it again with RCCL earlier this year. I am already considering going a third time to hit Aruba/Curacao (though with DCL again this time).

Speaking of which, if we book it will be one of those that leaves San Juan. Any threads here that have hotel suggestions for these cruises?

Lots of recommendations in the threads... we stayed at the Embassy Suites the first time by the airport with points and the second time right at the airport in the hotel that is attached. Both were fine for a night - if you're planning a couple of days there are some very nice resorts on the beaches though!

Lots of recommendations in the threads... we stayed at the Embassy Suites the first time by the airport with points and the second time right at the airport in the hotel that is attached. Both were fine for a night - if you're planning a couple of days there are some very nice resorts on the beaches though!

yeah, we'd fly in at least 3 nights prior.

We stayed at the Sheraton at old San Juan. I would expect the prices on these cruises to be reasonable. At least what we consider reasonable by Disney standards. Probably not reasonable to non disney cruisers.

Check out the Intercontinental. If you get the IHG credit card, you get an annual free night (plus a bunch of bonus points). Hubby and I both got the card so that we could do back to back free nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter