2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand we're back!

I'm getting the message
  • Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later.
Probably just giving me false hope!
Could be something getting released today :yay: or could just be Mickey's Kiddos are asleep so nobody is turning the hamster wheel because they don't expect a bunch of crazy people to be trying to book reservations at this time of morning ,haha :teeth:

Is your
Long time lurking, first time posting here.

Thanks everyone for all of the great info! Currently planning a surprise trip for
Wife, G(8), B(14 mo.) for Dec. '16. Impatiently waiting for FD like everyone else. Got my DV in the mail a few weeks ago so hopefully that will help my chances.

Wife has no idea I'm doing this. Our last vacation was about 3 years ago to WDW for a week with our then-5y.o. daughter and we had a blast! Wife has been dropping subtleties that we are due for another vacation soon. I figure she has given me a healthy baby boy since then so she's definitely earned it. I'm going to wait and surprise her and the kids about 2 weeks before we leave.

***question to any/all wives and moms out there***:
Would you appreciate being surprised only 2-weeks before a vacation? Or would it be more of a stress-inducing situation? She is self employed and getting time off from work is not an issue for her. I am secretly handling everything from calling her clients and rescheduling them for before or after we are away, got the DV without telling her because I don't want to raise suspicions, booking and planning resort, 180 day ADR, 60 day fast pass, packing lists, dog sitter, etc.

Thanks for reading.
Is your wife a planner? I'm a bit of a control freak about my vacations so I think it would freak me out a bit. But I'd love it too :) What a wonderful thing you're doing!

Thanks everyone for all of the great info! Currently planning a surprise trip for
Wife, G(8), B(14 mo.) for Dec. '16. Impatiently waiting for FD like everyone else. Got my DV in the mail a few weeks ago so hopefully that will help my chances.

Wife has no idea I'm doing this. Our last vacation was about 3 years ago to WDW for a week with our then-5y.o. daughter and we had a blast! Wife has been dropping subtleties that we are due for another vacation soon. I figure she has given me a healthy baby boy since then so she's definitely earned it. I'm going to wait and surprise her and the kids about 2 weeks before we leave.

Would you appreciate being surprised only 2-weeks before a vacation? Or would it be more of a stress-inducing situation? She is self employed and getting time off from work is not an issue for her. I am secretly handling everything from calling her clients and rescheduling them for before or after we are away, got the DV without telling her because I don't want to raise suspicions, booking and planning resort, 180 day ADR, 60 day fast pass, packing lists, dog sitter, etc.

Thanks for reading.
Wow! So sweet of you! I'd probably need a little more time than 2 weeks but keep it a surprise from the kids! So fun!

Thanks for reading.
That is so very sweet. :) But personally, I would want to know way ahead of that.

Thanks for reading.

Is she a control freak? If not, I think it's great.

I'm a bit :p of a control freak-BUT-if my dh planned everything including dining, fp, etc-I would be so stoked!! I think it's awesome you're doing this.

We surprised our kids for their first trip, and I will never forget it. It was worth all the secrecy. Hope you get FD!

I've been following for some time, but I just wanted to confirm...if released to DV, they would have to call in to book FD, correct? Then everyone else will have to wait until the official release?

I've been following for some time, but I just wanted to confirm...if released to DV, they would have to call in to book FD, correct? Then everyone else will have to wait until the official release?
yes. the DV folks will post dates and resorts so those who are waiting for the GP offer will have that info

Can one of the callers check that is IS just for Disney Visa people when they call? They don't give Disney Visa cards to us Antipodes

Thanks for reading.

I would NOT be stressed at all and I AM the planner! I would so appreciate all the effort you put in..even if you told me the day of that I was going. I would LOVE it!

Is your

Is your wife a planner? I'm a bit of a control freak about my vacations so I think it would freak me out a bit. But I'd love it too :) What a wonderful thing you're doing!

Thanks for the kind words. I would say she's "somewhat" of a planner. Not totally insane about it though. She planned most of our last WDW trip which we booked only 2 months out so naturally missed some of the ADR we were hoping for and she was bummed about that. The only reason I'm thinking of doing it 2 weeks out is because that will be around the time of our anniversary. Looking for some brownie points too!!!

I'm trying to think of a creative way to do the big reveal to her and the kids. I'm thinking maybe a scavenger through our house and yard. Complete with clues and all. Maybe decorate a room in our house with all things Disney and have our Magic bands there waiting for them. Any ideas would be welcome.

update: I have my Change Reservation button back, but when I click it I get the following message:

We're Working on It

Our systems are unavailable as they are currently undergoing maintenance. Rest assured, we'll be back soon, so please try again later

I have been getting the same message, its almost time to hit the phones and see if there is any good news!

I hate that the boards go down every night!!! I wanted to voice my misery, lol. Just kidding, I think this is the first MAJOR anticipation of the trip!!!

I hope everyone got some rest!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter