2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far my TA just got off the phone and they told her that free dining was for Canadians only. I told her that i got a visa email stating that it wasn't and it was for my dates. I even told her i could book a new royal room at Port Orleans myself without issue. I don't understand how Disney is saying what they are saying. I am going Aug 14th and they told her that its for Aug 23rd.

Book your room in case she can't get it for you, but have her call back and talk to someone else.

My pursuit of FD has completely drained me today. I now have two reservations, one at CS for 8/14-8/21, courtesy of my Disney Visa, and one at CBR for 8/26-9/2. Once all the insanity dies down, I'll call and have Guest Services cancel CBR and apply my payments to my CS reservation. At least I can sleep knowing that I have FD...

We originally booked a FW cabin, but I changed to 2 rooms at ASMu. It is actually the first on property resort I stayed at many moons ago. If it were up to hubby we would always stay at a value.

Last edited:
Was anyone actually able to book anything for December? My dates qualify, but when I try to book ANY resort for ANY time during the offer, I get an error when I try to add the confirmed available (by going through the dining offer link)... "
  • Sorry, we were unable to add the vacation package to your cart at this time, please try again."
I was able to book ours this morning online. All three reservations with free dining, during December. I had no problems. I am sorry this happened. Keep trying :)

So right now it shows my new FD package reservation with the change/cancel buttons, make a payment button, but no tickets like it did before. Is the website just messed up right now or do I need to call in the next few days? Thanks in advance

Well we got FD but not the dates or resorts we wanted.:confused3 We originally wanted to go Jersey week, which we have always gone during and have always gotten FD that week. Now we are going the week of Thanksgiving, with a shortened stay, and could only get ASSp. But gave the entire family the option of going during Jersey week and staying offsite or Thanksgiving week and onsite with FD and it was unanimous for staying onsite.

I'm just hoping that after the flurry of today when some make changes or cancellations, I will be able to get the dates and resorts I want.:rolleyes1 Worst case scenario...we will be going to WDW! :thumbsup2

I had success for Sept 3-10, CBR standard view booked at 4:22am. There seemed to be quite a bit of availability, but not for that next week. I've never had free dining, so I am super excited. I'm sorry everyone did get what they wanted too.

Question for AP holders..is there any indication there will be issues with unlinking the Park tickets that had to be purchased for FD this year? I ask because I booked two FD trips this year but I have an AP (no Value in FD if I cant use AP tix in place of MYW tix). I want to use the Park tickets from FD for a trip next year or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter