• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How was CBR with the Murphy bed? How was the resort and getting around ? Currently have AoA family suite but may want to move to the mod pay less and get free dinning but it's either CBR or POR due to the Murphy bed
Last trip, We were wanting POR, but when all we could get with FD was CBR we took it.
I was very surprised at how Beautiful the resort was, very lush landscape. I had read suggestion on staying in Jamaica section,
so when I booked I asked if I could request it and CM said yes. She added that as my request.
I loved the location (Jamaica), it was standard but still not to far of a walk to the Food court and pool, right over the bridge and Cay.
Rooms had been updated with the pull down small bed for Children. Loved the Decor. I didn't mind the colors of the Jamaican section (Yellow, Blue and White trim) other Island sections were a bit garish in color combination.
The buses were no worst than POR or CSR, It seemed like Jamaica was the last pickup before the parks (not sure, can remember). We would stay there again.

You can't "book" a Murphy bed room if you don't have five people, I believe, but you can always request. There is no room type option for Murphy beds when you are booking. POR has Murphy Beds in all of its Alligator Bayou section. Not sure how CBR is.
My family of four typically stays at CBR and always gets a room with a Murphy bed.

It is much easier to book a new reservation.

Disney won't offer free dining to rooms that are already booked. So if people are booking rooms in hopes of free dining they are shooting themselves in the foot so to speak.

Deposits can't be transferred. They will be refunded and your card will be charged again for the new deposit.

They can transfer deposits. I did it in 2014. Switched from CBR to POR. It was great. They did for me.

Yup. That too. Hoping to add to October 22. But if have to switch dates they can transfer deposit. I have had different answers on adding free dining to existing reservation. One said I could add it u see reservation by payment area. Another lady said had to call in. I'll wake up and check. If not call

Maybe we should lay out the whole rumor:

Rumor says:
April 25 for opening date.

Dates:
8/23 - 10/1
11/15 - 11/21
11/26 - 11/28
12/10 - 12/21

Note: I've also heard booking starts August 14. For purposes of having all the information laid out, I wanted to point out this discrepancy.

3-14 night says, with at least 2-day tickets (no word if there's a add-on requirement, but it's likely), quick service plan at value resorts, and regular plan at the rest.

Exclusions are looking like: Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, All Star Movies, Port Orleans French Quarter, Campsites, Bay Lake Tower, Bungalows at the Poly, and Grand Floridian Villas.

Note: It isn't unprecedented for the date to change after it's leaked out, or additional excluded resorts to be added.
This is why I always say it's a rumor until it's official.

Anyone have any up to date information regarding this topic
Read the other attached post above. This is the full and most up to date RUMOR we have as of right now. Won't know anything solid probably until Disney releases it.

If they open up to Disney visa first, do you have to go through a link on visa site or will it be on WDW site?

Also, can I call WDW at any hour to book vacation or are there only certain hours calls are answered?

If they open up to Disney visa first, do you have to go through a link on visa site or will it be on WDW site?

Also, can I call WDW at any hour to book vacation or are there only certain hours calls are answered?

If there is an early release for DV you have to call Disney to take advantage of the offer. This cannot be done online.

They can transfer deposits. I did it in 2014. Switched from CBR to POR. It was great. They did for me.
It depends if you booked a room only or a package with only a room in it...

Room only deposit is cost of a night.
Package deposit is 200$.
Cancelling policies differs.
Dining package can be added to package.
Deposit can be transfered from one package to another. But not from a room only to a package.

Yup. That too. Hoping to add to October 22. But if have to switch dates they can transfer deposit. I have had different answers on adding free dining to existing reservation. One said I could add it u see reservation by payment area. Another lady said had to call in. I'll wake up and check. If not call
Very good to know. Im booked at CBR for nov 27- dec 2 and very open to change reservation if I need too. I'm booked already because I'm going regardless of promotion!

I believe it will not be tomorrow. I don't know why I think that. I guess because everyone who seems to be *in the know* said April 25.

Plus I think we'd have heard something from our insiders prior to today.

I still am wondering about booking two rooms online...it seems impossible but I know it can be done. Can I use the same CC to deposit them?

I have a question about the DV and I hope you can help. I have a DV and was wondering how I would know if and when the FD is released? Where do I need to look for it?

Disney phone lines open up at 7am eastern. You can call every day at that time and ask if there are any new offers like FD for DV holders. While on the phone, bring up this thread online and see if anyone has posted that it's live. Sometimes we get emails from Chase that describes the deal, but they usually come after the deal went live on the phones. And sometimes the emails don't come at all. You can also check the DV rewards page for offers.

Do you all remember the mess in 2014 when Chase sent out emails too early and people were calling in the day before the offer was live? Some people were able to book and others were not.

I have a guess that maybe DV release will be Apr 21 and GP on the 25th. Others have said Apr 25 for DV and May 2 for GP but a week of gap seems big! What do you all think?

Some say you can modify your reservation online when the promo is released but I've always had to call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter