2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got close. POR Pool View for 9/8-9/17. We had a preferred room booked but are still thrilled to have gotten POR. It saved us just over $2,000 USD

Stacy

I don't know what you were looking at but I found standard rooms on carribean beach for multiple dates that I tried. I just booked a second room for friends in case they decide to go. Not sure what you are entering.
What dates?

This is my first time posting on dis, but I've been reading for quite some time! In fact, I've religiously stalked the free dining threads for the past few years! We did free dining at FW cabin in 2014 and did SPD at pop/aoa lion king suite this past January. Our first time ever visiting Disney was in 2013 the week of thanksgiving and stayed off-site. Although I realize we were just getting our feet wet, so to speak, I regret staying off-site and may never do so again!
My husband has loved Disney along with I and our 3 daughters, but he definitely is not "obsessed" like us! Must be a princess thing ! I booked Caribbean beach at about 4:00am for the week prior to Christmas. I am more than excited! I wanted to share in everybody's happiness and say congrats to everybody that was able to book today!!
I've basically breathed Disney since our first trip and it is refreshing to know (by reading these boards lol) that there are MANY others like me!
Thank you all for all the info that I've received from this site!
:welcome:pixiedust:

So, now that things have calmed down a bit, hubs called back. He only waited 15 minutes and the CM was super helpful! He sent us to guest services and they were able to switch us from a royal guest room with a garden view to one with a river view and keep our FD, which was our dream room! I'm so glad we called back, since the site had no availability, we thought about not bothering but it ended up making our res perfect!

You guys......we are all going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!:tinker::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:tinker:

I was looking at WL earlier in the year, but yes, the refurbishments are obviously the reason so low rates. They seem to be quite extensive and my 9 you DS would be devastated without the main pool

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but the main pool at WL is open.

all if gotten all day long is the busy signal, when i call cant even get through enough to be on hold. what number have you guys been calling?

I am in 10th hour of my shift of 12 hours.....seriously dragging now....thanks guys, your happy posts for those who got FD ,( and for me commiserating with those who didnt find anything), has helped this LONG day go by....
Reminds me that, even without FD I AM GOING TO POLY AND WDW ANYWAY!!

all if gotten all day long is the busy signal, when i call cant even get through enough to be on hold. what number have you guys been calling?

This morning, we called the number the chat guy gave me, 407-560-2428. When DH called later this morning, he called the IT number but I don't know which one that is. basically, we have called anything except the normal res numbers, since those are bogged down! Good Luck!!

we originally booked at POP for November, but my TA was unable to get free dining for it. I was very disappointed, but we checked in a around 9am and saw that CS was available with free dining and the whole package was cheaper than if we had stayed at POP! How strange, but exciting! I have never stayed at CS! What do you like about it? I'm feeling very grateful that we were able to get FD. We are booked from 11/15-11-24. So excited to be trying something new! I hope you all were able to get what you wanted! I've enjoyed reading this thread!

This morning, we called the number the chat guy gave me, 407-560-2428. When DH called later this morning, he called the IT number but I don't know which one that is. basically, we have called anything except the normal res numbers, since those are bogged down! Good Luck!!
Thank you so much. was begining to think that something was wrong with my phone. i have never experienced this much trouble getting free dining before.

It happened with one of my reservations for a family member who had prebooked. I prefer to just book when it drops so that it is easier so when it wouldn't work for their reservation I just booked them another and text them to tell them to cancel the old.

I got mine took the long way around though...
It never would give me anything under the package so
I clicked change resort, checked the same resort I had and added the free dining.
Nothing else changed but adding the FD
Like I said LONG way around but it worked :D

Ok. We decided to wait until next year to go but I'm still seeing what things are like for this year because I definitely want FD next. It looks like 15 hours in and everything is picked over? Is this true? I can't find one standard room at CSR or CB for Nov or Dec.

What is everyone's experiences today?

Sorry--sure this has been posted, but with the Disney Visa, there were not only extra days, but likely extra allotments of rooms?

Sorry--sure this has been posted, but with the Disney Visa, there were not only extra days, but likely extra allotments of rooms?

There were many options with Disney visa that were not available to the gp. I booked free dining in a preferred room at cbr at 4:30 this afternoon for myself and sil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter