2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I just started looking through the Disney Visa link. At first, it looked like there were some options, and then I could find NOTHING!! Looked at several dates in August and September. Glitchy, or sold out? Again, that was for the DV offer link online.

I'm going the end of sept dates not flexible
Me too 9/27-10/3 and the only thing we could get this morning at 4am CST was ASMu, Cabins or a deluxe. Deluxe is out of our price range so we booked ASMu and debating on if we would rather have a cabin. Maybe something else will open up.

Ok, how do we book adr's with free dining? It doesn't give me the option when I try to make a reservation. It just says I need a credit card to guarantee. I am so confused!
It's just to hold the reservation. If you don't cancel within 24 hrs they will charge the card 10 per person on the reservation I think.

Weird. I just started looking through the Disney Visa link. At first, it looked like there were some options, and then I could find NOTHING!! Looked at several dates in August and September. Glitchy, or sold out? Again, that was for the DV offer link online.
Were is this Disney Visa link?? I have had a Disney Visa Card since "the beginning" and I never got an email.

Thank
Thanks it is just upsetting that I can't seem to get it and every year I have not had a problem and I have the disney visa. I really hope they release more rooms.

We've never had a problem booking CSR -- sometimes even a while after FD has dropped. Don't give up. Plenty of people will start, if they're not already, moving and switching and changing things around; if you're persistent, I'm sure something will open up.

Yes, only RR's available when I booked this morning too. At the moment, there is zero availability at POR for my dates. But my family is mad at me cause I didn't book Pop. I tried to show them pictures of CSR, but so far they are not impressed. So yeah, thanks, I'm going to need that drink at CSR. :rotfl:
CSR has a cool pool with a slide. They don't have that at POP

This stinks! I was able to get it in 2014 for 10 days at CSR without much trouble. I'm really sorry for those that didn't get it. It makes me rethink the "not book ahead" idea and just book ahead of time and have a TA on it.

This is the first year since FD has been offered that I have been unable to take advantage of it, and every year I have been able to have it added to my already-booked reservation.

We've never had a problem booking CSR -- sometimes even a while after FD has dropped. Don't give up. Plenty of people will start, if they're not already, moving and switching and changing things around; if you're persistent, I'm sure something will open up.
Yes. Why is that? There is still lots of availability in different room categories at CSR for my dates. Is it not popular?

So the CM I just talked to checked for availability to add either RO or FD to our existing reservation at the Contemporary Garden Wing. After multiple hours on hold calling for the third time today, I still couldn't get anything.

How can I not get either discount added to my stay? I booked early enough to ensure that I would get the resort I wanted. Now I'm being shut out from a promo because I didn't book it today?

My frustration with this whole process is at its limit. Here's a deal they are advertising but not everyone is eligible for it.

Booking before a promo is released never guarantees you to receive it.

Been on hold over an hour now for the bounceback line to see if I can add a day. I know its most likely NOT gonna happen, but I figure I'll try. Phone system said my wait time would be 14 minutes... wondering if I should try a different #....

Well we got it! After nearly throwing the computer out the window and the Disney chat lady telling me they were having issues all day and to stay on the phone line with my 80 min wait time (which I now know compared to some of you today was not that bad), we got the FD. Had to move to ASSp from movies but knew going in movies would not be an option. We've stayed at ASSp before though so was hoping for any other value or mod. I'll keep checking now once it dies down and hope we can get somewhere else but at least we got something :) Saved $650 from our original budget and now have parkhoppers which gives us more flexibility with DS. We upgraded to the regular DP and paid the difference as I have a bunch of character meals booked. Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and fingers crossed to those who hope their choice will open up.

Thank you! Yes they definitely have a lot more availability for my dates 9/20 to 9/26 under that VISA offer. Still no POR though. Too bad I couldn't find this earlier... Darn that work. I did get up early and book CSR Standard view at 4:20 AM which of course is still available now... Could have slept in...

Always stayed at values what do you like better about POR than CBR

This is my first experience with FD I am very disappointed I booked my room ahead of this because I'm going anyway but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to get into FD at the place I want to stay at I don't even want to change resorts I know it's all depends on your travel dates but it still sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter