2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stayed up until 2 am, had an alarm at 3 am, left my work alarm for 4:15 am, and when I checked, I had missed any reservation being available for my dates at Pop. Absolutely gutted. We've had a BB offer booked from last November, which is a 20% off preferred room. When we booked, the woman told us that if we booked tickets with it and called when another discount became available, they'd be able to modify and we could upgrade to TS for the fee. It's looking unlikely. We've been on hold with disney for over an hour. Debated switching to ASSp or ASMu but Pop is the best option for my mother. Going to see what happens. Mom is so ticked right now she's about to just pay OOP for the QS plan. I can't believe I didn't change my alarm to 4 instead of 4:15 and I missed it.

I was online right at 4 and on the phone at 7 and there was no availability at Pop for my dates either way.

How is it even possible that I tried 2 hours to get through, finally did at 8:15, was put on hold for over 3 hours and when I finally spoke to someone everything except the Poly and a junior suite at CSR was booked? But it looks like everyone else got exactly what they wanted. My luck sucks

I was on the phone for 2 hours. I was able to get a 25% discount. The woman told me to call back in a few weeks when it all dies down and if there is availability they will apply it

After 1 hour and 59 minutes on the phone, I successfully changed our RO POR Garden View to RO AKL Standard with only a slight amount of price increase. With our dates in October (11-15), we were really hoping for either a) a discount at POR or b) a discount at BC. The discount at AKL was just too good to pass up. If something comes up at BC in the future that is not CL, then we will likely change, but I'm fairly happy with how that worked out today.

I'm glad to hear you love CSR. I just booked it through the Disney Visa link and don't know much about it. I would love some feedback if you don't mind! Oh and congrats on getting the FD offer!

My DH and I call CSR the secret Deluxe moderate. It really is a nice place. I think it gets a bad wrap for being so spread out and the walking, but if you figure out the bus stops you'll find that you can grab a bus to the front pretty easily.

The other thing is that you may see the convention folks in their business attire, which is a little strange while you are on vacation. Mostly though we've noticed that you don't see them much during the day.

The Dig Site Pool is beautiful and we love it there.

They are non existent---unless you are looking for Club level. I just booked 14 days at Universal in October. Bigger rooms less money. And the reason I am going to be at Disney in October is because my daughter is getting married there. I think out of the 65 people she has attending only 20 are staying at Disney. Very disappointing. When we said something about the barely there discount given to the wedding guest we were told you can book any other offer that is available during your stay---well yes we can---but not if there aren't any!!! I think I will call group reservations discuss the possibility of booking the Room only discount being offered even though there is no availability. It is so bad the Bride and Groom are thinking about staying off property.
We booked our room only reservation for October through a travel agent who had exclusive deals. This was back in February when I saw that there was very little availability for full priced rooms at an Epcot resort in October, so I knew there wouldn't be too many discounts for October. :(

How are the all-nighters hanging in there? Caffeine and adrenaline have kept me going so far, but all of a sudden my eyes just glazed over and I hit a serious fatigue wall. Yikes! any benefit I got from the 2-4am snooze is now long gone. Here's hoping we make it through the rest of the day:crazy2:

I agree with you. This trip is only me and DH, we are booked at CSR, which is where we want to be, The RO discount is about $50/night, so about $400 for our stay. Dining is a big part of the vacation for us and the FD is the better value for us.

For bigger parties, I don't see how RO can beat FD.
I agree.

Seeing how much availability is left for right after Thanksgiving versus the week before makes me want to switch our days. I was able to grab FD for our trip the week before but I'm thinking crowds are going to be a lot heavier...

I noticed the boards were down when it went live and my messenger woke me. So I published the blogs and published the Facebook posts, hoping anyone prowling around would spot them since everything was down here.
Black do you have a facebook page? I booked my vacation while frantically telling my daughter to search for you or The dirty steve on facebook trying to figure out how to get word to everyone and came up with nothing. :sad:

Was the Polyesian excluded from all of free dining? I haven't heard of one person getting it. I am going to keep my OKW free dining ressie and also my standard room at Polynesian. Does anyone know If I am booked under a package for Poly (not discounted at all), can I trim my dates down to room only? I currently have 9/30-10/11 booked, but if I wanted to stay at OKW for beginning of trip and then room only at Poly for last few days? Can I also shorten my free dining package on the other end of would they have to rebook? I am getting conflicting information and I know last year I was able to chop off a few days when we had to pick our flights....

We were on exactly when it was released and there was nothing available other then the RO discount for the Poly.

Thanks! The problem is that we purchased base military tickets. No park hoppers. Since they require park hoppers to get the free dining and since you can't upgrade military tickets over the phone I couldn't do it.

Our room isn't available for free dining anymore though.
Thank you so much for your help.

Keep checking. Availability changed for me within 30 minutes. I don't know where you live, but can you upgrade your tickets at a nearby base or ID station? I would call SOG and ask if they can help you. $800 is a huge difference.

How is it even possible that I tried 2 hours to get through, finally did at 8:15, was put on hold for over 3 hours and when I finally spoke to someone everything except the Poly and a junior suite at CSR was booked? But it looks like everyone else got exactly what they wanted. My luck sucks
nope took me about as long and no luck either

I was already in work when the free dining was released (I am in the UK and 5 hours ahead0 but managed to get our choice of dates - September 26th for 10 nights and 7 park hoppers.
Couldn't get POP our first choice and got to choice 5 - All Star Sports before I found availability online (I had a list with choices in order!). We have been to all the other values (except AOA) but never Sports but only because none of us know anything about American sports! Hope its going to be OK - keeping eyes open in case more POP rooms released though as we do love that resort.

BUT STILL HAPPY THAT WE HAVE FREE DINING:yay::worship:

How are the all-nighters hanging in there? Caffeine and adrenaline have kept me going so far, but all of a sudden my eyes just glazed over and I hit a serious fatigue wall. Yikes! any benefit I got from the 2-4am snooze is now long gone. Here's hoping we make it through the rest of the day:crazy2:
I'm hanging in there........barely. I feel like I have a hangover

I guess I'll keep looking over the week, but I am in really good shape now with CSR Business Class. I was totally bummed this morning all that was available at CBR was pirate. I think my son will like this a lot more and it's the same price as my original package!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter