• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just got back from the store with my all nighter starter pack! I have Starbucks, Mt dew, popcorn, and M&Ms to be accompanied with a Game of Thrones marathon! Let the FD party begin! Whoop whoop! :jester::drinking:pixiedust::coffee:popcorn:::happytv::drinking1It will be very comical to see me at school tomorrow working with the kiddos.

I have read about there being no low crowd times numerous times. But between the months of oct and december what do y'all think will be the lowest 10 days complete guess i know just curious what others think? Right now I'm scheduled for nov 28- dec 7th

Friends and I are going 9/12-9/20. Does anyone know how the weather or crowds will be? My family and I only ever go during October and November for fd. Went the second week of Nov last fd and it was PACKED. They moved the Christmas parade taping up a month so MK was a nightmare. Hoping crowds are a little less crazy in Sept.

I have 12-22 November booked at Pop already.. If it drops and starts on the 15th would I have to hit the cancel button & rebook 15-22nd on the mytrip page?
I *HOPEFULLY* Would like to do it online rather then edit over the phone... There's no fee to cancel right?
Or I presume you could change your reservation and alter the dates.

I have 12-22 November booked at Pop already.. If it drops and starts on the 15th would I have to hit the cancel button & rebook 15-22nd on the mytrip page?
I *HOPEFULLY* Would like to do it online rather then edit over the phone... There's no fee to cancel right?
NO fee to cancel.

I would make your new reservation ...then cancel the old one, in case something goes wrong , better to have 2 reservations than none...

Planning on split stay 11/13-11/14 and 11/15-11/19. As a family of 5 there are no rooms available at CBR 11/19, but 11-13-11/18 is available. With POR most likely excluded, we are being forced into ASMu, which is more expensive and we have to upgrade dining plan. Ugh I just need one more night at CBR! Gonna book what I can but a room discount may work out to be about the same when all is said and done, then I will be staying up for no reason tonight.

Was parterre place super far away from everything? The reviews I've read all day that oak manor is the place to be, because the other is a long walk from absolutely everything. River views would be great, that was our ideal choice but they were all booked. How did you like the RR?

We stayed at Parterre in 2014 and was pleasantly surprised. We booked Garden view and were on the side that looked at the quiet pool in between Oak and Parterre. We were really close to one of the bridges and only a max 5 min walk to the main building and bus stop. I could see it being a bit further walk from the other end of Parterre but probably only 3-4 min more max. It did have an elevator in the Center. We only used it for check in and out though as we were close to a set of stairs (second floor) and we would just carry the stroller down as DD was 4 at the time and would walk at that point.

So many new pages. I can't read them all right now. What are people's thoughts on the 9am est. release that's being talked about? What sort of schedule are you all keeping tonight? If you are booking a mod which one? We are going Sept 27-Oct 4

Friends and I are going 9/12-9/20. Does anyone know how the weather or crowds will be? My family and I only ever go during October and November for fd. Went the second week of Nov last fd and it was PACKED. They moved the Christmas parade taping up a month so MK was a nightmare. Hoping crowds are a little less crazy in Sept.

I went about that time in 2014. I felt the crowds were very low, somebody else on the first FD thread was there at the same time and felt the crowds were much worse. I'm sure it depends on personal tolerances for crowds as well as which park you picked on a given day. The crowd calendars all show low crowds for the days you are planning. I think the highest of those days will be weekends at a 5/10 crowd level. During the week, it's a 1-3/10. I'm going Sept 17-24 with expectations of low crowds. World Showcase is busy during F&W, so keep that in mind.

As for weather.....HOT and HUMID. So hot, so humid. Low-to-mid 90s *F and about a million percent humidity. Plan to change clothes during the day, or take nice long breaks at indoor shows. or both.

Since free dining will not be happening on the dates i need, i am looking forward to a room discount. Can anybody help me find what they were in 2015 for december? Mousesavers lists it, but doesn't break down the resorts discounts or when room needed to be booked to use it.
thanks in advance!
Last year it looks like typically free dining ran the same time as room discounts- which is what I'm hoping for.
From the rumored FD dates this year they won't be during my trip- which means room discounts probably won't either.
Odd that the resort I am booked at is already showing all booked for that week of December.. Oh well..I'm still hoping for a chance at 30% off! It would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter