• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the Disney site is still glitching?

I just looked to see how CBR is looking for my dates, added everything to the cart just to get a price and it gave me the error about the room no longer being available and that it removed it from my cart. However it didn't remove anything and I was able to get all the way to the point of entering my payment info.

Would it do that if it really removed it from my cart or is this just glitchy-ness in preparation for Monday?

Am I figuring this out correctly? Do I just price out our vacation but don't select any dining? We're a family of four and planning 14 days at a moderate resort. This will save us 2700.00US over those 14 days even with adding a park hopper. I am afraid I'm missing something as it seems almost too good to be true.

Yes it's big saving$!!! Which is why we're all here.

Although I remember reading that FD is limited to 10 days. I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THIS SO ITS WORTH DOUBLE-CHECKING. So worst case you would have to pay for the remaining 4 days

>>>EDIT<<<
Apparently Air Canada website is stating that FD is available up to 14 days. See there, I told you not to believe me!

If I book Pop Century for 4 Disney Adults ( 1 adult and 3 13 year olds) Can I upgrade to regular dining and what will the cost be?
I am so confused, I really want POFQ because of the size being with the kids, but I know it is not included. 8 nights with 6 day tickets is $3051 but then I need food money.
CSR with business class and 6 days of tickets with park hopper and free dining looks to be just over $4000 for 8 nights.

Am I figuring this out correctly? Do I just price out our vacation but don't select any dining? We're a family of four and planning 14 days at a moderate resort. This will save us 2700.00US over those 14 days even with adding a park hopper. I am afraid I'm missing something as it seems almost too good to be true.
You pretty much got it THOMAS!
While the savings can be substantial for many folks, others may not benefit that much. Don't forget to figures in some $ for tips...(with us eating a TS meal everyday-family of 5 or more-tips are hunk of coin!)...Hope y'all get it! :moped:

RV

Can someone help me how I figure out if the RO or the FD is a better deal? My group for sure needs tickets as well.
Since you didn't tell us how many people in your family then I just have to give general advice. Assuming that you are buying the same tickets in either example, free dining is usually a better deal in a value with two or more people. Free dining is usually a better deal in a moderate resort with three or more people. And when staying in a deluxe resort free dining might be a better deal if you have at least four or more people, but you have to crunch the numbers because the cost of the room and percent of discount make a huge difference.

So if I call in a week or two, do I just need to give the 2 confirmation numbers to link the reservations?
Yes, you need the reservations numbers and general information like name on the reservation, and contact information. :)

Last edited:
Ive been lurking on this thread for a while and now that the rumor seems to be a bit more solid I need some advice. We are a family of 5. me, husband, DD10, DS7, DD4
I have a few options. I have nothing booked at this time.

Option #1 I can get a CM to use friends and family to book ASMu for us 11/13-11/19. This is a great discount, she can also get 3/5 into park free if she is with us. Only problem, she doesn't know work schedule until 2 weeks prior to trip and FastPass+ would not be able to be used. As a planner this makes me nervous..

Option #2 I was hoping for free dining to start 11/11 so our original dates are included, since I can do CBR or POR (which probably not included). With free dining the cost would only be slightly more than CMs discount with PH and tickets included. This is worth the price dif since I can then actually plan ADRs and FastPasses. Problem now if FD starts on 11/15 and we move our dates, I just checked for CBR and there are no rooms available 11/15-11/21 :guilty:. As a family of 5 where else can we stay and still keep us in our budget of $200/night for room. I really was hoping to avoid the Thanksgiving crowds and not be in the parks that weekend also.

I don't know what to do...
So I'm not an expert with the figuring out which resort is better, which discount is better ... BUT, I relate to the making the inner-planner nervous part. Just wanted to point out that as long as you have a MDE account, you can make ADRs (once you're in the 180 day window of your dining dates), whether you have (or later change) your reservation or not. You don't need to have a resort reservation to make ADRs, the way you need park admission to make FP+s. Hope that helps at least a little ... :-)

The room rate was way higher than what I can book today at Disney's site. So then I took 30% off of the inflated rate to see what it might be on Monday. The result was that the 30% off came to the precise amount I could book at Disney today. Does that mean I should not expect Disney to lower their rates on Monday? That the rate Disney is offering today for the week of Halloween is already discounted (it is below the rack rate), even if they're not promoting it that way? I am really hoping for a rate below that currently posted to help make up for the lack of FD for that week. *sigh*

I believe this is because Air Canada is quoting in CAD where Disney is USD. I priced the exact same package on both sites, used Google's currency converter and current rate to convert Disney's price to CAD and added the 3% charge my credit card is going to charge me if I pay USD and it came within $20 of the Air Canada price.

If I book Pop Century for 4 Disney Adults ( 1 adult and 3 13 year olds) Can I upgrade to regular dining and what will the cost be?
I am so confused, I really want POFQ because of the size being with the kids, but I know it is not included. 8 nights with 6 day tickets is $3051 but then I need food money.
CSR with business class and 6 days of tickets with park hopper and free dining looks to be just over $4000 for 8 nights.
You can pay the difference between QS and the regular DDP plans. It would be $19.57 per person per night since everyone is a Disney adult.

So I'm not an expert with the figuring out which resort is better, which discount is better ... BUT, I relate to the making the inner-planner nervous part. Just wanted to point out that as long as you have a MDE account, you can make ADRs (once you're in the 180 day window of your dining dates), whether you have (or later change) your reservation or not. You don't need to have a resort reservation to make ADRs, the way you need park admission to make FP+s. Hope that helps at least a little ... :-)

Thanks, i know I can make my ADRs beforehand, but not knowing if my friend can get us into a park, say for breakfast, I cant make any ADRs inside the parks and be confident we can make them.

I went to the grocery, had dinner, and the new thread is already 5 pages long...way to go Disney Addicts!

So I'm gathering that Monday is the day, is this for everyone or just Disney Visa? I was approved for the Visa this past Monday, but do not have the card yet and don't think I will by Monday.

Found out that I have to travel for work on Monday, so hoping that it's out before I have to start driving. Otherwise I'll be on hold via bluetooth while on the road.

I went to the grocery, had dinner, and the new thread is already 5 pages long...way to go Disney Addicts!

So I'm gathering that Monday is the day, is this for everyone or just Disney Visa? I was approved for the Visa this past Monday, but do not have the card yet and don't think I will by Monday.

Found out that I have to travel for work on Monday, so hoping that it's out before I have to start driving. Otherwise I'll be on hold via bluetooth while on the road.

black562 indicated it appears that the DV will be bypassed again.

What are your dates?

Has anyone ever stayed at the cabins at Fort Wilderness? Are the cabins far from the main building or boat docks?

I came up with $547.96 to upgrade from Quick Service to Regular Dining.

You pretty much got it THOMAS!
While the savings can be substantial for many folks, others may not benefit that much. Don't forget to figures in some $ for tips...(with us eating a TS meal everyday-family of 5 or more-tips are hunk of coin!)...Hope y'all get it! :moped:

RV
Yes definitely save for tips and alcohol IF you drink

Y'all getting all this?

Room Discount should run 8/26-11/5 with up to 30% from what I can see. This varies widely from different room types and resort levels.

And all should go up on Monday.

As always your information is greatly appreciated. Looks like Monday is gonna be a crazy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter