2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I'm so excited! I need to get 3 rooms booked at POP Sept 13-20. I will have 2 computers up and ready and be up all night Sun/Mon. Two MDE accounts with everything ready to go. It's true I can only have two rooms per MDE account right?! Plan on doing 2 in my name and one in DH. I hope I can pull this off.

Couple of questions...

Can FD be booked online, or is phone the way to go?

To those who are staying up Sunday night, is it simply out of excitement? Or is there really a chance FD would "sell out" on Day 1?

Am I reading this right that even if I stay in a mod free dining will only be quick service?

Am I reading this right that even if I stay in a mod free dining will only be quick service?

I think the info from black562 said:

Here's the details they're posting.

8/23-10/1
11/15-11/21
11/26-11/28
12/10-12/21

Add-on required (park hopper or waterpark)

Values get quick service, Mods/Deluxe get regular plan

Exclusions: French Quarter, Mermaid rooms at AOA, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian Villas and 3 Bedroom Villas

Riverside may also be excluded for some dates.

Also chatter of a Room Discount up to 30% (depending on resort level) through 11-5

I think the info from black562 said:

Here's the details they're posting.

8/23-10/1
11/15-11/21
11/26-11/28
12/10-12/21

Add-on required (park hopper or waterpark)

Values get quick service, Mods/Deluxe get regular plan

Exclusions: French Quarter, Mermaid rooms at AOA, Bay Lake Tower, Grand Floridian Villas and 3 Bedroom Villas

Riverside may also be excluded for some dates.

Also chatter of a Room Discount up to 30% (depending on resort level) through 11-5
And so the math begins. It will be just dh and I . We would like a mod but if a deluxe with discount was close in price we could see doing that. The question is will a discount plus paying for the ddp on our own be cheaper then full priced room plus free dining when only 2 people are involved?

One of the Air Canada quotes sounded like only counter service with an upcharge for other plans.

Couple of questions...

Can FD be booked online, or is phone the way to go?

To those who are staying up Sunday night, is it simply out of excitement? Or is there really a chance FD would "sell out" on Day 1?
Yes (sometimes 12am, 3am, 6 am, anyones guess....)
Phone lines open at 7am, and will be jammed for hours
Yes , sell out is likely, but many times a few days later you can get it as people cancel rooms they have been sitting on.

Another question since everyone has been so helpful here :)

I'm booking for 2 families... Each of us has our own account and I know the other family's login and password. I'll be staying up to try to get free dining and will be using a laptop and computer to try and do both at once. Is it better to make the 2 reservations on the same account or to put one on each separate account? I'm going to need to link the reservations afterwards as we will be requesting connecting rooms, so want to ensure I do this in the best and easiest way to do this. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter