2015 destash - Purge Purge Purge, Purge is the word

A question- do you save your paper tax returns, or do you scan them and get rid of originals, would that be ok? I know I have to keep 3 years worth at least...

A question- do you save your paper tax returns, or do you scan them and get rid of originals, would that be ok? I know I have to keep 3 years worth at least...

I save 10 years. I think you have to save 7 but the file system I have is year ending in 1, year ending in 2, etc. So I just pull and shred the one for that year.

I'm pretty sure you need to keep the originals.

Auction and basket raffle are finally over and now I can reclaim my house!
Yesterday I cleared/cleaned 3 shelves in my craft room. And today I did my half of the wardrobe and got all the clean laundry folded and everything put away except for DH's stuff. I got rid of 4 or 5 shirts, a belt, and DD got rid of 3 dresses, Mailing those to her cousin on Friday.I also got rid of 4 pieces of costume jewelry that I never wear and moved 4 necklaces to DD's box that were hers. I have 4 loads of laundry to do tomorrow, then I can move on to sheets and blankets, I want to switch over to flannel sheets this week.

I'm aiming for at least one horizontal surface a day or a box a day.

I save 10 years. I think you have to save 7 but the file system I have is year ending in 1, year ending in 2, etc. So I just pull and shred the one for that year.

Ugh, ok thanks. I'm dying to shred more, lol, but I'll have to control myself!

Now that I'm unemployed for a month I've got lots of time to purge, purge some more, and purge more and more! I am going to start in my bedroom then move to the bathroom closets. I def should probably purge the kitchen at some point too. DS's room seems like a lost cause. He's a hoarder! I'm hoping it's just a stage and he will let go soon.

I thought you only need to save 7 if you have a business. My parents were self-employed for years and I know they always said they had to keep their returns for 7 years, but I've always heard 3 just for personal returns. Of course, never hurts to save longer.

I took a bag of toys and Christmas decorations to a homeless shelter, 2 bags of donations to the Salvation Army and a bag of small kids meal type toys to school for the treasure box. It's not a lot, but it's progress!

We will be moving from California to Georgia next Spring. My husband started cleaning out 1 of 3 sheds. We'll leave one shed standing with sell of house and the other two smaller ones, are friends are taking. We have an extra GE side by side fridge in the garage and a small white freezer I'd like to go. We also have a storage unit in NJ with contents of a shore house we no longer have. It's from my husband single days and filled from top to bottom of things he has a very hard time parting with. We have five cars but somehow I manage to talk my husband into selling his corvette, well actually, it didn't take that much talking into it. He's willing to part with it. Would like to simplify. As you can see, we have a lot of work ahead of us. Would love to have a garage sale but I live in an association where we have scheduled garage sales twice a year. Next one we may not be able to participate because it's right around Easter and we'll be on our first Disney Cruise. But it sure would be nice if we're able to do it for that extra cash.

I have cleaned out all 3 bedrooms and the garage in the last 3 weeks. I just did a little bit each day weekend and some times a night during the week. Sometimes it was just one dresser drawer but it worked. I have filled 3 tubs for a yard sale in the spring. I will price items sometime in January. I shredded tons of paper and thrown away 5 trash bags of junk. I do need to go through my hanging clothes in my closet one last time and make consignment appointments today for the spring. I plan to work on the toy closet before Christmas.

Ugh I need to do this for 2016. We have 2 guest rooms, and one guest room is storage right now :guilty: It's driving me insane. I want to clean it out and make it an office/guest room type. I keep getting told to save it for a nursery lol :scared::sad:o_O for the fact that kids aren't in the near future, I want to make it a room we can use.

Anywhoooooo.

We have accommodated so much over the years and I want to get rid of so much stuff. Our HOA only allows garage sales certain times of the year (I know I know....) so maybe our local FB swap/sale page? Has anyone had experience? I know it varies from area to area. I am afraid of scammers and low ballers. Is that normal?

Did a little stash and dash before we have relatives over on Christmas Eve. Definitely see lots we can tackle over break and into the new year, including DH's chemistry notes from undergrad. Mind you, he graduated in 1991 with a degree in English! :rotfl2: No, we don't need those. To be fair, I need to pitch my graduate school notes as well. I am working in my field of study, but the science has changed a lot in 20 years. ::yes::

I had a collection of Disney dolls and plushies that were all still boxed/new with tags. I piled them all in the car and dropped them at our local radio station that does a toy warehouse to help people who would otherwise be without gifts.

I also took two bags worth of unused kitchen items and two huge bags of clothes to the donation truck.

I hate clutter and don't have a lot of stuff, but there always seems to be something that can go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter