• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a quick question that I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to. I know the GF CL texting service used to make a 4th FP for you once you exhausted your three. I had a friend who stayed GF RPC at the end of December and was told this service no longer exists...all 4th FP need to be made at the park. Can anyone confirm if this is policy or just a misinformed CM?
Thanks!

Texting was avaliable during our recent trip...but I am not sure about the 4th FPP...sorry...I'll look around for the pre trip texting information email and see if it mentions anything...

Made my ADRs this past week. Couldn't make any on line :confused3 so had to phone dining for my first 10 days, and because our stay is 14 days, then had to wait a few days yo call again for my last 4 days.
I think MDE is having issues again.

:eek::eek::eek:...Sue...That's crazy..hope that u were able to get all of your ADRs...

Made my ADRs this past week. Couldn't make any on line :confused3 so had to phone dining for my first 10 days, and because our stay is 14 days, then had to wait a few days yo call again for my last 4 days.
So FRUSTRATING! They act like this is a new issue when you call! I called 3 times thinking there was something wrong with my account or credit card and each time they made it seem like it was something they would look into and fix. That's crazy!:hyper2:

Same here. I was able to make my first ADR at 180 days online - got super excited since I was expecting it not to work. Then...it wouldn't let me do anything past that first one so I had to call. Since we're doing a split, I had to call 3 times since the other 2 180 day marks wouldn't let me even book one online. At least we got every ADR we wanted, but it was frustrating to have to call when I should have been able to quickly do it online.

Texting was avaliable during our recent trip...but I am not sure about the 4th FPP...sorry...I'll look around for the pre trip texting information email and see if it mentions anything...

:eek::eek::eek:...Sue...That's crazy..hope that u were able to get all of your ADRs...
Yup I did, total 4 calls :rolleyes1. GF Cafe, lol. Gotta have my shrimp & grits, Plaza, Kona, SciFi, Portobello, and Trails End twice. Once for breakfast & once for dinner. Love taking the boat over from MK, and walking astound FW. Visit the ponies, horse barns. Last time we were there they were getting Cinderella's carriage ready.

How does the arrival at the Grand Floridian work?

We have booked a Club Level Room at SL and we plan to arrive at 10am.

Should we hand over our luggage so that it can be brought to our room later?
And can we use the lounge immediately?
And what about the pool? Can we use them immediately?

What would you recommend for the first day?

We will stay at the GF hopefully for two nights after 8 nights OKW. So at the point of check in to the GF we will already have seen the parks. We plan these two nights at the end of our stay for relaxation. But if we arrive at 10am and we are wondering what we can use at this point or if it would make more sense to plan something outside of the hotel until we can get our room at 3pm.

And what about Valet Parking? We have never used this before. Does this mean they bring you your car every time you want to leave the resort or does this only mean you have a nearer parking space?

If you do the pre-arrival check in, you don't even need to stop at any desk. Your MB will work the elevator to CL and you'll be texted when your room is ready and be able to go right there as well. If you room isn't ready at 10 you can leave your bags at bell services. Any facilities are yours to use when you arrive.
Valet means you drop off and pick up your car from an attendant at the front of the resort. It's I think around $20-25 a day (someone who knows more will come along and list the actual price) plus a tip whenever you pick your car up.

Yes, you can use the lounge and the pools as soon as you check in. Spending the last two days there to relax sounds like a wonderful idea!

Is there anywhere that lists some of the Grand Floridian trip reports? I'm searching in the trip reports forum but not having much luck. It pulls up any report that even mentions the resort. I'm hoping to find some that include sugarloaf.

Also, is there a TV for the kids in the SL lounge? Thanks!

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that lists some of the Grand Floridian trip reports? I'm searching in the trip reports forum but not having much luck. It pulls up any report that even mentions the resort. I'm hoping to find some that include sugarloaf. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure that TigrLuvsPooh from the CL thread just did a trip report on SL for her December trip?? I'm sure she'd be happy to give you the link if you can't find it:)

And what about Valet Parking? We have never used this before. Does this mean they bring you your car every time you want to leave the resort or does this only mean you have a nearer parking space?
Valet is very convenient since they do bring your car to you, particularly if you will be using your car several times a day; however, my DH used it a week and a half ago, and it was $25!! It doesn't seem like it was very long ago that it was $12, and then they began raising prices in really large increments, IMO! Since they opened the new parking area, we have not had a problem getting a decently close parking place ourselves, so we only use valet occasionally now (like when it's raining);) As for what to do your first day, it does sound like you have a great plan...to relax! The grounds at GF are gorgeous, so take time to soak it all in! You could pack a separate bag for your swim items in case your room isn't ready, and you can change in the facility by the beach pool that has showers, etc. We have done that after checking out of our room before!

Thank you for all the answers regarding check-in and parking.
Good to know that you can use the pools although your room might not be ready.
As we are non-US citicens we have to do the check-in as they don't send the MB out of the US. But that should not be a problem. I like to have a nice chat with the CM at the check-in.

Yup I did, total 4 calls :rolleyes1. GF Cafe, lol. Gotta have my shrimp & grits, Plaza, Kona, SciFi, Portobello, and Trails End twice. Once for breakfast & once for dinner. Love taking the boat over from MK, and walking astound FW. Visit the ponies, horse barns. Last time we were there they were getting Cinderella's carriage ready.
Are you sure you are not a family member? We ensure at least one Sunday breakfast at the GF Cafe. *sigh* The little boats to FW and WL are another must-do for us. Visiting the horses (last trip, we took a trail ride!) and sitting in a rocking chair with a long, cold iced tea and watching the world go by in golf carts. :-)

My daughter and her new husband will be arriving on 4/17/16- for their honeymoon. They have an outer bldg. lagoon view- I requested big pine key as their preffered area is this a good location? And they will be driving from Pensacola to GF- arriving around 4:30 PM they have already done the online check in and their reservation is marked honeymoon, is there anything further I should tell them to be aware of or do? I just want them to have a great time. Thanks

If you do the pre-arrival check in, you don't even need to stop at any desk. Your MB will work the elevator to CL and you'll be texted when your room is ready and be able to go right there as well. If you room isn't ready at 10 you can leave your bags at bell services. Any facilities are yours to use when you arrive.
Valet means you drop off and pick up your car from an attendant at the front of the resort. It's I think around $20-25 a day (someone who knows more will come along and list the actual price) plus a tip whenever you pick your car up.

Bypassing the Front Desk and going straight to your room is not guaranteed after doing Online Check In. Once you have fully completed Online Check In you will have one of three possible Check In Experiences:

Online Check In - You will have to stop by the Online Check In Desk

Streamlined Check In - You will have to stop by the Streamlined Check In Kiosk in the Lobby.

Bypass the Front Desk - You will get your room number texted to you and can go directly to your room.

Nobody knows how they determine which experience you get. I think it's the same algorithm they use to determine who gets PIN Codes.

Are you sure you are not a family member? We ensure at least one Sunday breakfast at the GF Cafe. *sigh* The little boats to FW and WL are another must-do for us. Visiting the horses (last trip, we took a trail ride!) and sitting in a rocking chair with a long, cold iced tea and watching the world go by in golf carts. :-)
Lol!! We love that stuff! We also enjoy taking the nature path between WL & FW. But that's not happening this trip with the WL construction.
We've done the Segway tour around FW, so fun!

My daughter and her new husband will be arriving on 4/17/16- for their honeymoon. They have an outer bldg. lagoon view- I requested big pine key as their preffered area is this a good location? And they will be driving from Pensacola to GF- arriving around 4:30 PM they have already done the online check in and their reservation is marked honeymoon, is there anything further I should tell them to be aware of or do? I just want them to have a great time. Thanks
We had a lagoon view in Big Pine. Great location. We looked out to The Poly. At night we could watch the Electric Water Parade from our balcony.

Thanks to a series of very fortunate events, we've just added 2 nights in an outer building garden view room to our plans! We check in at GF on 22 April--time to get reading and planning! Any room recommendation suggestions, or suggestions for first timers?
Our fav garden view is Boca Chica looking at courtyard pool.

Bypassing the Front Desk and going straight to your room is not guaranteed after doing Online Check In. Once you have fully completed Online Check In you will have one of three possible Check In Experiences:

Online Check In - You will have to stop by the Online Check In Desk

Streamlined Check In - You will have to stop by the Streamlined Check In Kiosk in the Lobby.

Bypass the Front Desk - You will get your room number texted to you and can go directly to your room.

Nobody knows how they determine which experience you get. I think it's the same algorithm they use to determine who gets PIN Codes.

Interesting. Our first/only online check-in led to the front desk bypass. I guess I just assumed that was the point of checking in online. Thanks for the additional information, it's good to know.

...I know the GF CL texting service used to make a 4th FP for you once you exhausted your three. I had a friend who stayed GF RPC at the end of December and was told this service no longer exists...all 4th FP need to be made at the park...
Our RPC visit was Jan 22-30, and made use of the texting service for a 4th (and more) FP.

Our RPC visit was Jan 22-30, and made use of the texting service for a 4th (and more) FP.

Thanks for posting your recent experience with 4th and beyond FP texting. We'll be arriving at RPC in less than one month. Did you enjoy your RPC stay? How did you feel the lounge food was....I've read mixed opinions lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter