2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We received this letter from Disney regarding our upcoming (April 15th) stay at the BC (GV room):

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Beach Club Resort, your charming home-away-from-home nestled on the cusp of Crescent Lake, and we are excited to host you as our Guest!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience and spread magic here at the Walt Disney World Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware that Resort refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. This refurbishment should have minimal impact on you and your vacation; however, we wanted to make you aware since you may overhear our magic-making. Construction is scheduled to occur daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

All of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open to you during your stay. While you may experience our work in progress, please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all that we have to offer. Guests have been cherishing the delightful, seaside magic of our Resort for nearly 25 years, and we are excited to share that magic with you!

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked through the Walt Disney World Resort or have additional questions, please call 877-676-6873 and one of our Cast Members will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Miriam A. Flynn
General Manager of Disney's Beach Club Resort
We are staying April 4-10 and have not received any letters. We too are GV at the BC.

We stayed at BC in December and we were on the 4th floor while they were renovating it. I didn't hear a sound. We were not in our room a lot, but I wasn't bothered one bit. We saw a few men and women walking around with hard hats, but no biggie. They were very nice, smiled and said hi. Loved SAB and the location of BC. I've never stayed at POR, so I can't compare. $700 is a lot of money.... Good luck deciding.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Same response for garden view? (I booked garden view - must have gotten an acronym wrong - not club level.)

I know hotel rooms anywhere are a bit of a luck of the draw - you can be in a presidential suite but have a screaming baby in a room on the other side of the wall.

It isn't five rooms, it is only one. The other 4 rooms would be on non-club level floors. :)

I think that your chances of getting room 5699 are pretty slim, since you have booked a standard club level room and they are all on the 5th floor and only one room on the whole floor is next to the service elevator, espeically if you contact IPO and specially request not to get it. :)

As far as the renovations go, you will be on the fifth floor, which is completed, and I've heard that they are finished with the fourth floor renovations, too. Which means that they would be working on the third floor and lower. The work is being done during the daytime when most people are in the parks, so you should be fine. We will be there beginning April 15th and aren't really too worried about it. :) We've stayed at the Beach Club before when they were doing room rehabs and you usually don't even notice that it is going on. They take sections of the resort out of inventory when they do the work.

We stayed on the 4th floor last week (it's beautiful). They were doing construction on the third floor directly below us and started at 7:30am every day. We aren't early risers so it was a little annoying but they were definitely done by the evening. It wasn't really worth trying to move over, but it was definitely noticeable.

We are staying April 4-10 and have not received any letters. We too are GV at the BC.

The "letter" was actually sent via email from Disney Destinations. It had our 12 digit reservation number and check in date at the bottom of the letter. The interesting thing about this letter was that we booked this reservation through Orbitz, our first time ever using an agency. I was worried that we wouldn't be treated the same as guests on a Disney reservation but so far, so good. Now I just hope we get a decent room. ;)

Since I suspect I'm driving my sister bonkers right now about a trip not happening for five months, I'll post this next question here. Right now, I have a deal booked for August 16-23. Three nights at the Poly, CL. Four nights, SV, at the Beach Club. I admit, view concerns me a little, even though we didn't spend that much time on the balcony our last August trip. Still, the magical deal doesn't have rooms available for garden view. I'm contemplating upgrading to a deluxe view, with the hopes that there will be some sort of discount released for late summer (although I don't know that the deluxe rooms get discounts often). We're a party of five - three adults and two kids. One of the adults is my niece, and while she's only 18 (or will be by then), she's 5'11". I think coming from the larger room at the Poly and having the club lounge as an escape and going to a standard room at the BC might make things feel a bit too close. The deluxe room has the bonus of more space, the lounge, and a better view. I've convinced myself it's worth the difference in price. Anyone think of any cons, besides the obvious cost issue? We have the BC standard room view booked for $922 for four nights. The deluxe room, without discount, is twice that. An extra $100 per night and I'd say it's a no-brainer. But it's more like an extra $275 per night. That number seems crazy to me.

ETA: that number is totally crazy. My tween pointed out we could eat at Flying Fish every night and then some with that money.

Tarak: I feel like we have the same worries and decisions. We (our whole family - 5 rooms of us) have stayed at the Yacht Club for the past two late summers on the magical deal and are WAY tired of the roof views we have all received both years (not to mention the inability to have us located near each other with some mobility issues for our elderly family members and an infant too in our party that my daughter was hoping to be near another family member for help with the baby. Anyway, we decided to give the Poly a try this August for 8 nights, but we are getting nervous about the construction now too. I am under the assumption that we have a better chance of getting a nicer view at the Poly (unless a construction view), that the room is larger than the YC and I did hear the Poly does try to fulfill your room requests, which wasn't done for us at the YC for the past two summers. Our first time with the magical deal we could have upgraded to the club level at the Yacht Club for $100 a night and I am still kicking myself for not doing it!! I don't even think they offer it now for the magical deal. Anyway, I thought I would let you know I am going crazy too hoping to make a good decision. lol.

We stayed on the 4th floor last week (it's beautiful). They were doing construction on the third floor directly below us and started at 7:30am every day. We aren't early risers so it was a little annoying but they were definitely done by the evening. It wasn't really worth trying to move over, but it was definitely noticeable.
Thanks for the update. I think I'd rather not be above or below the construction. :(

Just wanted to clarify that I will be out helping Jeanne in her classroom from May 5th to May 21st. She asked me to extend the trip due to testing that was occurring that next week. I believe someone asked me about a date in May that I would be working and I said I would be there May 17th and 18th. Unfortunately I won't be back to work until May 24th and 25th.

Teena,
You are so kind to help Jeanne. Although, I am sad we will miss you.

Rebecca

Tarak: I feel like we have the same worries and decisions. We (our whole family - 5 rooms of us) have stayed at the Yacht Club for the past two late summers on the magical deal and are WAY tired of the roof views we have all received both years (not to mention the inability to have us located near each other with some mobility issues for our elderly family members and an infant too in our party that my daughter was hoping to be near another family member for help with the baby. Anyway, we decided to give the Poly a try this August for 8 nights, but we are getting nervous about the construction now too. I am under the assumption that we have a better chance of getting a nicer view at the Poly (unless a construction view), that the room is larger than the YC and I did hear the Poly does try to fulfill your room requests, which wasn't done for us at the YC for the past two summers. Our first time with the magical deal we could have upgraded to the club level at the Yacht Club for $100 a night and I am still kicking myself for not doing it!! I don't even think they offer it now for the magical deal. Anyway, I thought I would let you know I am going crazy too hoping to make a good decision. lol.

I did want to mention that Disney blocks rooms for the travel agency that has the "magical" deal. If any of your requests don't coincide with what is already booked there is little they will do. We too have stayed on the deal at several resorts over the last few years and have come up against this. We were specifically told that with the convention rate we had very limited options for where we would be placed. However, the rate is usually over 50% off so I can see their point.

I used the magical Coronado last year and was given every request made. By pool, by bus stop, and a hammock nearby.

As for BC, im already getting by pool and we do not even need a bus for two parks. I may look out the window once, not that concerned with a view from the room.

I just do not want _699

I did want to mention that Disney blocks rooms for the travel agency that has the "magical" deal. If any of your requests don't coincide with what is already booked there is little they will do. We too have stayed on the deal at several resorts over the last few years and have come up against this. We were specifically told that with the convention rate we had very limited options for where we would be placed. However, the rate is usually over 50% off so I can see their point.

We saw this happen to someone at the WL. They had booked the magical deal which gave them a standard view room at a really low price. When they asked to be moved because they were over the loading dock and next to the transformers, Disney wouldn't do it. They said there weren't any rooms available, which probably meant that there weren't and "special rate" rooms available.

This is why I'm a little worried about our Orbitz reservation at the BC next month.

I got our "construction/renovation" email today too. Since we are still 86 days (but who's counting?) from out BC portion of our stay here is hoping they've rocked out lots more reno's (quickly and quietly of course!). We booked through Orbitz too. Now here is hoping no X699 room...:rolleyes1.
Spring has (finally) made an appearance here and trip seems closer somehow with the warmer weather!

We saw this happen to someone at the WL. They had booked the magical deal which gave them a standard view room at a really low price. When they asked to be moved because they were over the loading dock and next to the transformers, Disney wouldn't do it. They said there weren't any rooms available, which probably meant that there weren't and "special rate" rooms available.

This is why I'm a little worried about our Orbitz reservation at the BC next month.

Do you think this also applies to rooms booked by a CM with the Disney friends & family discount? That's how we booked our 3 rooms at the YC for this September, through a family friend who works for Disney.

With my luck we will get asked if we'd like to upgrade our SV CL room to a GV and we'll get 5699! I guess I will have to decline the upgrade!

Whoah! All this talk about 699 rooms has me a bit worried. We are booked in garden view club level in July. My requests were going to be: close to lounge, full balcony but now I'm worried I need to consider other things! What do you all recommend?

It will be myself, wife, and almost 3 year old toddler going 6 days to DW and staying at Yacht Club after the renovations at Yacht Club. What are the room options I should tell the resort to make it as likely as possible to get a room with the BEST Boardwalk view. Torn between Club level and non-club level. Does club level water view room give me an even better chance of getting a room with the BEST Boardwalk view over a non-club level room?

Just wanted to clarify that I will be out helping Jeanne in her classroom from May 5th to May 21st. She asked me to extend the trip due to testing that was occurring that next week. I believe someone asked me about a date in May that I would be working and I said I would be there May 17th and 18th. Unfortunately I won't be back to work until May 24th and 25th.

HA! I'm reading that and it's not registering... until I'm making up my May trip schedule tonight and I realize it's ME and Rebecca that you are talking about!

Rebecca B.B. do you want to get together for Dinner on Monday night 5/18/15 ? You can pick the place and it can be anywhere. Lemme know and we can work it out.
Teena: I'll have plenty of time to see you in Nov/Dec. The dates for that trip are 11/28/15 to 12/13/15 at the Boardwalk CLUB LEVEL!!! :banana::banana::banana: I couldn't get the Beach Club with my "Magical" deal. I will just have to spend a lot of time running back and forth to the Marketplace for some of those delicious Chocolate croissants!
lick.gif

~NM

Having booked through Orbitz a number of times, there has never been any different treatment, than if the booking were made directly through Disney. When booking the room, the room rate is based on the category you select; you'll be assigned that category, or sometimes, a step up. As long as your requests are provided to Orbitz via phone, about one week prior to arrival, there seems to be a real effort to accommodate reasonable requests.

The Orbitz RO rates usually are very competitive, using the current promo, and sometimes are comparable, if not better, than BB rates. I personally have been satisfied with Orbitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter