• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

My experience with the CP package is to have 3 different options open so you can get the cp on the night you want and maybe not quite your #1 dining. We did a new place last year -- my 3rd choice actually -- and loved it so much is will be my #1 choice this year.::yes::
As far as length, seems to me it runs an hour. I guess I don't check my watch. Lines: the CMs will direct you as you get to the front of the line. There is no separate que for packages but don't fret. We have a good time in lines listening to all the conversations around us. Last year we had a service/rescue dog and its owner by us and learned alot.:goodvibes

My experience with the CP package is to have 3 different options open so you can get the cp on the night you want and maybe not quite your #1 dining. We did a new place last year -- my 3rd choice actually -- and loved it so much is will be my #1 choice this year.::yes::
As far as length, seems to me it runs an hour. I guess I don't check my watch. Lines: the CMs will direct you as you get to the front of the line. There is no separate que for packages but don't fret. We have a good time in lines listening to all the conversations around us. Last year we had a service/rescue dog and its owner by us and learned alot.:goodvibes

Last year, on the day I went anyway, there was a separate queue for packages. The package line was on the far left side as you enter the theater, SB was on the far right. Are you saying you queued up in the SB line?

Question (to make sure I did this right). I was told they are not booking CP yet. Did I do something wrong? I did make an Epcot dinner reservation, but they said the date wasn't open yet. I wanted 12/7.

Thanks!

You made an ADR since the packages haven't been released yet. When they are released you will have to cancel your ADR and book the package.

You made an ADR since the packages haven't been released yet. When they are released you will have to cancel your ADR and book the package.

I'm confused by the post you quoted as well, but just wanted to clearly say (to that poster) that a regular ADR can't be turned into a CP package ADR, in case that poster was thinking that. So it's a fine plan to make an ADR if you don't care about the CP and just want to ensure you have somewhere to go for dinner, but if the thought is to change it into the package, that is not possible.

Yes and I would expect that Le Cellier isn't going to be one of the participating restaurants. I booked it this morning for our December trip and there was PLENTY of slots available, unlike in years past.

It's also my guess that Le Cellier will not be available for the packages at all, based on their dropping dinner from the packages last year after it went signature. Now, the restaurant is signature all the time.

I'm confused by the post you quoted as well, but just wanted to clearly say (to that poster) that a regular ADR can't be turned into a CP package ADR, in case that poster was thinking that. So it's a fine plan to make an ADR if you don't care about the CP and just want to ensure you have somewhere to go for dinner, but if the thought is to change it into the package, that is not possible.

I was confused about this as well. I was reading some info on another Disney website and the way it reads is that you can book an ADR for a restaurant then later convert it to a Candlelight ADR. I'm glad you clarified that this is in fact not possible to do. You can't go online right now and book an ADR, then when the Candlelight bookings get release convert that existing ADR to the Candlelight package. I didn't think this could be done. Basically if you want to dine with the Candlelight package you have to wait until they are released and book your dining then.

I was confused about this as well. I was reading some info on another Disney website and the way it reads is that you can book an ADR for a restaurant then later convert it to a Candlelight ADR. I'm glad you clarified that this is in fact not possible to do. You can't go online right now and book an ADR, then when the Candlelight bookings get release convert that existing ADR to the Candlelight package. I didn't think this could be done. Basically if you want to dine with the Candlelight package you have to wait until they are released and book your dining then.

Yep.

Hi all! I too am hoping for a CP dining package sometime the first week in December. I just tried to make an ADR at CRT this morning and ran across having to prepay for my meal if I wanted to make a reservation since I currently don't have a ddp package booked. My plan was to only do the dining plan if it was free and to do oop food otherwise with my only TS being CRT and CP package.

I realize that as long as I cancel 24 hrs in advance for CRT I will get my money back, I just hate paying $148 dollars now for dinner in 6 months. :scared:

I just wondered if CP was the same way. Do you have to pay up front if you don't have ddp? If so, I may go ahead and make a reservation. If not...I need to decide what I want to do. :scratchin

Hi all! I too am hoping for a CP dining package sometime the first week in December. I just tried to make an ADR at CRT this morning and ran across having to prepay for my meal if I wanted to make a reservation since I currently don't have a ddp package booked. My plan was to only do the dining plan if it was free and to do oop food otherwise with my only TS being CRT and CP package.

I realize that as long as I cancel 24 hrs in advance for CRT I will get my money back, I just hate paying $148 dollars now for dinner in 6 months. :scared:

I just wondered if CP was the same way. Do you have to pay up front if you don't have ddp? If so, I may go ahead and make a reservation. If not...I need to decide what I want to do. :scratchin

I made my ADRs two days ago. I did have to pay in full for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show, just like CRT. I did not have to pay for my CP ADR. I did have to give a credit card number, though. I believe they charge you $10 per person if you are a no show or cancel without a 24 hr notice.

I made my ADRs two days ago. I did have to pay in full for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show, just like CRT. I did not have to pay for my CP ADR. I did have to give a credit card number, though. I believe they charge you $10 per person if you are a no show or cancel without a 24 hr notice.

Only CRT and a few other character meals do this now. I know I can do some other reservations with just a credit card number to hold it but those specifically say my card wont be charged unless i am a no show. Where when I try to reserve CRT it says my card will be charged now the full amount but can be refunded if I cancel before 24 hrs of my reservation. They probably made the change to open up reservations or push the dining plan bc if I had the dining plan my cc would just be in case I was a no show.

we are planning on doing the 5pm show on 11/29 with friends at the Rose & crown!

Waiting for CP packages to open for booking! Looking for the 5pm show for 12/24. Booked last year on 6/26 - hopefully we will start seeing a narrator list at least partial) soon!

I am trying to do the package with lunch at LeChefs and the early show on Dec 2.
I will probably be in EP more than one night and might try to catch just the show at one of the later times.

Only CRT and a few other character meals do this now. I know I can do some other reservations with just a credit card number t to hold it but those specifically say my card wont be charged unless i am a no show. Where when I try to reserve CRT it says my card will be charged now the full amount but can be refunded if I cancel before 24 hrs of my reservation. They probably made the change to open up reservations or push the dining plan bc if I had the dining plan my cc would just be in case I was a no show.

I went round and round with WDW and finally got a written reply about the charge for a missed ADR that has a credit card guarantee. I have this in a signed e-mail.... "One day is defined as the day before, up to 11:59 pm. Therefore, our Guests have until 11:59 pm the day before their reservation to cancel without a charge." CRT does require 24 hrs; V&A requires 48 hours, but the others are simply by midnight the day before.... an 8:00 am ADR for breakfast on a Monday can be canceled w/o a charge up to 11:59 pm Sunday night.

For those who want more information, I added a couple blog posts to the first post.

Still anxiously waiting for narrators and package info! I will also put it in the first post when released. :santa:

Hoping for December 5th. Doesn't matter to me what time we do. I have four or five top choices for restaurants, so hopefully we'll get something!

It will be my first time at disney with all the holiday decorations this year. The CP would be the icing on the cake...really hope I can get the dinner package!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter