2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about the coffee pots in the BC Villas? What type/size? What about in the regular rooms? Thanks so much!

I can't remember whether I did online check in and am now wondering if I should ask for an accessible room. I ordered a wheelchair from apple strollers... What else? She has a boot bad crutches (and lots of pain meds!). I just ordered cast covers to be delivered to YC, and packed Saran wrap and duck tape just in case. Any advice?!

Thanks,
Tricia

I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say I am sorry to hear about your daughter! Definitely ask at checkin about whether an accessible room is available or at least one that is close to lobby/transportation.

Wishing you safe travels and a great stay despite this plot twist for your family.

:grouphug:

Can anyone tell me about the coffee pots in the BC Villas? What type/size? What about in the regular rooms? Thanks so much!

The regular BC/YC rooms have Cuisniart Coffee Pod machines

I believe the studio villas have a 4 cup Mr. Coffee Style-maker and the 1 BR and 2 BR villas have a 10 cup Mr. Coffee-style machine.

Here is the post from the Other Useful Info Post on Page 1 (Post 14)

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

Hi everyone. I have a question about the beach club. We always stay at the YC but have decided to try the BC for this next trip. I know you are not guaranteed a balcony so if that's important I should put that as my first request. The question is, we are a family of 5, so do I need to request a daybed? Or is that a given? My only requests would be a day bed and a balcony, with the daybed the most important. I'm not real picky on anything else and not having the balcony would not ruin the trip but it would be nice. So I guess I just need to know if I should request the daybed if we are a family of 5.

Thanks!!

As a party of 5 (if everyone is over the age of 3), you have to be given a room that will sleep 5. I believe in most cases, families of 5-plus are given priority for rooms with a daybed. In the situation (hopefully rare) where a room with a daybed is not available when you check-in, then a rollaway cot will be provided.

My request suggestion is either "Full balcony, please" or "Full balcony please with daybed, family of 5"

page 178-179

It's nice to see some new friends and returning folks booking trips for next year!

:banana::banana::banana:

Just booked the BC CL for Sept last week with deluxe dining!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:wave2:

Great to be adding you back to the Be Our Guest list!

:woohoo:

I've been lurking for a while, and want to formally join in. Headed back to Disney for the 15th time in April 5th-9th) but our first time staying at YC. We gave wanting to stay there for a while, and sat trip when we ate at Cape May fir the first time we knew next trip had to be there!

Already have our ADR's (DDP) but hoping for BOG fast pass+ for lunch and magic bands/FP+ !!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1 (Post 15).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Hi everyone!!! I have been reading from page one and this thread is amazing!! I have read other threads and I have to say that this one seems to have the nicest people and the best information.

My new husband and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary at the Beach Club, January 25-30.

We stayed at the Swan in 2012 for a conference he had to attend and I told him that I have always wanted to stay at the BC. I took him over to show him and he thought it was amazing!!! This will make my 22nd trip to Disney!!! Yay!! Only his 2nd, as we did not do the parks for the conference in 2012.

We had some big things happen last year, we got married in January, we had 3 children (1 mine and 2 his) graduate college, my oldest daughter was married and I started a new job. So we didn't get to go on vacation or take a honeymoon. So this trip is his gift to me for our anniversary. Such a sweet man. He knows how much I love this place.

So thank you everyone!!!!! This thread is awesome!!!

:welcome: and congratulations on all of the milestones last year. What a great anniversary trip!

Thanks for the very kind words about the thread! This is a great community we have here, and we try very hard to keep a positive vibe. We have found that it is possible to give good information in a polite and pleasant manner!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

So I'm about to book the YC CL for sept 14 for our first adult only trip. Are there King CL rooms at the YC? Is it a request or a room category?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Hi everyone. I have a question about the beach club. We always stay at the YC but have decided to try the BC for this next trip. I know you are not guaranteed a balcony so if that's important I should put that as my first request. The question is, we are a family of 5, so do I need to request a daybed? Or is that a given? My only requests would be a day bed and a balcony, with the daybed the most important. I'm not real picky on anything else and not having the balcony would not ruin the trip but it would be nice. So I guess I just need to know if I should request the daybed if we are a family of 5.

Thanks!!

:wave2:

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list for next summer. When is your trip? July?

You can book any available resort. We booked our BC trip (IN ONE WEEK!!!!!) last year from CR.

That deserves a :cheer2:

Just a quick note to thank everyone for all the great advice over the last several months. We arrive at YC tomorrow -- it will be our first stay at this resort, and we can't wait!! :yay:

Have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

I'm back home :(

We had an amazing stay at the BC, met Teena, lovely lady, sorry I didn't get the chance to come back with the girls.

So I'll finish my trip report now! In bits!

Can't believe it's been a week since I last updated, we've been going at it hard with little time to rest.

X

Thanks again for your reports! Post when you can, no worries!

:goodvibes

I believe I have the Be Our Guest list updated with all current information. Please take a moment to look it over and make sure your trip is listed correctly.

Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Hi

We have booked club level with a garden view for July at the Yacht Club. First time to an Epcot resort and first time club level....

Do I need to do any room requests on my booking? Do all these rooms have a full balcony? We are 3 adults and a child, a day bed would be nice but not essential as 2 queen size would do.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey Dee. We are in the process of firming up our August 2014 trip. You can put us down for August 17 - 24, YC, family gathering. Thanks for all you do! Come on August! lol.

My friend and I are staying at the BC February 23-28. Please add us to your list.

She hasn't been to Disney World since her honeymoon 40 years ago. I am going to have a blast showing her around. I think the Beach Club is the perfect location for us.

Hi We have booked club level with a garden view for July at the Yacht Club. First time to an Epcot resort and first time club level.... Do I need to do any room requests on my booking? Do all these rooms have a full balcony? We are 3 adults and a child, a day bed would be nice but not essential as 2 queen size would do. Thanks for any advice.

We stayed in room 5150. This was a club level garden view room. We had a daybed and we were very close to the lounge and elevators. Our view was of the gazebo, but we also had a side view of the lagoon. This room would be perfect for you. Oh, it also had a full balcony.

Got 5 mins so will do a little update!

Monday 4 Nov.

Today was a free for all, nothing booked.
We had a lazy morning, well I say lazy, as lazy as we get but I was still running round!
We went down for a quick breakfast and headed out, I think we went to the outlet on Idrive to see if I could get that coat I wanted. We did end up spending a couple of hi hrs there and it was getting on a bit and we needed lunch, as I had no plans and we missed T-Rex the other night, I suggested we drive to DTD and have lunch there then do a bit shopping. So that's what we did, got in T-Rex in 15 mins and we had the steak, it was really good and we both agreed we would have it again. DD2 was not keen on the meteor showers but got through them!
After we did a bit shopping In world of Disney, got a few kitchen items and picked up my free $200, can't believe I waited that long to get it and after all that I've still got it! We forgot to pay it off the room bill the night before check out. Guess I'll have to use it online or as a deposit for our next stay, the guy who gave it put said it had no expiry.

So we were all shopped out for today and I wanted to hit DHS as it's and EMH tonight, I had FP for ToT and playhouse disney and Fantasmic. It was closing in on 4ish and wanted to get a few rides done before we had to go in for Fantasmic, so it was a quick drive back to BC, better than the 45 min bus trip!!
Quick change and out we went. Didn't do many rides but got playhouse disney in and start tours, DD2 was doing well and still awake so we managed to get to Fantasmic, we got in the FP line and it was busier than the stand by! We were seated right over in the left hand side, 2nd last block! Definitely was not worth a FP but still had a good enough view. We made our way out and did start tours again and headed to the dance party. Well DD2 was loving it, she missed it last week as she fell asleep. It was the best thing ever, watching her run round and take part in the conga line, She danced with Sofia and DD10 had Goofy practically all to herself, he was dancing with her and putting her Goofy hat on, at the end we said goodbye and he gave her a great big hug and kiss on the head, she must have been dancing with him for half an hour, following him round. She said it was the best thing to ever happen, oh,she loves Goofy!!!
DD2 fell asleep on the way out and we got back to the BCand grabbed flat bread sand the beef sandwich, again very good.
It was really late when were to bed, like 10:45,omg our latest night yet. Lol.

Forgot to say, about the watch I saw, it had gone up in price as the promotion had ended, just like the sales person said! So I found another, more expensive of course and now thinking about that that one! That'll teach DH for not believing the sales person, actually, when it had a second look at it I wasn't overly keen, so I'm glad I had seen the other one now!

X

Natebenma, we will be there July 23-29. We are doing our first visit to Universal July 20-23. We have never been to Universal and figured after 13 trips it's about time. We were also disappointed with the YC rooms last year, so we are going to try the BC. We very much enjoyed the Marketplace for their flatbread pizzas. It will be nice to be a little closer. This will also be our first year without doing parks, so we will be spending the majority of our time at the resort. SAB is the favorite of my 3 teenage boys. They could spend all day playing volleyball!!

Hey Dee, just booked BC July 22-29th. Decided to move up one night and add an extra night!! Super excited. I always feel so much better having the trip actually booked!!

Hi all! We made it - flight landed 15 minutes early and we were in the Yacht Club lobby less than an hour later. Our room was ready - perfect 4th floor location with a view of wedding gazebo and lagoon. We're now at SAB - DH and DD are in the pool and I'm about to order a sunken treasure and some lunch!

Dinner at Flying Fish tonight - but.otherwise nothing but relaxation! :thumbsup2

Hi all! We made it - flight landed 15 minutes early and we were in the Yacht Club lobby less than an hour later. Our room was ready - perfect 4th floor location with a view of wedding gazebo and lagoon. We're now at SAB - DH and DD are in the pool and I'm about to order a sunken treasure and some lunch!

Dinner at Flying Fish tonight - but.otherwise nothing but relaxation! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a perfect Sunday! :goodvibes

Sounds perfect. Enjoy the Flying Fish and let us all know what you think of their new menu.

Just booked YC for next August at an outrageously low price. FYI that *** has their great agency exclusives for 2014 available NOW. Not listed on their site yet, but you can get a quote. I work with Holly B. and she's great. PM me if you want more info.:thumbsup2

We loved Flying Fish! :thumbsup2. Also had a great meal at Kouzinas, the Fisherman's stew was yummy.

I believe I have the Be Our Guest list updated with all current information. Please take a moment to look it over and make sure your trip is listed correctly. Thanks! Post 15: Be Our Guest list .

Our dates are 3/12-3/16. Thanks!

Also, we are booked for pool/lagoon view. Are there any other requests we should make? I am such a newbie when it comes to the Yacht Club...but so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter