2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story....

I was waiting on a delivery of some medical supplies that get shipped to be every few months. They came on tuesday and I was like " finally, but why is it in two separate boxes?"

I did not open the boxes until this morning when I needed the supplies. I opened the smaller package and low and behold....bam, it was my magicbands:cool1::cool1:

Funny because I came home from work yesterday at 8pm and my first question to DH was " did the magicbands come" He said no and I was bummed. SO imagine my surprise that I had had them since Tuesday:rotfl:

Welp, I'm sorry to say that Dee will need to remove me from the BOG list. Disney Visa discount is not available for Beach Club during my stay and since my sister is now unexpectedly on a forced vacation (aka furloughed non-essential government employee) we needed to switch to a resort that is available. BUT the good news is we're not going far- we'll be hanging out across the water at Boardwalk! I hope to get to Beach/Yacht Club someday, but sadly not this time around. This is a great thread though and I hope everyone has wonderful stays!

Funny story....

I was waiting on a delivery of some medical supplies that get shipped to be every few months. They came on tuesday and I was like " finally, but why is it in two separate boxes?"

I did not open the boxes until this morning when I needed the supplies. I opened the smaller package and low and behold....bam, it was my magicbands:cool1::cool1:

Funny because I came home from work yesterday at 8pm and my first question to DH was " did the magicbands come" He said no and I was bummed. SO imagine my surprise that I had had them since Tuesday:rotfl:

YAY! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So excited. Today I got an email from my TA with our reference number so I could finally activate the My Disney Experience app!!! I can't do any reservations yet but at least it now says 320 days to Yacht Club. :cool1:

Funny story....

Good thing you checked!! :-)

Welp, I'm sorry to say that Dee will need to remove me from the BOG list. Disney Visa discount is not available for Beach Club during my stay and since my sister is now unexpectedly on a forced vacation (aka furloughed non-essential government employee) we needed to switch to a resort that is available. BUT the good news is we're not going far- we'll be hanging out across the water at Boardwalk! I hope to get to Beach/Yacht Club someday, but sadly not this time around. This is a great thread though and I hope everyone has wonderful stays!

I have heard BW is awesome too! And you are going to Disney!!! :-)

We had an amazing stay at the Yacht Club. It was so nice that we're now booked again for next Sept!! Yay!:yay:
Dee, when you get a chance, could you add us to the BeOurGuest list? Thanks very much! :goodvibes

Sept 20-30 2014 YC GVCL

Just an FYI on where the activities take place at SAB, I don't know if it changes but they had the activities going on by the volleyball net the last week of August this year. A few days they also had a few people doing things with the real little kids by the sand bar pool.

I agree it's quieter by the waterfall pool by the walkway to the hot tubs. Or even in the shade down by the slide exit.

Please add me to the BOG list too! We just booked Beach Club with the Visa Discount for March 1- March 8! Beyond excited since I've been lurking here for months!:cool1:

Could you add us to the BOG list too? We're staying at BCV for the first time in May. 5/8-5/10. It's only a short 3 day stay before we move over at AKV but none the less we are so excited to stay here!

I'm on the countdown to BC trip this month! :cool1: park tickets arrived for DH & our MNSSHP tickets came last week. Our magic bands came tue. I have activities picked for the magic bands everyday except MNSSHP as we plan to have a non park day until the party. I'm so excited to go!!!:yay: I have a couple of questions:
:confused3
1. I still haven't figured out how to add the fast pass BOG lunch, every time I go to the link someone recently provided I get an error message after I log in. Any advice?

2. I preordered the photo pass CD today, but how do I link them to my magic band? I've seen a lot of people talk about redeeming a voucher, but my receipt did not say a voucher would be sent? I know that photo pass has had a major overall in last month so maybe new orders don't get voucher? I thought I'd put in confirmation code from prepurchase, but there's no where to put it in? :scratchin. So confused :scared:

I'm very excited about the discount released today. I never expected a 35% discount on a BC garden view room in March. :cool1: So, I cancelled our April 30th - May 5th reservation and booked a BC GV for March 19th - March 23rd. :woohoo: It is 35% off and during Flower and Garden and at a much better time of year than the later reservation.

I never expected that I would be booking a new reservation today! I had to call home and have my DH read off the numbers of my Disney Visa card so we could get the discount. :)

We are midway through our trip and having a great time!

Outside of a mini-meltdown yesterday morning at MK (by both parent and child), we've had a blast.

A few things I've discovered:

1. We're not park commandos, and my kids aren't the most adventurous in terms of the rides they like. Pacing ourselves is very important. Coming back to the hotel in the afternoon before heading back out is how we work best, and pacing the rides (a sit down show in between some rides) works better for us as well.

2. As such, the hotel we stay at is more than a place to lie our heads. After the crowds and hectic pace of the parks, I love coming back to YC. I've stayed at BC before, and while I think the lobby is beautiful, I really appreciate how *quiet* and serene YC's lobby is. We've also spent a fair amount of time here lounging by the pool, using the slide and tubes in SAB's lazy river, and eating at Hurricane Hannah's and Beaches and Cream. And enjoying a few non-kiddie beverages ;). We've all enjoyed hanging out on the balcony and people watching. While I am considering staying at a mod on a return trip (to take advantage of the free dining BB offer), if ever I get another room discount, I will head for YC first. It's been great so far.

3. Speaking of great, we've had a towel animal in our room each of the days we've been here (and a space mountain tower or maybe castle build with washcloths that also holds our toothbrushes and toothpaste). It's so fun to come back from a morning in the parks to see what our mousekeeper has left for us...and it lifted my mood after yesterday's mini-meltdown in MK. It's just...cute and sweet, and this is this first time *ever* that I've gotten towel animals in my room. I understand that it's not always possible for the mousekeeper to leave them, but I am so appreciative that we've gotten them this trip.

4. We had a wonderful breakfast at Ohana's yesterday. My youngest was so thrilled about meeting Stitch and Pluto...and I loved the Poly's atmosphere. We've stayed there before, and as we were walking around and having breakfast, I felt the tiniest bit...wishful that we'd stayed there. But as soon as I got back to my room here at YC last night, I though, nope...this is the place for me. I love it here so much. And my kids seem to like Epcot and AK best (and our trip to AK today was great...no wait to or from for buses), so it makes sense to stay outside of the MK resorts. Next trip might be a mod, but we'll be back here for sure.

ETA, 5. The lifeguard at the slide was allowing parents to wait for smaller children at the bottom, so long as they quickly moved to the side when the child came down. I've read that this isn't always the case, but it was being allowed when we were there. The lifeguards were even cheering the kids on as they came down to meet their parents.

We are midway through our trip and having a great time!

Outside of a mini-meltdown yesterday morning at MK (by both parent and child), we've had a blast.

A few things I've discovered:

1. We're not park commandos, and my kids aren't the most adventurous in terms of the rides they like. Pacing ourselves is very important. Coming back to the hotel in the afternoon before heading back out is how we work best, and pacing the rides (a sit down show in between some rides) works better for us as well.

2. As such, the hotel we stay at is more than a place to lie our heads. After the crowds and hectic pace of the parks, I love coming back to YC. I've stayed at BC before, and while I think the lobby is beautiful, I really appreciate how *quiet* and serene YC's lobby is. We've also spent a fair amount of time here lounging by the pool, using the slide and tubes in SAB's lazy river, and eating at Hurricane Hannah's and Beaches and Cream. And enjoying a few non-kiddie beverages ;). We've all enjoyed hanging out on the balcony and people watching. While I am considering staying at a mod on a return trip (to take advantage of the free dining BB offer), if ever I get another room discount, I will head for YC first. It's been great so far.

3. Speaking of great, we've had a towel animal in our room each of the days we've been here (and a space mountain tower or maybe castle build with washcloths that also holds our toothbrushes and toothpaste). It's so fun to come back from a morning in the parks to see what our mousekeeper has left for us...and it lifted my mood after yesterday's mini-meltdown in MK. It's just...cute and sweet, and this is this first time *ever* that I've gotten towel animals in my room. I understand that it's not always possible for the mousekeeper to leave them, but I am so appreciative that we've gotten them this trip.

4. We had a wonderful breakfast at Ohana's yesterday. My youngest was so thrilled about meeting Stitch and Pluto...and I loved the Poly's atmosphere. We've stayed there before, and as we were walking around and having breakfast, I felt the tiniest bit...wishful that we'd stayed there. But as soon as I got back to my room here at YC last night, I though, nope...this is the place for me. I love it here so much. And my kids seem to like Epcot and AK best (and our trip to AK today was great...no wait to or from for buses), so it makes sense to stay outside of the MK resorts. Next trip might be a mod, but we'll be back here for sure.

ETA, 5. The lifeguard at the slide was allowing parents to wait for smaller children at the bottom, so long as they quickly moved to the side when the child came down. I've read that this isn't always the case, but it was being allowed when we were there. The lifeguards were even cheering the kids on as they came down to meet their parents.

Glad you are having a great time!:cool1:

Much better. She still has a horrible cough and runs a fever off and on but it's a low fever and she is eating again, laughing and talking nonstop.

Glad to hear the Princess is doing better. I haven't been on the boards or anything Disney for awhile since things have been really crazy around here. Constant running since we returned from our trip. Hoping to start a Trip Report or at least a summary soon.

One thing I can say is that everyone and everything at the Beach Club was fabulous again this year.

Glad to hear the Princess is doing better. I haven't been on the boards or anything Disney for awhile since things have been really crazy around here. Constant running since we returned from our trip. Hoping to start a Trip Report or at least a summary soon.

One thing I can say is that everyone and everything at the Beach Club was fabulous again this year.

Looking forward to your trip report! :-)

Is there a "quieter" area near SAB? DD takes a nap in the early afternoon, and a few days, we will probably be back at the hotel. I am hoping we can get her to nap in her stroller while we sit by the pool with a book and an adult beverage. I'm thinking a quiet pool probably makes the most sense -- but wondering if there is a tucked away corner of SAB that would work too?

This is from an update I posted to the SAB photo thread in January of this year - hope it helps!

Over the years, we've set up camp in many different areas of SAB. I've spent a lot of time near the zero depth sandy area. Sometimes, if our boys are sliding a lot, we set up camp at the base of the slide. Other times, we're over near the kiddie pool that overlooks the lake. I usually avoid the rows of chairs right in front of the volleyball net - a bit too hectic for me.

In the past few years, I decided that the quiet area to the right of the hot tubs - sort of to the left of Beaches N Cream is my favorite area to swim. There's a little waterfall, part of it has a sandy bottom, and it's very rarely crowded at any time of year. And there are a few chairs to the right of that area that offer a nice view of different areas of the pool. It's a central location, but a bit tucked away. Now that all of our boys are strong swimmers, it's a nice spot for us.

A few photos - but don't let it get too crowded!

DSCN0142_zps370eb8c0.jpg

DSCN0133_zpsfa768502.jpg

DSCN0132_zps4daed56f.jpg

DSCN0131_zpsce41af6b.jpg

DSCN0130_zpsb9cd1618.jpg

Oh, love this picture. I can vividly remember seeing this while I was at SAB last month. I absolutely loved the pool at the YC/BC.

I'm heading down to WDW on Sunday, but I'll be solo at the AKL. I plan to swim there, but my heart will be at SAB.

I'm heading down to WDW on Sunday, but I'll be solo at the AKL. I plan to swim there, but my heart will be at SAB.

AKL pool is great... very relaxing! Enjoy, I'm looking forward to that pool at the end of this month! Very quiet over by the bridge that leads to the hot tub by the slide :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

~N

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter