slo’s TUESDAY 5/7 poll - Bar Soap vs Body Wash 🧼

Bar soap vs Body Wash - What do you normally use? (m.c.)

• Bar Soap always - I’m a guy

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Bar Soap always - I’m a gal

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a guy

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Body Wash always - I’m a gal

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bar Soap sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a guy

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Body Wash sometimes - I’m a gal

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
I've transitioned over the years from bar (no washcloth) to multi-purpose body soap (with luffa). I'm a man and it makes taking showers at home and gym a breeze.

The only time I'll use a bar in the shower is with a washcloth and when that is the only option at a hotel. But, wow...it is rough on my skin's face.

Always bar soap in the shower. Always Beekman 1802 small bars, various scents. Right now it’s lilac. I do use liquid soap for hand washing, either Beekman or Bath & Body Works foaming.

Makes no never mind. I’ll use whatever meets the needs of my surroundings.
For instance, I use liquid soap (Dr Bonner) when we camp to cut down on products because the type I use is great for many surfaces. You can wash your hair, your body and dishes; biodegradable too.

At home, it was normally bar soap until DGD came of age. Definitely a member of her generation and cannot touch bar soap. Now it’s Dr Bonner’s at home too.
Oh and Philosophy. And Bed and Bath. And L’Occitane en Provence.
Just a never ending collection of daily cleansing products, half empty that I use indiscriminately to get rid of the too too many tubes and bottles.

I keep telling her half jokingly that I can’t wait to see what she spends money on when she has her own home.

DH prefers bar soap, usually Caress or Dove (depends on what's on sale). I use that, too, but I also have Bath&Body works body wash in the shower. I use whichever I grab, and sometimes I'll have a "random" bar of soap if I've found something that smells awesome in a small shop or as a souvenir while traveling. I also grab the small hotel bars if they are "good" or smell good, and use those at home sometimes (or take them with me as I don't like hotel body wash- often smells weird to me).

Hand soap in both bathrooms is foaming pump soap from B&BW. Hand soap in the kitchen is random, in a refillable pump bottle. Sometimes we have a big bottle of something that was on sale, sometimes I water down some shower gel and use that (especially if I am getting bored with the scent in the shower and want to swap it out).

Mostly bar soap, but we also have body wash in the shower and I'll use that once in a while as well.

I will use body wash, but I prefer bar soap. I even buy DH a 3-in-1 product that's shampoo, conditioner and body wash (since he doesn't need a traditional thicker conditioner). It's sort of a backup plan in case we run out of bar soap and can't make it to the store for a day or 2. I also try to keep Hibiclens around in case anyone has an open wound. I meant to buy a new bottle the other day for this gash on my head, but I'm managing without right now.

The funny thing, I feel cleaner with bar soap. I find it creates better suds than a lot of the bodywashes, even though that supposedly doesn't matter. It reminds me of a paper a girl in my sophomore year writing class presented. The theme that semester was mythology, but it went beyond normal myths and legends. Her myth for this project was soap and how we've come to equate suds production and lasting duration of that sudsy lather with a better clean. Yet many studies show that suds and lather have no impact on the level of cleanliness achieved in a wash. It's marketed as such and has seeped into our psyches for everything from body cleanliness to laundry. It's been 31 years and the spirit of her paper still sticks with me.

Always use bar soap, as does my husband. I use Lever 2000 in the shower for my body, and Ivory (plus other skin products) for my face. Have used body wash/shower gel from time to time (sometimes get it as a gift), but in general I prefer traditional bar soap. I don’t care for heavily scented products, just want to smell clean and fresh.

Always body wash unless I'm at a hotel that only has bars of soap. I use body wash from Bath and Body Works or the Fiji scented one from Old Spice. I'm a woman but I just really love how that one smells lol

Body wash for me and bar soap for my husband. My kids don’t live at home anymore but I know they both use body wash (boy and girl).

We use Dove body wash. My DH used only bar soap and I used Bath and Body Works body wash, but both of us started getting really dry skin, so we both have switched to the Dove body wash.

I use a bar, usually one of those nice ones from Buff City Soap, thoguh they are expensive, so sometimes I just use something basic. I do like hte body wash at WDW and used that last week since that's what there is. I also took the small bar of soap and am using that at home now. 😁

I chose other because I use whichever one I can buy on sale. So long as I get clean it’s all good.

I’m a woman and use body wash almost exclusively. I like Caress or Dove. My husband prefers good old Dial bar soap, the gold bar. My son and daughter only use body wash.

I have only purchased bar soap for myself. But I do use the body wash in hotels and don’t feel like something is off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter