2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWEET PIX...PIXMOM!!!

Thanks to your beautiful photos, (and some other folk's too), I'm thinkin' VERY seriously about adding another day or two on our Christmas /New Years stay!!!

:wave2:

Missing the BC, SAB, this thread

How can i get back. Probably 2 years out

Oh thank you thank you PixarMom for those pictures. They got me so excited :goodvibes.

Just wanted to post and say hi to everyone! :wave

Teena, I'm glad Princess Lily is feeling much more like her Royal Highness should!

Couchy, what you did with your Magic Bands is something I totally would do! :)

To all those at YC/BC right now, hope you're having a magical time!

I can't wait until I'm back in February for the Princess Half Marathon! I'm trying to figure out when our family will be able to go back in 2014. We have my SIL's wedding in June and we are going on an adults-only trip with 13 of our closest friends to Riviera Maya in July. I'm thinking somewhere in between those two (expensive) events we'll go to WDW. I don't know if BC will be out of our price range or not for this trip. :( POR might be our resort choice or maybe we'll get two rooms at POP. We were so spoiled at BC for the past two summers....I don't know how we'll be able to stay anywhere else!

Did everyone see the news about Disney instituting a cancellation policy on all TS meals? Interesting! I wonder if this will help with availability at some places? One can hope! I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Teena, I'm glad Princess Lily is feeling much more like her Royal Highness should!

I can't wait until I'm back in February for the Princess Half Marathon! I'm trying to figure out when our family will be able to go back in 2014. We have my SIL's wedding in June and we are going on an adults-only trip with 13 of our closest friends to Riviera Maya in July. I'm thinking somewhere in between those two (expensive) events we'll go to WDW. I don't know if BC will be out of our price range or not for this trip. :( POR might be our resort choice or maybe we'll get two rooms at POP. We were so spoiled at BC for the past two summers....I don't know how we'll be able to stay anywhere else!

Did everyone see the news about Disney instituting a cancellation policy on all TS meals? Interesting! I wonder if this will help with availability at some places? One can hope! I'm sorry if this topic has already been discussed on this thread.

Thank you ... just skyped with the Princess again tonight. She wanted "Nanny in Castle". So Jeanne had to get me on Skype and Lily took the laptop into her Disney castle (which is in the middle of the living room) and I had to watch her color a picture of Jake the Pirate and then she kissed the screen a few times (at which Jeanne yelled that there was slobber all over it). After 30 minutes, Jeanne insisted it was bath time and she cried when we hung up. Jeanne later texted me that she went in the closet and dug out a pair of my Crocs I keep there and took them with her to bed. That made me cry. Hurry up 10/22!! Can't wait to hug that child!

And I'm thrilled with all these new policies at Disney ... I think it will help getting reservations at restaurants and I think the new policies for handicapped guests is fantastic. It will stop the abuse big time but at the same time people that can't stand in line will still be taken care of in a fair manner.

Hi Everyone!

We're back from our trip - 9/20 - 9/27 at the Beach Club Villas. We had a wonderful time!

*snip*

Happy to answer any questions as you all helped me so much!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the great review!

May I add a link to your post to the trip report section we have on Page 2?

:goodvibes

Welp, I'm sorry to say that Dee will need to remove me from the BOG list. Disney Visa discount is not available for Beach Club during my stay and since my sister is now unexpectedly on a forced vacation (aka furloughed non-essential government employee) we needed to switch to a resort that is available. BUT the good news is we're not going far- we'll be hanging out across the water at Boardwalk! I hope to get to Beach/Yacht Club someday, but sadly not this time around. This is a great thread though and I hope everyone has wonderful stays!

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a fantastic trip!

:)

We had an amazing stay at the Yacht Club. It was so nice that we're now booked again for next Sept!! Yay!:yay:
Dee, when you get a chance, could you add us to the BeOurGuest list? Thanks very much! :goodvibes

Sept 20-30 2014 YC GVCL

That's great to hear!!!

I'll add you to the list

:woohoo:

Please add me to the BOG list too! We just booked Beach Club with the Visa Discount for March 1- March 8! Beyond excited since I've been lurking here for months!:cool1:

:welcome: to the thread.

Happy to add you!

:cool1:

Could you add us to the BOG list too? We're staying at BCV for the first time in May. 5/8-5/10. It's only a short 3 day stay before we move over at AKV but none the less we are so excited to stay here!

Got it!

:yay:

1. I still haven't figured out how to add the fast pass BOG lunch, every time I go to the link someone recently provided I get an error message after I log in. Any advice?

2. I preordered the photo pass CD today, but how do I link them to my magic band? I've seen a lot of people talk about redeeming a voucher, but my receipt did not say a voucher would be sent? I know that photo pass has had a major overall in last month so maybe new orders don't get voucher? I thought I'd put in confirmation code from prepurchase, but there's no where to put it in? :scratchin. So confused :scared:

Sorry, can't answer your question about the BOG lunch

Did you order the regular photo pass or photo pass plus with the ride photos?

You get the voucher with PP+, but not with the regular PP. For regular PP, you just get a card from the first photographer that takes your picture (make sure you take a picture or note the code number of any cards you use)

I haven't heard about MB being used for photopass, but then again, I haven't had the need to pay much attention to the bands. Has anyone used the bands with the Photopass system, either regular or plus?

:thumbsup2

We are midway through our trip and having a great time!

*snip*

Glad to hear it! Thanks for posting your comments. Hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

:goodvibes

Glad to hear the Princess is doing better. I haven't been on the boards or anything Disney for awhile since things have been really crazy around here. Constant running since we returned from our trip. Hoping to start a Trip Report or at least a summary soon.

One thing I can say is that everyone and everything at the Beach Club was fabulous again this year.

Look forward to hearing about your trip when you have time!

:)

This is from an update I posted to the SAB photo thread in January of this year - hope it helps!

Thanks for the pictures!

Oh, love this picture. I can vividly remember seeing this while I was at SAB last month. I absolutely loved the pool at the YC/BC.

I'm heading down to WDW on Sunday, but I'll be solo at the AKL. I plan to swim there, but my heart will be at SAB.

Your conference was approved! Have a great time!

:yay:

Missing the BC, SAB, this thread

How can i get back. Probably 2 years out

Good to see you again!

Hello��

We are BC GV 3/3-3/7 2014

Thanks

Got it!

:woohoo:

Thanks for the great advice (and pictures) of the quieter SAB areas - we'll look for a spot near the waterfall. (which, coincidentally, is nice background noise for a kid -or adult - who wants a nap!).

Thanks!

Thank you ... just skyped with the Princess again tonight. She wanted "Nanny in Castle". So Jeanne had to get me on Skype and Lily took the laptop into her Disney castle (which is in the middle of the living room) and I had to watch her color a picture of Jake the Pirate and then she kissed the screen a few times (at which Jeanne yelled that there was slobber all over it). After 30 minutes, Jeanne insisted it was bath time and she cried when we hung up. Jeanne later texted me that she went in the closet and dug out a pair of my Crocs I keep there and took them with her to bed. That made me cry. Hurry up 10/22!! Can't wait to hug that child!

And I'm thrilled with all these new policies at Disney ... I think it will help getting reservations at restaurants and I think the new policies for handicapped guests is fantastic. It will stop the abuse big time but at the same time people that can't stand in line will still be taken care of in a fair manner.

Lily is just so adorable...loved hearing about this!! The Crocs part was the best...would make me cry too Teena!

I read about the new policies and think the changes are great too.

Teena, I can't believe my trip is in 5 days...can't wait!!

Kerry

Lily is just so adorable...loved hearing about this!! The Crocs part was the best...would make me cry too Teena!

I read about the new policies and think the changes are great too.

Teena, I can't believe my trip is in 5 days...can't wait!!

Kerry

I can't wait to see you again!

This is very sweet! When I read your posts about Lily and Jeanne it just helps me know that moving to Dallas next year will be and is the right decision!! Aside from missing my daughter EVERYDAY... there are no grandchildren yet, but when there are I will be there everyday, and I can't wait for August 2014 and that move!!

Thanks for your posts Teena and hurry up 10/22 so you can hug both those girls!!

~N

This is very sweet! When I read your posts about Lily and Jeanne it just helps me know that moving to Dallas next year will be and is the right decision!! Aside from missing my daughter EVERYDAY... there are no grandchildren yet, but when there are I will be there everyday, and I can't wait for August 2014 and that move!!

Thanks for your posts Teena and hurry up 10/22 so you can hug both those girls!!

~N

As much as I love living in Florida ... it was always my dream to retire here ... I'm thinking that if I found myself alone here, it would make sense to move to Vegas. I hate it there ... dry, hot, so horribly dirty (because it rarely rains) but it would make sense ... I miss those two girls so much. But as long as Bob and I are kickin, I'm sticking here in my beloved Clermont and just endorsing my Disney paycheck over to Southwest Airlines. Gotta love their sales! It makes it possible for me to fly out every other month and to fly them here at Christmas, spring break and the summer.

You're making the right decision going to Dallas!

:rotfl: Yep...me waiting for something that is already there!

I am also trying to squeeze 2014 in but prob not since we are going to France/Spain next summer...

This post made me smile... Lily is so cute

So sweet...Lily is such a little lovebug! And as for the new policies, I'm another who is not upset over it and completely agrees with you.

Counting down and almost in the single digits...cannot wait :yay:

Hi Catho & Teena :wave2:! I'm not familiar with the changes, can you fill me in?

Thanks!:flower3:

Ps- teena so glad to hear Lilly's better:goodvibes, I was praying for her!

Sorry, can't answer your question about the BOG lunch

Did you order the regular photo pass or photo pass plus with the ride photos?

You get the voucher with PP+, but not with the regular PP. For regular PP, you just get a card from the first photographer that takes your picture (make sure you take a picture or note the code number of any cards you use)

I haven't heard about MB being used for photopass, but then again, I haven't had the need to pay much attention to the bands. Has anyone used the bands with the Photopass system, either regular or plus?

Thanks Dee:worship:! This the 1st time I've ordered photo pass because I thought it would be great for MNSSHP & of course the rest of the trip too. DH & I don't have many pictures with each other. So since I don't know too much about photo pass, I just ordered it, but now realize I ordered the original photo pass & not the plus, I didn't really even realize there were 2 different options! I did some research last night after I bought it because I was so confused. It's not a big deal not having the plus because we have no character dining this trip & DH will only ride a few of the rides that take pics. I'm only bummed that we don't get the magic shots I guess! The prices for photo pass are nuts & the website confusing. When I initially logged in from my Disney experience it said if I preordered there was a deal, but the link it took me too was for $169.95& I knew that couldn't be the preorder price. There was a spot to enter a coupon code, so I goggled coupon codes & it linked me to Allears, the link at Allears took me to the reg photo pass for $119.95. Since I didn't realize there was a difference I just ordered it to save $50. I now have found the pluses preorder price is $149.95. So I could've gotten the plus for $30 more which i may have done instead of reg photo pass. I just don't understand why both items were not options right next to each other to help you choose & compare, it's like the try to trick you into buying the plus for the non discounted $169 even though the link from disney tells you theres a preorder deal. :scared: Sorry for long story, but if helps anyone else....

Anyone else get the error message when trying to sign up for BOG fast pass?

Re-reading this thread and getting excited about our YC stay! 23 days!!! I called last night and requested a pack n play and bed rails for our room, as well as made sure we had a fridge for the kiddos' milk. Anything else I should be aware of/ask for/bring for our room for them? They are 23 months old.

Hi Catho & Teena :wave2:! I'm not familiar with the changes, can you fill me in?

Thanks!:flower3:

Ps- teena so glad to hear Lilly's better:goodvibes, I was praying for her!

Thanks Dee:worship:! This the 1st time I've ordered photo pass because I thought it would be great for MNSSHP & of course the rest of the trip too. DH & I don't have many pictures with each other. So since I don't know too much about photo pass, I just ordered it, but now realize I ordered the original photo pass & not the plus, I didn't really even realize there were 2 different options! I did some research last night after I bought it because I was so confused. It's not a big deal not having the plus because we have no character dining this trip & DH will only ride a few of the rides that take pics. I'm only bummed that we don't get the magic shots I guess! The prices for photo pass are nuts & the website confusing. When I initially logged in from my Disney experience it said if I preordered there was a deal, but the link it took me too was for $169.95& I knew that couldn't be the preorder price. There was a spot to enter a coupon code, so I goggled coupon codes & it linked me to Allears, the link at Allears took me to the reg photo pass for $119.95. Since I didn't realize there was a difference I just ordered it to save $50. I now have found the pluses preorder price is $149.95. So I could've gotten the plus for $30 more which i may have done instead of reg photo pass. I just don't understand why both items were not options right next to each other to help you choose & compare, it's like the try to trick you into buying the plus for the non discounted $169 even though the link from disney tells you theres a preorder deal. :scared: Sorry for long story, but if helps anyone else....

Anyone else get the error message when trying to sign up for BOG fast pass?

If you want to upgrade to PP+, you could call them and explain the situation and they'll do that for you. I had a PP bought a couple of years ago which I never got to use so I had the credit. I wanted PP+ this trip, since I wanted ride photos, magic shots and we are doing a couple of character meals. I called PP people, and they gave me the credit for PP I bought and I just had to pay the difference to upgrade and it only took about 5~10 minute phone call. :goodvibes

I agree with you 100%, Teena! :thumbsup2

And, 10/22 is not so very far away now!! :yay:

Our MagicBands for the Beach Club portion of our trip just arrived! Two sets to take care of now. But I put AKL on the ones for the first two nights and BC on the ones for the rest of the trip. That ought to help!! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter