2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

This can be confusing! We have always traveled during the September FD, but this year we are going in December (8-15). Do we get it from the 10th to the end of our stay? do we need to purchase separate tickets? Check in twice? Sheesh.. it can't just be an easy thing, can it...

You would need to book a room only reservation for the 8th and 9th and then start a FD package on the 10th. You can pickup your tickets on the 8th at any guest relations windo at the parks. The CM on the phone will tell you you can't get your tickets early, but they are WRONG. Cheshire Figment is a ticketing CM and has all of the info about picking up tickets early in his ticket sticky on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum (post #15 section "I"). Just get the total number of days on your tickets that you need for your entire trip with the FD part of your stay. There is a possibility that you will have to switch rooms when you checkout/checkin on the 10th, but they will do whatever they can to let you stay in the same room.

No can do on FD for me this time around. To change the ressies around (2 days then check in again) ends up costing more because of the price of the tickets.

I'll keep fingers crossed for another round of dates. That would be nice, huh?

No can do on FD for me this time around. To change the ressies around (2 days then check in again) ends up costing more because of the price of the tickets.

I'll keep fingers crossed for another round of dates. That would be nice, huh?

You can pick up FD package tickets up to 3 days early. Would that help you?

Heads up for people wanting to book at a mod... standard rooms are POR and POFQ are NOT included in the DV FD offer. You will have to upgrade to a garden view or higher to add the FD at those two resorts. Standards are included at CSR and CBR though.

Not true. I just booked two standard rooms at POR with no problems.

On hold now with Disney to change over our Pop Century December reservation to free dining, upgrading from quick service. WooHoo! So excited!:cool1:

Have been holding for about 10 minutes. Hope it doesn't take too long. I have a lunch mtg. in 2 hours:rolleyes2

You can pick up FD package tickets up to 3 days early. Would that help you?

Hate to seem dense, but what does that mean? We arrive on the 8th- does FD go retroactive? I know they go the other direction...

It's just not there yet. I just got off the phone with Disney and got free dining for late October trip!:cool1:

The girl I spoke with had to put me on hold a couple of times so she could call guest services. The first time, she called to see if there was a deal because she couldn't find one. Then when she got the code, it was saying it was free, but it was adding the QSDP at full price. She called back and they fixed it. It is definitely out today, but things aren't running smoothly yet. Give them a call and be persistent.
I knew my info about Disney Visa free dining was correct. So glad you got your discount this morning :-)

Woo to the hoo! :cool1: Just called and got it added to my December reservation. No additional deposit was needed, although I did have to upgrade my room to a Garden View. Worth the $92.00 difference for 5 nights of Free Dining though!

Edit: Um. How long do changes usually take to show up on the web site? I just checked, and the price total has updated, but now my package says no tickets included and says nothing about dining?!??!

Hate to seem dense, but what does that mean? We arrive on the 8th- does FD go retroactive? I know they go the other direction...
No, you would do a room only reservation (no tickets and no dining) for your first 2 nights and pay out of pocket for your meals your first 2 nights and theen have a separate package booked for check in on the 10th for the remainder of your vacation and have the free dining discount applied to that portion of your stay. BUT, you can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early at Downtown Disney or any of the customer service desks at the parks.

If you are travelling a bit before the FD promo starts, you can book a room only reservation for the days prior to FD eligibily and then book a FD package with the total number of park tickets you need for the whole trip. You can get your tickets up to 3 days prior to the start of your package at any park. You would have to check out and back in, and you may have to switch rooms, but they do their best to keep you in the same room. You can only get the tickets early, not the dining credits.

ETA: I had already explained it to you in a previous post. I guess you missed it. Here is what I wrote...

You would need to book a room only reservation for the 8th and 9th and then start a FD package on the 10th. You can pickup your tickets on the 8th at any guest relations window at the parks. The CM on the phone will tell you you can't get your tickets early, but they are WRONG. Cheshire Figment is a ticketing CM and has all of the info about picking up tickets early in his ticket sticky on the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum (post #15 section "I"). Just get the total number of days on your tickets that you need for your entire trip with the FD part of your stay. There is a possibility that you will have to switch rooms when you checkout/checkin on the 10th, but they will do whatever they can to let you stay in the same room.

Yipee!

Just added my free dining to my Pop reservation and upgraded to the regular dining plan. We'll be there Nov. 28- December 8th.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks so much for the heads up!:worship:

Gah. Now comes the nerve wracking time period between when you make changes and when they show up on the web site! It has updates my totals, but the package information is all wonky. Blech. I used the live chat feature and it said it can take up to 48 hours for changes to show up. :P

Not true. I just booked two standard rooms at POR with no problems.

Woo to the hoo! :cool1: Just called and got it added to my December reservation. No additional deposit was needed, although I did have to upgrade my room to a Garden View. Worth the $92.00 difference for 5 nights of Free Dining though!

Edit: Um. How long do changes usually take to show up on the web site? I just checked, and the price total has updated, but now my package says no tickets included and says nothing about dining?!??!

What a bummer! I tried to book a std room at 8:30 this morning with the fd and there was nothing available! Good for you that you got it!

I'd sure like to know why some people are getting to book the standard and others, like me, are not. :confused3 theguda... would you mind telling us your dates? I was booking for the last week of October and spoke to two different CMs with no luck! And I already had a standard room booked before calling so it wasn't that they were all booked up.

I'd sure like to know why some people are getting to book the standard and others, like me, are not. :confused3 theguda... would you mind telling us your dates? I was booking for the last week of October and spoke to two different CMs with no luck! And I already had a standard room booked before calling so it wasn't that they were all booked up.

It is highly possible that one or more of your travel dates was sold out already. You can keep calling and maybe something will open up. Especially after the release goes public and people start upgrading and switching resorts. Good luck!:goodvibes

Gah. Now comes the nerve wracking time period between when you make changes and when they show up on the web site! It has updates my totals, but the package information is all wonky. Blech. I used the live chat feature and it said it can take up to 48 hours for changes to show up. :P

Yep, I am hearing this for most people...the total is right, but the package info isn't there yet.

They don't always have rooms for each catagory available for all the dates. They like to be tricky that way. :confused3 :crazy2: Are you going to have your dates run into the 2nd of Nov....like in possible Dis meet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter