2012 Free Dining Watch and Wait HERE

I just switched from AoA LM to ASMovies with a Toy Story wing request and upgraded to the Regular Free Dining. My CM said only preferred rooms were left for my dates there so our bill went from $1411 at AoA LM to $1676 for a preferred room with Free Dining (not QSD). So, a $265 difference isn't bad considering I would have been paying an average of $930 for meals while we're there (that was our dining bill last time we went) without FD. :)

:cool1: FREE DINING DANCE :cool1:

I applied for a Disney Visa online a couple weeks ago. I got the mail today and my Visa was in it. YAY! So I just booked Free Dining for POR. I did have to upgrade from a Preferred Room to a River View. That's okay though because I was actually trying to decide between those two when I origionally booked.

I applied for a Disney Visa online a couple weeks ago. I got the mail today and my Visa was in it. YAY! So I just booked Free Dining for POR. I did have to upgrade from a Preferred Room to a River View. That's okay though because I was actually trying to decide between those two when I origionally booked.

Well, that was excellent timing!:laughing: Congrats!:goodvibes

So I'm looking at my reservation and the room change is there and the increased cost is there, but it doesn't say anything about dining. Should it? I don't want to obsess, but I want to make sure the CM got it right.

So I'm looking at my reservation and the room change is there and the increased cost is there, but it doesn't say anything about dining. Should it? I don't want to obsess, but I want to make sure the CM got it right.

Are you looking online? right now I am not seeing any correct info for onine bookings changed today except the new price. My guess is that it will be updated today or tomorrow sometime

They were telling people this morning that if you were already booked and added the free dining it could take up to 48 hours to show up on your account.

Ok, thanks. The CM seemes very competent, so I will wait another couple days and then check again. I'm so glad we got that taken care of.

Just switched :cool1::cool1: about an hour ago from POP with a room discount to POP with free QSDP, never did the qick sercvice before but with the Food and Wine Fest going on at that time that should be great with more time for the fest and less time running off to TS dinners. We will pay OOP for Le Cellier one night. Can't wait till Oct. 19-26.

Wow! You want to do a Dis Meet at 8:00 am! That's dedication right there! :rotfl: I'm up for it though! We'll iron everything out before I leave. Right now, our trip is set to start on Oct. 24th, so we have some time. :thumbsup2

You know I'll be up at 6 AM! :rotfl:

They were telling people this morning that if you were already booked and added the free dining it could take up to 48 hours to show up on your account.

I got a confirmation email this morning that says "MYW FREE DINE - VISA" on it, so that's something. The web site still has not updated.

Question for anyone else who added FD to an existing package - do you still have the option to make online payments? I just tried to make a payment and the field where you select the amount simply isn't available. Wondering if perhaps it won't be until the package updates? I can certainly call, and my balance isn't due until October anyway, but I just found it curious.

FYI.....if you modify an existing reservation to include the free dining they then ding you for the price difference in tickets that just went up.

Mad Hattered said:
FYI.....if you modify an existing reservation to include the free dining they then ding you for the price difference in tickets that just went up.

Thanks for the warning. I'm calling on Thursday for FD.

Do you know the price difference in tickets from the old to the new pricing? I originally booked with a 25% room discount and had 8 day park hopper tickets PLUS the DDP (i was paying for this). I figured by losing the room discount and adding the FD I was only saving $356 for hubby and myself. I suppose I'll be saving something but that savings is dwindling! And if I have to upgrade from my already extra "King" room I'll be saving even less :rolleyes2

Do you know the price difference in tickets from the old to the new pricing? I originally booked with a 25% room discount and had 8 day park hopper tickets PLUS the DDP (i was paying for this). I figured by losing the room discount and adding the FD I was only saving $356 for hubby and myself. I suppose I'll be saving something but that savings is dwindling! And if I have to upgrade from my already extra "King" room I'll be saving even less :rolleyes2

I know the difference for us was $27 per adult for a 10 day base ticket. So it's probably less than 50-60$ for the two of you for your 8 day trip. HTH:thumbsup2

When all else fails, I come on here for help! So I'll try to explain this situation in a simple manner. I booked my vacation package (tickets-hopper/room-standard/dining) on 4/1 for October 24th through November 2nd. Now that FD came out, i'm trying to figure out if it would be a logical move to grab the FD offer because...

- We booked with a room pin code; $70 a night Value Resort.
- Ticket prices were not increased yet.
- Staying at a Value but want to upgrade to the Regular Dining Plan.

NOW, I know we have to pay the difference in prices on those three items. I'm crunching numbers now and for some reason it keeps coming out to being cheaper NOT taking the FD offer but I think i'm doing something wrong. :confused3 Please, could someone help me?

When all else fails, I come on here for help! So I'll try to explain this situation in a simple manner. I booked my vacation package (tickets/room/dining) on 4/1 for October 24th through November 2nd. Now that FD came out, i'm trying to figure out if it would be a logical move to grab the FD offer because...

- We booked with a room pin code; $70 a night Value Resort.
- Ticket prices were not increased yet.
- Staying at a Value but want to upgrade to the Regular Dining Plan.

NOW, I know we have to pay the difference in prices on those three items. I'm crunching numbers now and for some reason it keeps coming out to being cheaper NOT taking the FD offer but I think i'm doing something wrong. :confused3 Please, could someone help me?

How many of you are there, and what kind of tickets do you have?

Booked!!!!

Staying at AKV Kidani w/ DxDDP renting DVC points for 2 night first.

7 nights at CSR
9dy base tickets
DxDDP
2 adults 2 children (age 2 and 3)
$2909

Swapped from the LM rooms since they are excluded. Upgraded to a mod - CSR - upgraded to DxDDP and still saved almost $900!!!!

I am THRILLED!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter