2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

Hi there. Lots of good news for you. Your dining plan credits are actually based on the number of nights of your stay (in your case 6 nights for 7 days). You could get a 2 day ticket and it would still be for 6 nights of dining credits.

Additionally, all credits are available to you when you check in. If you wanted to use them all in 1 day you could (but you would probably explode) ;)

I think when they say you cannot use credits for others, they mean people not on your reservation. I have never had a problem buying QS meals for myself & my husband in the same transaction. For all they know I'm really hungry and wanted to use 2 credits for myself! :rotfl2:

You do have to use all your credits by midnight the day you check out. Some additional tips:
Use the credits for your most expensive meals. It is often a better use to use the credits for QS lunch & pay out of pocket for breakfast (or use snack credits for a couple single breakfast items - like the awesome pastries at Starring Rolls in DHS.

If you find you have leftover snack credits your last day, you can purchase pre-packaged items (like candy bars, bags of candy or chips) in the parks or resort gift shops. They make great souvenir gifts too!

Lastly, don't forego the QS dessert because you are too full. Many QS places will note on your reciept that you ordered but didn't claim your dessert, so you could stop back in later in the day (or on your way out for the day) and pick it up then. Many locations also may offer a more portible option like a cookie in a sealed bag which may not be on the menu. It never hurts to ask.

Have a great trip & don't forget the antacids!

Thank you so much for all the info!

:cheer2:

Merilee

Is there another thread that discusses the dining plan & food & wine fest?

Yes, there is at least one on the board right now. it is headed "food and wine festival question"

Basically, for the past few years you can use snack credits for food and non-alcoholic beverages at the kiosks. You can't use any other type of credit for any other event at the festival.

Your resort only.

I'm having a problem seeing the fascination in these refillable mugs. I've never had them but if they're only good at your resort and most people are in a park most of the day, why are they so popular? If I can only use it at the resort and I'd been in the park all day, I'd have to go back to the room to get the mug then find someplace to get it refilled. Sounds like a bother to me. Maybe if we had kids with us, we'd get more use out of it. Am I missing something with the mugs???

If I had one, I drink loads of Diet Coke, and no you can't get it in the parks, but you can fill up in the morning or evening (yes I drink Diet Coke in the morning). They're really only worth it if you are going to use them. But they are included with all the dining plans at any rate.

As for a better deal with kids, a lot of parents differ with that idea, because their kids only drink milk or juice and neither is available for the mugs.

If I had one, I drink loads of Diet Coke, and no you can't get it in the parks, but you can fill up in the morning or evening (yes I drink Diet Coke in the morning). They're really only worth it if you are going to use them. But they are included with all the dining plans at any rate.

As for a better deal with kids, a lot of parents differ with that idea, because their kids only drink milk or juice and neither is available for the mugs.

Good idea. I've never even seen one so not sure if it was worth lugging around all day. Are there many refill stations? We're staying at BWI so I'm sure we'll be using the bus pretty often. Refills might come in handy on the long rides to AK,MK & DTD. Thanks again.

The problem with Boardwalk is that they have no self- serve refill stations. You'd need to go to the Bakery and they will give you a cup of beverage - they don't actually take the mug behind the counter. You can't take the paper cup on the bus, but you can take the mug with its lid on, so pour the drink into the mug before you get on the bus. The pool bar apparently will refill them too, same way.

On our previous trip we noticed people would get a bottled drink at the resort restaurants with their meal and then fill up their mugs also...saving the bottled drink to take in the park!
Just another tip! :thumbsup2
We are thinking about seeing if they have milk you can get with a meal and save it for cereal in the room for breakfast??

I don't know if this has been asked already, but what does a sit down meal include? I know lunch is like the "meal", a drink, and dessert. Does dinner include appatizer, meal, drink, and dessert?

I don't know if this has been asked already, but what does a sit down meal include? I know lunch is like the "meal", a drink, and dessert. Does dinner include appatizer, meal, drink, and dessert?

Generally a regular plan (not deluxe plan) table service credit does not include an appetizer. It includes an entree (meal), beverage (non-alcoholic) and dessert.

But, a good way to maximize your table service credit is to seek out places that have "chef's choice" selections for one table service credit and include an appetizer. These choices will allow you to choose from specific appetizer, entree, and dessert selections. Two examples I can cite are Kona Cafe at the Poly and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club, but there are other examples.

The other thing you can do to maximize your drink selection is to see if any of the fancier drinks can be obtained. Again an example at Kona Cafe, they have a smoothie drink that (at least in the past) could be used as your drink. Or, remember that you can get milk as your drink if you like that. Some places will allow you to get a soda for your drink but will also offer to bring you coffee with dessert, and not charge you extra for another drink -- two examples I have are Hollywood and Vine at DHS and Crystal Palace at MK.

depends on which dining plan you are on - not on the time of day you eat.

For age 10 and older,

Regular plan, a TS meal is one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage.
Deluxe plan, a TS meal is one appetizer, one entree, one dessert, and one non-alcoholic beverage.

For ages 3-9 they can get appetizers on either plan at lunch or dinner but they must order from the chldren's menu. They don't get adult appetizers.

Breakfast does not include dessert or appetizers.

There is currently a list on a thread on the Dining Plan board of ways to get an appetizer on the regular plan. (Note: Trading a dessert for an appetizer is never allowed.)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2893652

New member here and have a trip planned for the end of May. Was looking into the DDP and was not able to get a conclusive answer to a few of my questions I had for the CR.

1. I saw the breakdown of pricing per day for 10+ and 3-9 and was wondering if that was the limit per day you had to spend or is everything on the menu available to those with DDP's? So basically can I order the most expensive thing on the menu at every TS restaurant I go to?

2. When using a QS meal option, does this include your entree and a drink or will I have to pay for the drink separate?

I have basically set up my itinerary with each restaurant/QS location for each day and when I looked at each menu and averaged out what I would spend OOP, it was either just under the avg for the DDP or about even but I was also looking at some of the lower priced items. All in all is the DDP a good deal or would I be better off not getting one and spending OOP for everything? Thanks for any help.

New member here and have a trip planned for the end of May. Was looking into the DDP and was not able to get a conclusive answer to a few of my questions I had for the CR.

1. I saw the breakdown of pricing per day for 10+ and 3-9 and was wondering if that was the limit per day you had to spend or is everything on the menu available to those with DDP's? So basically can I order the most expensive thing on the menu at every TS restaurant I go to?

2. When using a QS meal option, does this include your entree and a drink or will I have to pay for the drink separate?

I have basically set up my itinerary with each restaurant/QS location for each day and when I looked at each menu and averaged out what I would spend OOP, it was either just under the avg for the DDP or about even but I was also looking at some of the lower priced items. All in all is the DDP a good deal or would I be better off not getting one and spending OOP for everything? Thanks for any help.

1. The dining plan gives you meal credits not spending credits, so yes, looking to get the most expensive item / using credits for expensive character dining buffets is a great way to maximize your use of the dining plan credits. Note that the pricing for children is less because they are also required to order off the kids menus at table service and quick service. (Of course with a buffet they can eat whatever they want, although there's always kid-friendly items available too.)

2. Adult quick service meal credits include a entree, drink, and dessert. Kids quick service meal credits are good for "Kids Picks" meals that are all-inclusive (entree, drink, fruit, etc. depending on the location).

On whether purchasing the dining plan is a good deal...I cannot answer; I've always had the plan with a free dining package.

I am in the same exact boat. I was looking at the deluxe dining for our trip at the end of May. Originally I just booked the room at 315$ for 3 nights - pop century. We planned to buy tickets from undercover tourist. I have a LOT of character adr's because that is what my child loves to do, but so far I have not seen where we are going to be saving based on my rough estimate. I am going to have to break it down and look closer. Most of our ADRs are character dining, that is why I was looking at the deluxe. I would love to hear from others who have actually done this (broken down the prices)?

We are going to WDW in early June and will be on the DlxDDP. My DH asked me a question about one of our ADRs that I don't know the answer to and I can't find it anywhere. We have a dinner ADR for Fulton's Crab House. I know it's on the DDP, but he wanted to know if the menu was restricted anyway by us using the DDP. Thank you for any help on this. I don't want to give him the wrong answer, and I don't want to assume there is not a restricted menu for people on the DDP and have an upset DH.

We are going to WDW in early June and will be on the DlxDDP. My DH asked me a question about one of our ADRs that I don't know the answer to and I can't find it anywhere. We have a dinner ADR for Fulton's Crab House. I know it's on the DDP, but he wanted to know if the menu was restricted anyway by us using the DDP. Thank you for any help on this. I don't want to give him the wrong answer, and I don't want to assume there is not a restricted menu for people on the DDP and have an upset DH.

I have not seen reports from anyone who has actually been there. We had one post from someone who called Disney which said you can order anything except the lobster. We also had a post from someone who called Fulton's directly and was told no restrictions at all.

I have not seen reports from anyone who has actually been there. We had one post from someone who called Disney which said you can order anything except the lobster. We also had a post from someone who called Fulton's directly and was told no restrictions at all.

Thank you!! I don't know why I didn't think of calling them. I just got off the phone with a wonderful young woman named Jasmin. She said that the only restrictions were based on which DDP we were on. If we had the basic DDP, each person would get an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. If we were on the DlxDDP, we would get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. Hopefully, the CMs working at the restaurant have more knowledge about what is or isn't allowed on the DDP than the CMs at the Disney line. I just don't trust the CMs at the Disney line to have the correct information, which is a sad thing.

Since they're not a Disney restaurant, their employees aren't technically Disney CMs. Might also mean they could have more accurate information than the Disney Dining Line would.

She said that the only restrictions were based on which DDP we were on. If we had the basic DDP, each person would get an entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. If we were on the DlxDDP, we would get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. Hopefully, the CMs working at the restaurant have more knowledge about what is or isn't allowed on the DDP than the CMs at the Disney line. I just don't trust the CMs at the Disney line to have the correct information, which is a sad thing.

What you learned from Jasmin are the standard differences between the plans regarding what is allowed with a table service credit. So it sounds like Fulton's is handling things like Disney-operated restaurants, which is good.

Since they're not a Disney restaurant, their employees aren't technically Disney CMs. Might also mean they could have more accurate information than the Disney Dining Line would.
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that some restaurants aren't Disney owned.

What you learned from Jasmin are the standard differences between the plans regarding what is allowed with a table service credit. So it sounds like Fulton's is handling things like Disney-operated restaurants, which is good.

When she started telling me that, I already knew it, but I didn't want to seem rude. She also told me to make sure I remembered that eating there would cost each person 2 credits, but again I knew that as well. I agree, it is a good thing if they don't have restrictions on the menu for people using the DDP. My DH was going to make me cancel it and make another one if they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter