2012 Dining Plan Prices and Brochure (BROCHURE REVISED 4/25/12)

I am considering upgrading to the Deluxe plan as we have many Signature meals booked this trip for my adult family. We like to experience different restaurants at WDW, and in the heat of August, sitting down in AC is a must for us to "recharge". The meal credits on the Deluxe plan don't differentiate between TS and QS like on the regular plan. Am I to assume that I receive 3 TS meals per night with the Deluxe plan to use as I choose?

4 adults X 4 nights = 48 TS credits?

AND these meals receive an appetizer, correct? I know there was some confusion regarding the new brochures, and since I am just investigating, want to make sure this is accurate.

Thanks for your help!!:)

you are correct

Yes, you can use your credits anytime up to midnight AFTER you have checked out.

Hi TDC Nala, quick question for you if you can answer it for me please. We have the free reg. dining plan, checking in saturday 8/25 and checking out saturday 9/1. Do we have 24 credits per person(1 QS, 1 TS and 1 snack) or 21 per person for the entire trip? This always confuses me. We are 4 adults and staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins. Thanks! Connie

Hi TDC Nala, quick question for you if you can answer it for me please. We have the free reg. dining plan, checking in saturday 8/25 and checking out saturday 9/1. Do we have 24 credits per person(1 QS, 1 TS and 1 snack) or 21 per person for the entire trip? This always confuses me. We are 4 adults and staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins. Thanks! Connie

Not TDC Nala...but the credits are calculated per night and you appear to have a seven night stay, so you have 21 credits (TS, QS, snack) per person. (Plus each person gets 1 refillable mug.)

Not TDC Nala...but the credits are calculated per night and you appear to have a seven night stay, so you have 21 credits (TS, QS, snack) per person. (Plus each person gets 1 refillable mug.)

jcarwash, thank you sooo much for the info.! ;)

Question here. I hope I don't sound too silly asking it...

My family wants to eat at Tutto Italia on this trip and I noticed that the appetizer my DH is drooling over says that it serves 2. Does this mean that it will count as 2 adult apppetizers for the sake of the DDP or will this just count for his appetizer?? I'm a little lost there. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Thanks for the list! I have a question about the refillable drink mugs, what are the drink options with the mugs?

Thanks for the list! I have a question about the refillable drink mugs, what are the drink options with the mugs?

Some of the fine details depends on your resort, but it's typically "coffee", fountain drinks (coke products), filtered water (via the fountain), and iced tea. (Not sure if Milk and/or Juices are available too, though that will likely also depend on resort).

It's basically the stuff that's found on a resort's food court beverage bar. (Excluding pre-packaged stuff of course).

("Coffee" is in quotes, as many don't really consider it to be true coffee. I don't partake either way, so I have no opinion. Just don't say I didn't warn you :p)

:love:Thanks Cafeen. I think we will buy juice for the room since it depends on the resport.

Anyone staying at AKL-Kidanni know if they have juice as part of the quick serve?

OH and I TOTALLY AGREE on the coffee. Being from the DD headquarters, we are quite picky and that is SLUDGE!!!!!!
:rotfl2::scared1:

Hi all,

We got in on the free dining for our trip next week and are thinking about bumping up to deluxe dining for the first time. I do know that lead time is needed for Disney to be able to add on the dining plan to a reservation and assume it would be the same to change to deluxe. Does anyone know how many days in advance of check in you can make changes to the dining plan?
I'm thinking 5 days but am not sure.

Thanks!
Lisa

Hi all,

We got in on the free dining for our trip next week and are thinking about bumping up to deluxe dining for the first time. I do know that lead time is needed for Disney to be able to add on the dining plan to a reservation and assume it would be the same to change to deluxe. Does anyone know how many days in advance of check in you can make changes to the dining plan?
I'm thinking 5 days but am not sure.

Thanks!
Lisa

Three days in advance. Since you are within two weeks of arrival you may be required to pay a change fee, even though you are increasing the cost of your package.

Kids over 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They pay adult and can Order as an adult right?

Yes.

As for the mug, it really doesn't depend on which resort. No milk, no juice. Some of the resorts offered apple juce for awhile but they no longer do.

My family wants to eat at Tutto Italia on this trip and I noticed that the appetizer my DH is drooling over says that it serves 2. Does this mean that it will count as 2 adult apppetizers for the sake of the DDP or will this just count for his appetizer?? I'm a little lost there. Thanks in advance for the replies.

That depends on how strictly the restaurant wants to interpret the dining plan. The company that runs Tutto is relatively strict, so you should expect that they would require two adults to order it.

Can you get the dining plan even if you are just an annual pass holder? Do you have to be staying on property?

I am visiting in November staying on rented DVC points. From what I have found, the DVC member can book a dining plan for our party. Is this correct? Also, it appears that DVC members do not have to purchase tickets through Disney in order to purchase the dining plan, is that right?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for me!

I am visiting in November staying on rented DVC points. From what I have found, the DVC member can book a dining plan for our party. Is this correct? Also, it appears that DVC members do not have to purchase tickets through Disney in order to purchase the dining plan, is that right?

Nevermind, I found the information on dvcrentals.com

Yes, the person you are renting from can add the dining plan. It must be paid for at the time it is added on.

You can buy tickets from Disney or an authorized seller. I have found that Undercover Tourist has the best discount for tickets. If you are comparing, remember UT list price includes tax and has free shipping. If you sign up for the MouseSavers newsletter, in the newsletter is a link for a little more of a discount at UT. Just a cople dollars, but every bit helps!

Am I right in thinking, 2013 plan details will be coming out soon? I would think prior to them starting to book 2013 packages, right? I don't mean which restaurants are taking it. I know those details don't come out until the end of the year. I am talking about details like how much will the price increase and what will they be removing from the plan? Notice how I don't say what will they be adding? I know each year it gets skimpier. Although last year, they did add the refillable mug to the regular plan, additions are not the usual.

Do they still allow you to use your snack credits at the Food and Wine booths? (I know before as long as something was under a certain price it could be considered a snack.) Thanks

Do they still allow you to use your snack credits at the Food and Wine booths? (I know before as long as something was under a certain price it could be considered a snack.) Thanks

Yes, you can use snack credits at F&W, a really good use as some of the items allowed are more expensive than usual items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter