**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

Well I have had mixed results...one year folks were downright "rude" about "this is OUR high top and you may not stand here" The next year there was no problem. So I am not sure what I will do. :confused3 I don't want to deal with the "rude" again.

(THat was a strange event, lots of locals and several other people commented that the overall feeling was "rude", even the CMs noticed the attitude that was going on!)

Plus I really like wine so having 'upgraded' wines might we worth it. I used to spend $60 or $70 on seminars to learn about them at F&W....

We did the WVL the 1st year twice, thinking that it was "wine View" so "better wines"! This was not so - you just got a seat, a gift bag, a private and different cheese selection and an open bar. The wine selection was still out on the main floor. The only upgrade ONE night on wine was Pommery champagne. I don't know if the wine situation changed last year because we didn't do it but if you are looking for "upgraded" wines you may want to ask before you spend the extra$$$$$!

We really NEED the guaranteed seats, normally I use a scooter to get around the parks, but I could do without it for the evening at an event like this if I knew I would have a place to sit for most of the night. My partner needs the scooter period, can't get around without it. At the event in CA we built these little tray tables that we attached to the fronts of our scooters so we always had a table, but they are a little too bulky to fit in the suitcases (we're local to the CA festival) so we need the Sweet Seats. Hopefully next time they will have a PFTS the week we attend.

On the nights when Epcot closes at 10, Illuminations will be at 10. So those attending the PFTS don't have to worry about missing it.

We've done PFTS with and without the WVL. I have to say it's nice to have, but you don't have to have it. We've never had a problem getting a table in the main room. BUT, it's really nice to have the wait staff, especially to refill those glasses of water that can be hard to find in the main room. Getting in early is also a nice perk so you can scope things out. We're not doing PFTS at all this year since the two weekends we wanted to go Disney decided to axe it.... plus I'll be 33-36 weeks pregnant by then. And while I can eat a lot, the lack of alcohol consumption makes me question whether or not it's worth it!

We've done PFTS with and without the WVL. I have to say it's nice to have, but you don't have to have it. We've never had a problem getting a table in the main room. BUT, it's really nice to have the wait staff, especially to refill those glasses of water that can be hard to find in the main room. Getting in early is also a nice perk so you can scope things out. We're not doing PFTS at all this year since the two weekends we wanted to go Disney decided to axe it.... plus I'll be 33-36 weeks pregnant by then. And while I can eat a lot, the lack of alcohol consumption makes me question whether or not it's worth it!

Congrats! I agree that if you are not doing the wine this one is "iffy"

Still trying to decide, but I may just splurge and go for the Wine View. As a solo you can't just wander off and come back to a table, they are often "gone" My only 'local' Orlando friend won't do this because she really only drinks "spirits" (No wine or beer) and it's kind of limited!

Plus since this will be ALL I am doing I will still be spending less money then in years past :)

If your friend only does mixed drinks, then think about the WVL, it has a full bar (at least it did the last two years). My mom's boyfriend had every tequila concoction you can think of. And it's an open bar.

On the nights when Epcot closes at 10, Illuminations will be at 10. So those attending the PFTS don't have to worry about missing it.

This must be the reason for the time change on PFTS, eh? It's all coming together... :laughing:

Has anyone been to a Sweet Sunday event and if so can you tell me about it? Was it worth it?

This is our check out day so I thought we would have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and make a last round up at the food booths but the idea of this breakfast is pretty intriguing

Has anyone been to a Sweet Sunday event and if so can you tell me about it? Was it worth it?

This is our check out day so I thought we would have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and make a last round up at the food booths but the idea of this breakfast is pretty intriguing

I would like to know this as well :thumbsup2

I'm curious about the Sweet Sundays as well. Chef Falkner will be there on 10/16 which is a Sunday I'm down there. I'm pretty geeked to get the chance to watch her do some demonstrations, but for $90 I'm hoping there may be some decent food with the buffet as well?

Hey Nicki!!

We have done the Sweet Sunday before and we LOVED it! In fact, we are doing the Sweet Sunday with Buddy Valastro (AKA Cake Boss!) on our checkout day (Oct 9th)!

The breakfast/brunch buffet featured items like quiche or frittata, breakfast potatoes, bacon & sausage, biscuits and pastries, assorted fruit etc.

At each place setting was a notebook, a pencil, a packet of information and recipes from the guest pastry chef/baker, and a small gift from the sponsor Martini & Rossi.

With brunch we were served a glass of Prosecco (and offered a refill! :thumbsup2). Then we were presented with a plated dessert. Our offering was:
- Chocolate Cloud Cookies (I still make these every Christmas)
- A S'mores Tartlet
- Banana Ice Cream (made with no dairy)
- Homemade Marshmallow & Raspberry Puree

With dessert we were served Asti, and again, offered a refill ;)

Each dessert item is demonstrated and the bakers asked for assistance from guests in the seminar. They also answered questions throughout.

At the end of the day, you get breakfast/brunch, 2 to 4 glasses of sparkling wine, 3 desserts, recipes and demos from a pastry chef/baker, a notebook & a parting gift.

It was totally worth it! :goodvibes

The Sweet Sunday buffet is decent and included sparkling wine but it wasn't really anything special. I stopped doing Sweet Sundays a few years ago but I am not the biggest fan of having lots of dessert. The first one I ever went to stood out because they poured all the ice wine you could drink, with the cost of ice wine the money was made back on that one really quickly, but they don't do things like that anymore. After the Sweet Sunday with the stunt cookie (they ran out of the chef's cookies, so some of the guests got regular Disney-originated macadamia nut cookies with a glob of icing on them) I quit even thinking about doing them.

I'm over Sweet Sundays. I've done 3 (maybe 4?) of them and the only one I thought was worth it was the Keegan one. Its over priced for what it is compared to what it used to be. Then again, thats normal for Disney.

I'm over Sweet Sundays. I've done 3 (maybe 4?) of them and the only one I thought was worth it was the Keegan one. Its over priced for what it is compared to what it used to be. Then again, thats normal for Disney.

Well I have actually seen one that improved. Did a wine/cheese tasting the first year they offered it I was very disappointed. The "wine" portion was the cheese vendor rep reading the lable. They were really clueless on pairings. Did it a year or two later and it was great. Real info, good cheese, good wine, good presenters. Of course, I think Disney dumped this, but....

I have to agree. I did one with Keegan and at the time it was $45. Granted it was in CA but posters here have confirmed that it is basically the same event. Way too overpriced for what I would like to get, but I'm not so big on desserts. Especially when there isn't all the liquor you can drink!

I agree. Once they moved this event to Palmhenge & continued to raise the price we stopped going to it. We weren't overly thrilled with the presenter the first time we attended but we did return several times to see other presenters and enjoyed them a lot. I don't think the buffet is as good as it was when they held this event in the Odyssey building. I think the Palmhenge set up is awful for the prices they charge for the events they are holding there. I'd rather spend my $ on the French Regional Lunches & the events in Italy.

Hello everyone!

This is our first F&W! We were at wdw 8 years ago in october for our honeymoon and had no idea it was going on! We have taken a trip a year but never in October until this year!!

We have a few questions that maybe the pros could help us with:

1) What would be your suggested event? (Large portions of food, wine, and beer) we want it to be worth our while! :)

2) do the kiosks have small portions of drinks so you can try a lot?

Hello everyone!

This is our first F&W! We were at wdw 8 years ago in october for our honeymoon and had no idea it was going on! We have taken a trip a year but never in October until this year!!

We have a few questions that maybe the pros could help us with:

1) What would be your suggested event? (Large portions of food, wine, and beer) we want it to be worth our while! :)

2) do the kiosks have small of drinks so you can try a lot?

My events I would suggest to first timers would be the Party of the Senses or the Dessert Discovery Party.

2) The drinks from the kiosks are rather small for the wine that you can reasonable try a bunch. Beer is normal size as are the cocktails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter