• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

We are also totally amped up to check out our first F&W. It is my understanding that, in the past, booths have been open durring PMEMH? Is that true? When do they usually start releasing dates and times for some of the different experiences? Also, is the Disney Dessert Discovery similar to Wishes?

TIA! :goodvibes

the past, booths have been open durring PMEMH? Is that true?

No, it's not true, at least not in recent years. The booths close at regular park closing time.

Also, is the Disney Dessert Discovery similar to Wishes?

Not at all. The Wishes Dessert party is held in one area, and you eat and watch the fireworks in the same area. 3D Dessert Discovery was held in the World Showplace. You then left the showplace and walked to the set-aside area for Illuminations viewing. I don't know where it is because I just ate and didn't go to Illuminations but there are other reports that the area is on the Future World-side plaza between the two stores. The other main differences would be that: the desserts are prepared for you at 3D, whereas at the Wishes party they are prepared elsewhere and brought in. And booze is included, whereas there is none at MK.

When do they usually start releasing dates and times for some of the different experiences?

Probably late June - early July.

No, it's not true, at least not in recent years. The booths close at regular park closing time.

That's a bummer. I read it from a post from a few years ago. Glad I didn't get my hopes too high. :goodvibes

Not at all. The Wishes Dessert party is held in one area, and you eat and watch the fireworks in the same area. 3D Dessert Discovery was held in the World Showplace. You then left the showplace and walked to the set-aside area for Illuminations viewing. I don't know where it is because I just ate and didn't go to Illuminations but there are other reports that the area is on the Future World-side plaza between the two stores. The other main differences would be that: the desserts are prepared for you at 3D, whereas at the Wishes party they are prepared elsewhere and brought in. And booze is included, whereas there is none at MK.

If they have this again, from your past experience, is it worth it? :confused3

Probably late June - early July.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. :thumbsup2

3D dessert discovery was fun, and OK to try once, but I won't be doing it again. I am not that big a fan of dessert. I will stick to the Party for the Senses, it is the same thing. Costs more, but they don't just offer desserts. I have never done the Wishes dessert party.

My family and I are going to Disney Oct. 30th to Nov 5th. We are planning on going to Epcot the whole day on friday Nov 4th. We have lunch planned at Coral Reef resturant and then dinner at the Akershus Royal Hall for the Princess dining. Then we planned on seeing the 9pm light show in Epcot - will we be hitting Epcot at a really bad time on a friday night because of the Food & Wine festival??

Is the eat to the beat calendar in post 1 for 2010 or 2011? Also, does anyone have an idea what times the concerts run? TIA:goodvibes:wizard:

It will be very crowded on Friday and Saturday night when the locals visit Epcot. Since you'll be there for a few days I would suggest re-doing your schedule so to avoid Epcot on those nights.

If you can't reschedule your princess dinner perhaps consider going to Illuminations on a different night - it will be very crowded on Friday.

Is the eat to the beat calendar in post 1 for 2010 or 2011? Also, does anyone have an idea what times the concerts run? TIA:goodvibes:wizard:

It is the UNOFFICIAL schedule for 2011. Disney has not officially announced the lineups or times.

I agree, avoid Friday nights for Illuminations if you can. Friday nights and Saturdays are generally the most crowded times in World Showcase during the festival (because that is when the locals come in) and we do sometimes see complaints of parents with young children that there are too many people drinking for their taste. Good weather especially will draw more guests.

Those who use the touring plans they can subscribe to are often choosing Fridays or Saturdays as their Epcot day because of crowd forecasts, but the touring plans are generally based on wait times for attractions and don't take the Festival into consideration. The crowds that come to the festival are not there for the attractions.

I'm planning to go Sept 30 Friday which is F&W's first and our last day at WDW. Our plane departs around 7:30 so I figure I have until 3pm at EPCOT. Should I make lunch ADR or would I be ok with just tasting at different booths? I plan to save as much snack credit as possible to eat around different booths but just wondering if that should be enough instead of a good meal....

I'm planning to go Sept 30 Friday which is F&W's first and our last day at WDW. Our plane departs around 7:30 so I figure I have until 3pm at EPCOT. Should I make lunch ADR or would I be ok with just tasting at different booths? I plan to save as much snack credit as possible to eat around different booths but just wondering if that should be enough instead of a good meal....

I think you'd be fine just eating around the world. We plan to eat a light breakfast each day and then just go eat! (We do have the plan that if we get hungry around dinner time we will just go to Sunshine Seasons).

Sorry for asking probably a dumb question, but is F&W ever day of the week? For some reason I had it in my head that it was only on weekends. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for asking probably a dumb question, but is F&W ever day of the week? For some reason I had it in my head that it was only on weekends. Thanks in advance.

Yes F&W is everyday as are the "eat to the beat" concerts. Weekends at F&W tend to be busier due to influx of locals

It is every day of the week! :banana: Have fun!

I am SO glad I saw this thread! I was able to switch all my reserved meals in Epcot on Friday to the same times on Thursday and get my meals from Thursday switched to Friday!! :thumbsup2 With 3 kids under the age of 10, I really did not want to battle a large crowd on our last night at Disney.....I'm sure as it is, they will be tired by the end of our week there. So it worked out great! Thanks for the heads up!

Yes F&W is everyday as are the "eat to the beat" concerts. Weekends at F&W tend to be busier due to influx of locals

It is every day of the week! :banana: Have fun!

Awesome! The 2 days I have set aside for Epcot are both weekdays! Hmmm, now i have to consider if I want to cancel the ADR I have for the second day and just do F&W. But it is for Cape May, and I do love me some seafood. Decisions, decisions lol! I can't wait!!!

I think you'd be fine just eating around the world. We plan to eat a light breakfast each day and then just go eat! (We do have the plan that if we get hungry around dinner time we will just go to Sunshine Seasons).

Thanks! I have LeCellier lunch for Fri Sept 30. I thought that's a good way to end our vacation. But now I have decisions to make.... :rotfl:

I am SO glad I saw this thread! I was able to switch all my reserved meals in Epcot on Friday to the same times on Thursday and get my meals from Thursday switched to Friday!! :thumbsup2 With 3 kids under the age of 10, I really did not want to battle a large crowd on our last night at Disney.....I'm sure as it is, they will be tired by the end of our week there. So it worked out great! Thanks for the heads up!

Out of curiosity, how much snacking do you plan on doing durring the F&W? I only ask this because having lunch at CR and then dinner at Akershus is not going to leave you a whole lot of room for tasting. If you plan on doing a lot of sampling, you may want to consider dropping one of those ADR's.

Just a little bit of constructive criticism. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter