2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

Is there a way to verify the dining plan is on your reservation? I was charged for it but nothing shows online like i have the dining plan

Ask for a printed resveration and on there will tell you about dining, at least that is how mine was this pass February.:goodvibes

I just had a crazy (but nice) CM who quoted me the $52 dollar price as well. She also said there was no way they could break down the price on my package.

The same thing happened to me last night. I called to get some restaurant prices and asked how much the DDP would be for Nov. I was told $52 for adults and $16 for kids two times by two different CMs. I currently have a package booked for Nov. and we have the DDP and I want to compare the DDP to paying oop for our meals. With those prices, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

So I got online and looked up booking a package without the DDP and then added the DDP to see the price difference. It was NOT what I was quoted, but rather the $45.99 for adult and $11.99 for children that was the price I thought it would be. So I'm glad, but still curious why the CMs keep giving a higher price. Maybe the cost is going to go up sometime?

Hi everyone. This is my first time using the DDP, so I hope you can answer my question. I noticed that Fulton's Crab House is classified as a Signature Dining restaurant. Can I use 2 TS credits for a meal there? Thanks for the help. :worship:

We are just now planning a Disney Vacation in July (next month). The dining plan wouldn't be included, since July is peak season, and we're booking so late. I am debating both whether to buy the meal plan, and whether to get a conciege room, possibly in the Grand Foridian. Since conciege rooms include continental breakfast and snacks, we probably wouldn't do both.

We envision a vacation where we go to the parks in the morning and evening, and sit out the afternoon by the pool. So snacks and drinks at the hotel may be more useful than counter service. And I'm not really sure that the discount on dinners is really worth the constraints of the system, especially since a lot of restaurants are probably fully booked this close to the time.

What do you think?

This may be a dumb question but are taxes included in the dining plan, or is it something added like the gratuity.:confused3
Thank you

The Le Cellier change IS on the brochure. No other restaurants have announced a 2 credit switch. But then Le Cellier is a Disney-operated restaurant. We won't know about the non-Disney ones until the contracts are signed.

Thats ok because every time I tried to make a dinner ressie, it was always booked. Can't miss what I never tried.

Looks like we are going to finally give the dining plan a try this December. But I'm pretty nervous about it.................not sure why??

I am able to make my 180 day reservations tomorrow, what time is the earliest that can be done?

I hope that I'm not overthinking this "DP", and that it will be easy to use onece we are there.

Oh yea, one question that may seem REALLY dumb.................I know with the TS meals you get a drink, meal and dessert, but what if we want to order an appetizer to share? Do they charge this on a different ticket?

Thanks for helping a very stressed "new DP planner".

Oh yea, one question that may seem REALLY dumb.................I know with the TS meals you get a drink, meal and dessert, but what if we want to order an appetizer to share? Do they charge this on a different ticket?

Don't be stressed. If you can figure out the Disney transportation system, then you can figure out the DP! ;)
You'll get a bill for anything that you order extra - apps, alcohol, ect. That bill will be for the extra item and tax on that item. You can pay it (and tip on it) as you would any dining bill, by using cash, credit, charging it to the romm, Disney Rewards Card,...whatever. So you could pay for the meal with your DP credits, tip, and charge an app to your room, all with the same room key.

The Le Cellier change IS on the brochure. No other restaurants have announced a 2 credit switch. But then Le Cellier is a Disney-operated restaurant. We won't know about the non-Disney ones until the contracts are signed. I think guests planning for 2011 are okay using the 2010 list for planning. Barring a trip in the beginning of January, one should have no problems changing plans if a third party restaurant here and there does not renew as expected.

Does anyone know the 2012 prices for the Dining plan?

• QSDP: Adult: $34.99, Child: $11.99 (loses a snack compared to 2011)
  • DDP: Adult: $51.54, Child: $15.02. Holiday adds $2/$1 to prices. (Gains a mug compared to 2011)
  • DxDDP: Adult: $85.52, Child: $23.79. Holiday adds $4/$2 to prices (Gains holiday upcharge, no change in entitlements.)

I'm sure this answer is somewhere, but I did a search and couldn't find it.

The last time I was on the dining plan was in 2003 and I know there have been some changes. My co-worker was telling me that for ts we now have to pay for the tax and tip, no biggie. What about for quick service meals? Am I still responsible for the tax on those also?

You don't pay the tax. It's included in the dining plan price. Tips are not included. And the basic plan (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per night) no longer includes appetizers for guests age 10-up.

You don't pay the tax. It's included in the dining plan price. Tips are not included. And the basic plan (1 TS, 1 CS, 1 snack per night) no longer includes appetizers for guests age 10-up.

Just to clarify, I won't pay the tax on the ts meals either?

Could you please explain how the dining plan would work if you have a 1 or 2 year old with you? Mainly the table service resturants and buffets is what I am wondering about? They are allowed to eat off my plate right? I only worry because it said not to use it for anyone not on the dining plan but I thought babies with the group were the exception, was I right in my thinking? Sorry we have never took a little one before and I just wanted to make sure I was following the rules.

Is there an updated list of restaurants - are there any that were not on the brochure that DO accept DDP?

Is there an updated list of restaurants - are there any that were not on the brochure that DO accept DDP?

The brochure linked in the first post is the correct and final restaurant list for 2011. Was there a restaurant you expected to see included that isn't?

Question regarding meal plans. Can you only buy dining plan if you are purchasing a disney package also. Or are there other ways to be on one of the plans. Thanks everyone. Oh one more thing. We are going to Boardwalk Inn for a conference in October for a week,so we technically have reserved our accomodations but i have heard that doesn't count. HELP PLEASE !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts