2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
Here is the link to the 2011 WDW Dining Plan brochure and restaurant list dated 12/10/10.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Dining.pdf

This is for the regular dining plan. The same restaurants will accept the Quick Service Plan (quick service restaurants only) and the Deluxe Dining Plan (all restaurants)

Note changes: Le Cellier is now a 2 credit restaurant for dinner only. Lunch will continue to cost 1 credit per person.

The other apparent difference in the 2011 brochure is the removal of the "juice" entitlement for breakfast. It appears guests redeeming dining credits for breakfast will no longer be entitled to a second beverage in lieu of dessert. It is reported this has been in practice for 2011.

Dining plan prices for 2011 (the FAQ thread is gone):

Prices are per person, per night (except for the Wine & Dine add on)
Adult prices - age 10 and over (no exceptions)
Child prices - ages 3-9
Children under 3 are not eligible for the dining plan.

Quick Service Dining Plan
* Adults $34.99
* Children $11.99

Basic Dining Plan
* Adults $45.99 (regular season), $47.99 (peak season*)
* Children $11.99 (regular season), $12.99 (peak season*)
*Peak Seasons: 2/17/11 - 2/26/11, 3/11/11 - 4/30/11, 6/3/11 - 8/13/11, 12/23/11 - 12/31/11

Deluxe Dining Plan
* Adults $78.99
* Children $21.99

Premium Package
* Adults $169.00
* Children $119.00

Platinum Package
* Adults $229.00
* Children $160.00

Wine and Dine Add-On (not valid with quick service plan and with certain discount packages)
* $39.99 per night (cost is per reservation, not per person)

Note that there have been reports of persons being quoted HIGHER prices, especially for the basic and quick service plans.

Le Cellier is upgrading to signature status for dinner (as of 3/11). It's certainly possible other WS restaurants might do the same.

The Le Cellier change IS on the brochure. No other restaurants have announced a 2 credit switch. But then Le Cellier is a Disney-operated restaurant. We won't know about the non-Disney ones until the contracts are signed.

That's my point. The non-Disney WS restaurants aren't listed as participating. The fact that in past years those restaurants showed up later may not be relevant. The fact that Le Cellier is changing suggests the possibility that at least some of the other WS will show up as a 2 credit meal.

This thread suggests people shouldn't panic. Every year those restaurants show up. This year might be different.

I think guests planning for 2011 are okay using the 2010 list for planning. Barring a trip in the beginning of January, one should have no problems changing plans if a third party restaurant here and there does not renew as expected. I don't see what good it does to encourage panic. It would be different if all of them decided to drop out or demand 2 credits, but that is extremely unlikely.

Plus, there are genuinely no other TS restaurants in WS that are inflicted with the same overwhelming demand as Le Cellier, and the switch to 2 credits for dinner is no doubt a reaction to that popularity.

I agree with Nala here -- the historical track record is pretty solid in terms of renewal. As for changes similar to Le Cellier's recent change, that was preceded by months of rumors, and even then, the official announcement (such as it was) was over 6 months out from the effective date, so as to not mess with people's ADRs.

For planning purposes, it seems safe to assume that the 2011 participation will be the same as 2010, unless already noted otherwise. Yes, of course everything is subject to change, and one or more restaurants could in theory not renew, but such changes are unlikely, at least not without advance notice, even if only from the rumor mill.

well that answered the question that immediately popped into my head when I looked at the 2011 Dining Plan yesterday...where would we all be without this forum? :-)

When the current DDP was introduced Le Cellier was going to be a two credit meal and the other WS restaurants weren't participating. Before the plan actually started Le Cellier changed to one credit and the other WS restaurants decided to participate as a one credit restaurants.

This will be my last post in this thread.

You could make the point every year the other WS restaurants were added after the initial brochure was released. You could also make the point the other WS restaurants decided to to follow Le Cellier in the past and may do the same in the future.

I'm not going to change the first post until we hear something stating it might happen. There's been no scuttlebutt whatsoever on other restaurants changing to 2 credits unless you've heard some and just don't want to say so. Those who read the thread will see what your concern is. I think most everybody knows nothing is guaranteed until that final list comes out. I just prefer not to have to type the explanation out a bazillion times between now and the end of December.

After the dining plan began they also changed CRT from one to two credits and Coral Reef from two to one, guess the point could be made that they might follow CRT or some 2 credit restaurants could follow Coral Reef and become 1 credit restaurants.

I agree with Nala and Faldred. The likelihood is that all restaurants participating last year will again participate as they did last year.

LeCellier's changes were strong rumors for many months prior with CMs who worked at LeCellier sharing the information from their supervisors with board members. Other than one opinion expressed on this thread there is no whisper that other restaurants may go to 2TS credits.

It's not impossible that all restaurants could go to 2 TS credits, but the likelihood is that they will not.

ETA - Also, I believe that this thread was started with the hopes of avoiding the many questions of "Why is _____ not on the DDP for 2011" or "Where did _______ go"

There still are still some of those threads, but hopefully this is doing it's job of assuring others that _____ will probably be on the DDP in 2011.

If any restaurant were to start charging credits on a different structure in 2011, it's probable that Disney will offer enough advance notice for those planning to use credits so as to not affect reservations for the first half of 2011. (reservations will be open to May/June when the finalized list comes out and it's unlikely that Disney would switch to 2 credits prior to that time)

Hopefully things will go as pass years. Where would we be without the dining plan? Paying alot more for meals. One thing for sure we all must eat. lol

I am so relieved! I was getting ready to cry. I couldn't believe that there was so much missing. Whew!!!!:yay:

Want to hear something weird concerning LeCellier!??

We are going Feb 27-March 5th. I had just decided (before seeing this thread about the 2011 dining plan and LeCellier being 2 credits as of 3/1)..that we are going to be in Epcot on Monday February 28th!

Therefore as soon as my 180 window opens August 31st, I can book dinner on the last night it will be one TS credit! NEAT! :goodvibes

:worship: Thank you ... I was also panicing... there was half of list missing, but i knew you guys would be aware of the reasons... Thank you for making my day. :banana:

Okay, I understand that the list is not complete for 2011 yet but when will it be? For people making ADR's in early 2011, their booking window is opening and they don't have a full list. I have until February but was hoping to get things worked out before back to school when life will go crazy.

The final list will be out in December so really anyone making reservations for the first half of the year bases their reservation on faith.

Last year the final brochure was released with a printing date of December 30. I would not look for it any sooner this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter