2011 dining plan: PRICES, BROCHURE AND RESTAURANT LIST DATED 12/10/10

Question regarding meal plans. Can you only buy dining plan if you are purchasing a disney package also. Or are there other ways to be on one of the plans. Thanks everyone. Oh one more thing. We are going to Boardwalk Inn for a conference in October for a week,so we technically have reserved our accomodations but i have heard that doesn't count. HELP PLEASE !!

Unless you are a DVC member booking through member services, yes, you can only get a dining plan if you book a package reservation.

If you book your room through the conference, you will not be able to get a dining plan. Reserved conference room blocks are not package reservations.

I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding on the QS plan for 2011. It still includes 2 snack credits. The switch to 1 snack credit won't take place until 2012? Right? thanks.

I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding on the QS plan for 2011. It still includes 2 snack credits. The switch to 1 snack credit won't take place until 2012? Right? thanks.
Correct. The posted upcoming changes (1 snack QSDP, DDP mug, etc) will take effect with check-ins starting 01/01/2012. If you're checking in during 2011, you'll get the 2011 version.

Hi. I have a room only ressie with an AP discount. Is it possible to add the dining plan to this ressie? Would I be better off getting the Tables in Wonderland Card?

Thanks.

Hi. I have a room only ressie with an AP discount. Is it possible to add the dining plan to this ressie? Would I be better off getting the Tables in Wonderland Card?

Thanks.

You will be changing it to a ticketless package if you add a dining plan. It is not possible to add the plan and keep the reservation a room only. You can keep the AP discount though.

The big difference is that once your reservation is a package, it will be subject to package rules ($200 deposit, balance payable at 45 days out, change and cancellation fees apply within 45 days).

I've looked at so many sites I think I've confused myself!! :lmao:

I'm thinking about adding the Quick Service plan to my Dec 2011 trip.
Am I right in believing that is includes...

- 2 counter service meal (And are drinks included w/ meal?)
- 2 snacks
- and your Resort mug?

or am I confusing the '11 and '12 versions of the plan?

If you check in during 2011, the QSDP allotment per night is

2 QS meal credits (a QS meal includes entree or combo platter, nonalcoholic beverage, and dessert [no dessert at breakfast])

2 snack credits

1 refillable mug per person per stay

The only difference between that and the 2012 plan is that in 2012 the nightly snack allotment goes down to one snack. But as long as you check in during 2011 you will get the 2011 plan.

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm trying to run all the numbers and see which is the best deal for us. So that info comes in handy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter