2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here!! Just a question as to why you would want to avoid it?? Is it crazy busy?? TY

Newbie here!! Just a question as to why you would want to avoid it?? Is it crazy busy?? TY

We go every year for free dining. We love it!! It's not so busy that you can't manage it. You just have to make reservations on the day they open up for your trip. If you don't you could be disappointed and not get into your favorite restaurant. :goodvibes

I love free dining time!! Hoping that they make the offer this year and we can get reservations in the resort that we want with it. ALREADY have ressie's just waiting to get them changed if the free dining is offered. I thought that it usually started later. Like after Labor day. Maybe I am wrong!

When does free dining usually stop being offered?

Free dining will start August 15, 2010.

How do you know this?
Not doubting or anything - just curious, as I hadn't seen an official announcement yet.

Do you also know when it will end? We are wanting to schedule a trip at the beginning of October, and this would be wonderfully helpful info. :woohoo:

I don't know how it will work net year. But this year as soon as one free dining offer would end, a new one would start. The first one this year was offered in June for dates in mid August-September. It was for the regular dining plan.When that offer expired, a new one was offered from October-November. That one was for quick service plan w/ a value resorts and regular dining plan for Moderate & Deluxe resorts. We stayed at a value resort & upgraded to the regular dining plan for $11 more per person per day. I hope they do it the same again next year.

We can guess what the dates will be as some of us have booked the bounceback. The offer for the general public will be announced end of March or the beginning of April.

The dates could be slightly different than the bounceback offer. I booked the last date of the bounceback Sept. 30.

I love free dining time!! Hoping that they make the offer this year and we can get reservations in the resort that we want with it. ALREADY have ressie's just waiting to get them changed if the free dining is offered. I thought that it usually started later. Like after Labor day. Maybe I am wrong!

Free dining has started mid August for the past few years...dates have varied. We booked FDP bounceback starting August 15, 2010 at a value & it is the regular plan, not QSDP. Sometimes the general public dates are different - we will have to wait until April for the actual announcement. :goodvibes

What is the PIN you are talking about? Is this using a Disney VISA or something else. I am new the all the planning and slightly confused! Thanks!

Leeane, I received a discount PIN code in my email from Disney Destinations for 2010. It is a 20% off values, 30% off moderates, & 40% off deluxe resorts. Many people have gotten it, the best way to get it is to do to Disney's site, register a username/email and price(and save) a few trips. If you price them and then just log off, there is a good chance that in a few weeks or so you might get a pin as well. :)

The moderate rooms are more expensive than I thought. I just priced the difference between Pop and a mod and the difference is over $70. Both rooms were the standard.

I hope that the regular DDP is offered for Aug/Sept.

When we were looking to book the Coranada Springs resort was 600. per room higher then the Pop Century for our stay- we have 4 rooms booked and thats a lot of money.

The agent said that IF disney offers the Quick Service we could upgrade for a price the the regular dining

Welcome to the Free Dining Anticipation Thread!

This is for all the DISers who are anxiously waiting with mouths watering for the next installment in the Free Dining summers. This thread is open for discussion of any topics - favorite restaurants, top ADR choices, that extea special dish. Why wait the New Year to come!? Let's start discussing our upcoming trips today!

I'm here and waiting!! Made my reservation already, just waiting for the announcement so I can call and add free dining! :woohoo:

i am not going to be there until sept 25th but crossing my fingers they offer free dining again.

Love this thread! When does free dining usually start? We're debating when to go and of course this would make planning a lot easier!

Last year I believe it began on August 15th and ended October 3rd (although the past years before that it ended earlier in Sept.)

hi - we are in the UK and havebooked our first ever trip to WDW with for august 2010 and we have got free dining - am sooooooo excited!! there will be me, dh, dd who will be 7 and ds who will be 5 - will be watching this thread for any tips!! x

hi - we are in the UK and havebooked our first ever trip to WDW with for august 2010 and we have got free dining - am sooooooo excited!! there will be me, dh, dd who will be 7 and ds who will be 5 - will be watching this thread for any tips!! x

Congratulations! How great that they are offering it in the UK already! We'll have to wait until the end of March/beginning of April for the announcement here, I think.

We can guess what the dates will be as some of us have booked the bounceback. The offer for the general public will be announced end of March or the beginning of April.

The dates could be slightly different than the bounceback offer. I booked the last date of the bounceback Sept. 30.

Hello all! I hope this isn't an annoying question... but what is the bounceback offer?

Thanks in advance,
Krista

We are booked for Sept 18th thru the 25th--anticipating free dining.

I can change my dates to the week before.

Like what was posted this is the first year it went to Oct 3rd--in the past it usually ended the week before Food & Wine Festival- which means I might have to change my dates to the week before.

honeys birthday is the 24th that is why I picked that week.
cant wait til then end of March to hear the news

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter