2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about booking online. Disney's website isn't noted for their speediness or reliability. :laughing:

Each person in your party needs a 2 day base ticket.

Thank you so much. I am booking for my daughter and have passes with no expiration that is why I am asking.

What to do, what to do

Because my trip is already booked and partially paid for through my TA. I tried to call Disney and explain the situation but it was a no go! I will tell you I will never book Disney through a TA again because I have found that I cannot do ANYTHING regarding my reservation because all has to be done through my TA. It stinks!

This is the possible downside of booking with a travel agent. You are not the reservation holder, the travel agent is. You can't change anything about your reservation, it has to be done through the travel agent.

As suggested, you could research the cancellation penalties for the travel agent reservation, book your own reservation if there are none, and cancel the one with the travel agent. That's the only way you can proceed today without the travel agent.

Save your non expiration passes for another trip!

You know I am thinking the same thing. I am going the first week in August with my teen daughter and her friend and instead of buying them passes, I am thinking of letting them use those passes and get my college age daughter the passes with the free dining.

Amanda, I know you are reading this, what do you think?

This is the possible downside of booking with a travel agent. You are not the reservation holder, the travel agent is. You can't change anything about your reservation, it has to be done through the travel agent.

As suggested, you could research the cancellation penalties for the travel agent reservation, book your own reservation if there are none, and cancel the one with the travel agent. That's the only way you can proceed today without the travel agent.

Thanks for the advice! I am not sure what the cancellation policy is and I would hate to do that and end up being penalized some way as far as my refund goes. Right now, I am booked with a 40% off pin but FD would save us another $350 over the 40% off pin because I have what Disney calls 5 "adults" in my party so FD saves us more. If I cannot get FD at the Poly on Monday, I am just going to stick with my 40% off pin and pay for dining. It would be nice to save an extra $350.00 though!:thumbsup2

Because my trip is already booked and partially paid for through my TA. I tried to call Disney and explain the situation but it was a no go! I will tell you I will never book Disney through a TA again because I have found that I cannot do ANYTHING regarding my reservation because all has to be done through my TA. It stinks!

Your post caught my eye....I trained to be a travel agent years ago and until my DS begged me to use "his TA" to book our trip to Vegas for his wedding, I had never used one myself. It turned out to be quite an eye opener since of course I researched before we went to the TA add to that we (DH, another DD and DS fiance) decided to extend our trip and visit Disneyland. I said then and there never again would I use a travel agent with anything pertaining to Disney....I am too much of a hands on type of person to have to wait and depend on someone else to arrange my trips.:)

I love my DU TA... this is my 3rd time using her... but right now I am getting a tad worried... she usually responds to my emails fairly quickly... never more than a day or 2... However, I emailed her on Thur. to let her know how we stand on FD for Mon... ie we want to upgrade to ddp from qsdp, we are willing to change resorts if ours is sold out.. that kind of thing... I figured she would acknowledge the email at the very least... but haven't heard from her at all. I hope she is not away at the moment... I am not so worried that we wont get it if we have to wait a day or 2 but I have waited too long already...

:confused3:surfweb:

I love my DU TA... this is my 3rd time using her... but right now I am getting a tad worried... she usually responds to my emails fairly quickly... never more than a day or 2... However, I emailed her on Thur. to let her know how we stand on FD for Mon... ie we want to upgrade to ddp from qsdp, we are willing to change resorts if ours is sold out.. that kind of thing... I figured she would acknowledge the email at the very least... but haven't heard from her at all. I hope she is not away at the moment... I am not so worried that we wont get it if we have to wait a day or 2 but I have waited too long already...

a little frustrating! :confused: I'm in the same boat, and she doesn't start until 9am on Monday!:scared1:

That's why I like a TA who has hours of operation of 7 days a week and a number to call. I use All Seasons Travel, they are open pretty much to 9pm every weeknight and are also open on weekends, so pretty much you only have to wait until the morning to reach them via phone not e mails

Free dining will come out for the general public on Monday; it's stated on the Disney Rewards site. Your reservation number shouldn't change, but even if it did, it has no effect on dining reservations.

Thank you, thank you!! That is good to know. Now just hoping I can get in for FD. :)

Where is Knox???? Are we all feeling pretty positive that the GP will get FD on Monday??? I was...but now I'm a little shakey, with the rooms filling up, etc??

Where is Knox???? Are we all feeling pretty positive that the GP will get FD on Monday??? I was...but now I'm a little shakey, with the rooms filling up, etc??

No need to turn to Knox for comfort. It was printed on the Disney Rewards site that it will be offered to the GP on Monday. :goodvibes

Being Canadian, we cannot get the Disney Visa. I have asked in the past and they have said more than once that they were looking for something for Cdns but I think that was just a line .... We used to have the same discounts with Disney Club cards, etc. but again, that was years ago. Kind of frustrating that they haven't come up with something. We do get other bank cards from the States - what's up with Chase??

I am one of those people who use credit cards for points. I do pay them down every month so no interest for me. So far I haven't had to pay for air fare from Edmonton to Orlando for any of my trips just by using points. Everybody laughs at me since we normally have to settle for the craziest connections (they have been times we headed west then south, then east, then south again - kind of zig zagging our way across the States).

Monday can't come soon enough - at least it is my regular wake up time of 5:00 am and unfortunately for the dog, he won't get walked that morning until I connect to Disney. I am like so many, anxious that I get my choices - for me it is Pop Century starting from Sept 17 for 11 nights - already booked months ago because I had to book my fare so early. Good luck to me

I am crossing my fingers axiously for all of you still waiting for the GP announcement, I hope all the folks on the DIS are able to get what they want because it gives me hope for when my turn comes next year! Good Luck to all of you!

I am crossing my fingers axiously for all of you still waiting for the GP announcement, I hope all the folks on the DIS are able to get what they want because it gives me hope for when my turn comes next year! Good Luck to all of you!

I'm definitely booking a Bounceback if given the option, just in case that Free Dining offers further deteriorate next year.

Thanks for the advice! I am not sure what the cancellation policy is and I would hate to do that and end up being penalized some way as far as my refund goes. Right now, I am booked with a 40% off pin but FD would save us another $350 over the 40% off pin because I have what Disney calls 5 "adults" in my party so FD saves us more. If I cannot get FD at the Poly on Monday, I am just going to stick with my 40% off pin and pay for dining. It would be nice to save an extra $350.00 though!:thumbsup2

Did you pay for flgiths therw your TA?
That is where it may become a problem getting a refund.

Just in case that Pop has filled all the FD quotas on monday, I'll have a backup resort just in case. The main reason why we picked Pop over the rest of the value resort was because it runs its own bus line. Do moderates resorts share buses or each one run its own bus line? which moderate operates its own bus line?

I heard from my TA... she said that if Monday is truly the FD day she is prepared... and thanked me for letting her know where we stood.

Now to make it thru the next 2 days... ahhhhhhhhh

I work 3rd shift and on Sun night I work 11pm to 7am!!!! by the time I get home I expect all these boards to be lit up like the sky on the 4th of July!!!! How will I ever make it thru work that night?? Can't call off, got to pay for Disney... besides being at home will probably drive me bonkers too.. at least at work I can try to stay busy!!!

yes FD is definitely coming out to GP on monday morning. it says it right on the disney rewards visa website.
disney has set asside a certain amount of rooms for disney visa members and then the rest will be given to the GP. the reason that the resorts have "filled up" is cuz the rooms that were set asside for disney visa members are running out. there are still rooms available for the GP but come monday morning those will go quickly too.

If you want to see Knox's post where he actually attached a copy of the PRECISE wording of the Disney Visa announcement which says the general public offer will be released May 3, it's on the first post of this thread on the resort board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2455079

Of course, that graphic also says it ends 9/30, not 10/2.

Do moderates resorts share buses or each one run its own bus line? which moderate operates its own bus line?

I know I have posted this before but the only moderates that generally share buses are POFQ and POR. POFQ has one bus stop and POR has four. CSR and CBR do not share buses with any other resort. However, CSR has four of its own bus stops and CBR has seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter