• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the brochure for the DDP next year- It specifically states the refillable mug is NOT included?
Anybody else notice this?

It is still listed as included with QS and DxDP

How annoying.

oh, ok. That is sort of crappy. I have only gotten deluxe before, but knew it came with QS and was thinking of getting regular next time. It seems like if they give it with QS they would give it with the regular.

Posting here for reference... the mods are more than welcome to fold it into the 2010 FAQ if they want to.

Q. What is the actual "value" of a dining plan credit?

A. Based on the face value price of the various dining plans, I've come up with a rough estimate as to the "break-even" value of each type of plan credit. If you're interested in how I came up with these numbers, read on; if you just want the numbers themselves, skip to the end.

To summarize, based on the assumptions and calculations above, the "break-even" value (after tax) of each plan credit type is:

• (All Plans) Snack credit $3 adult, $3 child
  • QSDP or DDP CS credit $13 adult, $2 child
  • DDP TS credit $26/$31 for non-peak/peak adult, $7/$8 for non-peak/peak child
  • DxDP Meal credit $22 adult, $5 child

If you want to compare credit values to pre-tax prices (at 6.5% sales tax), use:

• (All Plans) Snack credit $2.82 adult, $2.82 child
  • QSDP or DDP CS credit $12.21 adult, $1.88 child
  • DDP TS credit $24.41/$29.11 for non-peak/peak, $6.57/$7.51 for non-peak/peak child
  • DxDP Meal credit $20.66 adult, $4.69 child

Thank you so much for figuring this break even point. I'm in the midst of trying to find the break even point on our OOP dining vs the regular DDP cost and it just gave me a huge :headache: Yours is a very simple, yet well thought out analysis that is very helpful!!:hug:

oh, ok. That is sort of crappy. I have only gotten deluxe before, but knew it came with QS and was thinking of getting regular next time. It seems like if they give it with QS they would give it with the regular.

They don't give it with the basic DDP because that is the most popular of all 3 plans. To make the deluxe seem more appealing and people spend the extra money on it, they include the mug as well as TS apps. Perhaps people who do not eat lots of TS meals would not get any dining plan, but since the QSDP includes the mug it makes it more appealing to them as well. With 2 snack credits, 2 CS meals and a refillable mug per day, a person on the QSDP can work it out so they don't have to pay anything OOP, by doing this:

Breakfast: beverage in refillable mug at the resort, plus a bagel which is 1 snack credit.

Lunch: CS meal

Snack with a snack credit (if at the resort, they can use their refillable mug for a beverage)

Dinner: CS meal

So a plan like this could make the QSDP more appealing to people who really want to pre-pay everything in advance and know exactly how much they will spend on all their food.

The basic DDP sells plenty so there is no need for Disney to add a refillable mug. Personally it doesn't bother me that the mug is not included, but then again I never had the refillable mug...perhaps if I was used to it I would miss it.

I know I came into this late, but can someone tell me what the plans cost for 2010? Interested in either Quick Dining plan or the regular level plan.

Just made plans to go in Feb to AK and Poly. So excited!!!:cool1:Thanks.

QS dining plan in 2010: $31.99 per adult per night, $9.99 per child per night

Regular (basic) dining plan: $41.99 per adult per night, $11.99 per child per night in non-peak seasons; $46.99 (some sites say $47.99) per adult per night, $12.99 per child per night in peak seasons. Your trip is in February, so note that peak season prices apply to check-ins between February 12 and April 10. If you are DVC members staying on points, the peak season pricing does not appear to apply to that type of reservation.

Deluxe dining plan: $71.99 per adult per night, $20.99 per child per night

On a split stay, unless you are annual passholders or fit some other exception to the ticket purchase requirement, you would have to book packages with tickets for both reservations if you want a dining plan on both of them. This could be a problem because Disney tickets get less expensive the longer you book them for.

Does anyone know if any of the restaurants currently not listed on the 2010 dining plan brochure will be added soon? I am worried that we have a reservation at Teppan Edo in early January but they are still not on the list. I don't usually make double bookings but I am starting to think I should just in case? We are going the first week of January

Thanks for any insight anyone has on this

Does anyone know if any of the restaurants currently not listed on the 2010 dining plan brochure will be added soon? I am worried that we have a reservation at Teppan Edo in early January but they are still not on the list. I don't usually make double bookings but I am starting to think I should just in case? We are going the first week of January

Thanks for any insight anyone has on this

Last year they didn't post until the last week of Dec or 1st week of Jan which is cutting it close for you. I wouldn't worry too much I don't remember any locations being pulled last year. I think it is basicly a contract thing and you know how often things like that go off on time :). With visitors down they need every seat they can get filled.Good luck.

Since you are going in Jan you may want to call the location in question and ask what their policy is if the contracts are not completed by the. Most likely they old contract continues until they either have a new one or officialy pull out (think teacher contracts). I'm not a lawyer so its just my assumption.

As a new guy on the disboard. Will there be a new thread with the "final" version of the 2010 restaraunts on the DDP in late December.

Thanks,

Dr. E

There will be a new DDP FAQ for 2010 that will be posted soon. It's actually typed and ready to go. Right now we're just waiting a bit, hoping that the final 2010 list comes out early this year.

We'll post it regardless of the 2010 status by next week Monday.

There will be a new DDP FAQ for 2010 that will be posted soon. It's actually typed and ready to go. Right now we're just waiting a bit, hoping that the final 2010 list comes out early this year.

We'll post it regardless of the 2010 status by next week Monday.

Thanks! Looking forward to it - really appreciate the work that goes into this :thumbsup2

My daughter and I were very disappointed to see Teppan Edo is not a dining plan location for 2010. Does DisneyWorld change dining locations every year? There were way more locations for 2009. :santa:

My daughter and I were very disappointed to see Teppan Edo is not a dining plan location for 2010. Does DisneyWorld change dining locations every year? There were way more locations for 2009. :santa:

Read through the thread this is on, to find out what happened to the restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter