• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Dining Plan Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. Have a friend going in Feb and she is going to give her TA a list of restaurants she wants ADR's for in the morning but was disappointed with the list, so she gave me a call and asked if she was seeing things.

Then I wondered if I was seeing things!

Maybe she should hold off.

Don't hold off if you want to make reservations early. Make them based on the 2009 list. If it turns out a restaurant doesn't renew (highly unlikely) then the reservation can be switched to a DDP restaurant after January 1. Especially for a trip in February, I would suggest making reservations now and then changing them if necessary.

Epcot and DTD have the highest concentration of restaurants operated by third parties, so their lists appear a lot shorter right now.

I agree with the previous poster. Book now, change them later if you have to.

I have the same problem. 3 of my dining ressies in Feb might not be included in the 2010 plan. I'm worrying about having to scramble for something later....

Scrambling later might be better than not getting your first choices now. The sooner your 2010 trip is, the harder it's going to be for you to get your first choices back after January 1. Depends on your outlook.

We are going in January, and I was planning on using the Dining plan. However, the list of Epcot Restaurants for the 2010 plan is terrible!!! Do you think they will add more back?

Michelle

this happens every year as contracts are signed. Plan on all Epcot restaurants participating in the Dining Plan. I have yet to see a year, and I've been to all of them except the first, that any Epcot restaurant wasn't included.

Most Epcot restaurants are operated by a party other than Disney. They will sign back up as soon as their contracts are renewed.

Bistro de Paris is not and has never been on the dining plan, but I'd say the odds are good all the others will sign back up.

Just throwing in a tip for all those worrying about the 2010 dining plan and whether or not restaraunts will be added.

Read through this thread and this question has been answered many times over! :cool1:

I did not know about this thread and had posted by mistake in another section of the forums. My post was moved here and now i see that it has been answered a hundred times over. Forgive me for my faux pas!

Just printed up the 2010 Disney Dining Plan and there are a lot of restaurants NOT on it anymore. I have read that this happens and Disney 99% of the times adds them back into the plan. When do they make this decision? Begining to plan our 2010 trip! Thanks

Just printed up the 2010 Disney Dining Plan and there are a lot of restaurants NOT on it anymore. I have read that this happens and Disney 99% of the times adds them back into the plan. When do they make this decision? Begining to plan our 2010 trip! Thanks

The final list will be released at the very end of December or beginning of January 2010

It has been several years since we last used the dining plan. I am planning to use it for our June trip but have a couple of questions. We are two adults and a 12 year old so we pay adult price for all 3 of us. If say we are dining at Brown Derby, can we use 4 TS credits and share the two entrees and desserts?? Or even pay cash for the 12 year olds meal since she will probably order off the childs menu??

You can pay cash for your child if they order off the child's menu but I'm not sure whether or not they'll still take the credit...my guess is no, and you'll have that adult credit for later. But I know that you can't share on the dining plan..It's a pretty big no-no.

Actually, the only places where we have any reports that you can't share on the dining plan are Beaches & Cream (multiple reports) and California Grill (one report that a child was not permitted to share a meal with an adult, party on dining plan)

You can pay cash for anyone's meal you wish, just make sure your server knows which meals will be paid for with dining credits and which will be paid for with cash.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. We don't plan to share but for the times my daughter will want to order from the child's menu I surely would not want to use an adult TS credit.

anyone know if the price is increasing for 2010?

The price for the deluxe plan is not increasing.

The per-night price for the quick service plan increases from $29.99/adult and $8.99/child to $31.99/ adult and $9.99/child.

The per-night price for the basic dining plan in non-peak periods increases from $39.99/adult and $10.99/child to $41.99/adult and $11.99/child.

The per-night price for the basic dining plan in peak periods increases to $46.99/adult (some sites say $47.99/adult) and $12.99/child. This applies to package reservations only and not to DVC members staying on points.

Peak periods are:
February 12 – April 10, 2010
June 4 – August 14, 2010
December 17 – 31, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter