2010 Confirmed DDP Snack Credits/Add updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, congrats on working full time. Nice to have more money but it's annoying how work can cut into your disboards time isn't it?;) When I worked for the census it really cut into my time on the boards!:rotfl:

Glad to see you're still around. Thanks again for the list. It's awesome and I know how much work it is to get something like this going. :grouphug:

more money for DISNEY!:banana:

Just back and I can confirm at Pop you get a bowl of cereal and a small milk for one snack credit !!Great for breakfast!!!

I have actually created my own "pocket guide" that I take with me. It is printed on a regular 8.5x11 piece of paper and folded into a small booklet the size of a credit card. I usually update this before any trip I take. It includes all of the snacks for the locations we will likely visit (including parks, resorts, etc.) and I leave out the places we are NOT likely to visit. (We don't go to Downtown Disney, for example, so I don't include these locations.) If you PM me, I'll be happy to forward a copy to you. since it is so small, I keep it with my park ticket and fast passes for easy reference.

This DIS Board list has been a godsend for us, as we like to squeeze as much value as we can from our dining plan.

Thanks for all the work that is being done to keep this updated !!

Just lurking around and wondering if you could also pass this reference my way...I'm a fanatic, obsessed with organization and I must have this!!! :woohoo:

I finally updated the OP. Sorry for the delay everyone. Let me know if I missed anything or if you read any updates on other threads. I'm not on the DIS as much anymore & not reading as much. TIA. Joyce

Just back and I can confirm at Pop you get a bowl of cereal and a small milk for one snack credit !!Great for breakfast!!!

Thanks! Good to know since we might be starting our trip there.

Also thanks to the person in charge of this thread for taking the time to organize this!

Originally Posted by cdsmom:

Just lurking around and wondering if you could also pass this reference my way...I'm a fanatic, obsessed with organization and I must have this!!!

Hello cdsmom !
I "PM"ed you as well. If you can please send me your email (via PM), I will be happy to forward a copy to you.

I look forward to hearing from you !!

Just left Goofy's and make your own gingerbread cookie has the ddp logo now but none of the other make your own did.

I didn't read to see if it's been added, but the new Karamel Kuche in Germany offers snack credits.

The small caramel corn is a snack credit
The chocolate or vanilla caramel cupcakes are snack credits

Hi, I just read on a different forum that there is quite a list of items at the new Karamel Kuche that are listed as DDP snacks:
Gourmet Caramels $3.95
Caramel Vanilla Fudge $3.95
Caramel Chocolate Fudge $3.95
Caramel & Chocolate Pretzel $2.95
Caramel Chocolate Marshmallows $3.95
Yellow Caramel Cupcake $3.9
Chocolate Caramel Cupcake $3.95
Caramel Pecan Bar $3.45
Werther's Chey Caramel Bar $3.45
Caramel Roll with Marshmallow Cream $3.95
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookie $3.45
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookie $3.45
Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch Cookie $3.45
Caramel & Chocolate Dipped Strawberry $3.95
Caramel Crisped Rice Treat $3.45
Caramel $3.95
Caramel & Milk Chocolate $3.95
Caramel & Dark Chocolate $3.95
Caramel with Pecan Pieces $3.95
German Chocolate Caramel $3.95

So, is that innaccurate? I find it frustrating that different forums have different things listed as snack items, and there is no official Disney list to go by (that I can find). Also, I had heard from a friend that basically anything under 4 bucks is a snack, which makes sense to me, but what does not make sense is that some things under 4 bucks WOULD be a snack, and other things in the price range WOULD NOT. That just does not add up to me.

Also, a really dumb question, but I'm a newbie to DDP. So, with a quick service credit, you can choose ANY entree at ANY quick service location, and then add to that ANY non-alcoholic beverage they offer along with ANY dessert they offer? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks!!

(Edit) I just found pictures that show Caramel Vanilla Fudge and Caramel Roll with Marshmallow Cream as being snack credits as well. So the short list I quoted is definately incomplete. I will see if I can find other pictures of items as well.

(Edit again) Ok, I found a site that has a photo tour of the Karamell-Kuche, and yes, everything I listed above is indeed snack eligible. See for yourself wdwmagic.com/Shopping/Karamelle-Kuche/News/30Sep2010-Karamelle-Kuche---Photo-tour-of-Germany%27s-new-Caramel-shop-now-open-at-Epcot.htm
So feel free to update the front page anytime. :-)

Also, a really dumb question, but I'm a newbie to DDP. So, with a quick service credit, you can choose ANY entree at ANY quick service location, and then add to that ANY non-alcoholic beverage they offer along with ANY dessert they offer? Is it as simple as that?

Thanks!!

Yes, basically. ;)Some places do have restrictions on the desserts they allow. For example, Tangeriene Cafe only allows baklava as your dessert choice and Cooke's of Dublin (DTD) only allowed a cookie or a (fresh) fruit cup.

When you go to order they may ask you if you are on a Disney Dining Plan (I think we were asked this everytime!) and they will then let you know what you can order.

I can't think of any QS locations that don't accept DDP but there may be a few.

HAPPY DINING!:wizard:

Just left Goofy's and make your own gingerbread cookie has the ddp logo now but none of the other make your own did.

Wow, interesting! I remember the gingerbread as being one of the more expensive of the create your own options ... it is my favorite, yum!

Goofys just cant seem to make up their mind on what make your own is included. It changes constantly. Just be sure to ask before ordering.

Hi there JJ

I am getting ready to head to DW in a couple of weeks and wanted to thank you once again for all your hard work. You make it so much easier to find quality snacks.

Nothing worse than eating something good and then finding out that there was something even better a few steps away and you are too darned full to eat it.:rotfl2:

I always take your list, eliminate the places that I know I will not be going, make it into two columns and then eradicate a few items that we do not like or are at all the places to make it all fit on one page.

THEN, I make a few extra copies to give to folks I meet at the park who might enjoy having that knowledge.

AND yes, I always tell them where I got the information and give you all the credit to which you so richly deserve.:love:

Now that I have expressed my adoration might I suggest that you put the new items added in a color so as to make it easier for those of us who frequent your thread often?

Is there anything I could do while I am at DW to help you out in anyway?

Slightly Goofy

So Sleepy Hollow is still listed as having the ice cream cookie sandwich? I am going Nov. 13 and wondered if anyone has had success. Also, is this the same thing as MSB?

Thanks Linda. Its been suggested in the past for me to color the additions but to be perfectly honest I have a hard time just doing the updates. What would help is if our "regulars" like you:lovestruc)on this thread find any updates on other threads and let me know...I have found alot in the pic threads & reviews. TIA. Joyce

Hey Joyce!

I am headed that way soon and will try to take pictures of the menu boards with the DP signage if that will help.

I read the boards and sometimes one person will say they got an item and someone else will say they did but I will take note when I see such in the future.

Thanks for all your hard work. I will do my best to test as many of the options out as I possibly can. :rotfl:

Slightly Goofy

This might be a silly question, but when does the 2010 dining roll over into the 2011 dining? Is it literally the 1st of Jan. or some other random date? I want to print this list for our trip in a little over a week, but I don't want it to be out of date if the new list goes into effect before then.

There aren't usually big snack changes by year so you should be fine. When there are plan changes it's by year of check in date usually. They are phasing out 2 drinks with breakfast for 2011 so there may be some confusion with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter