2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney stops selling the tickets on Aug 31st. They'll activate them through Sept, but you can't buy them in Sept.

yes I know this part what seems to be the problem is some of us have read you cant activate the tickets after Sept 26th while others say you can.....

Sorry if this topic has already been answered. I am active duty and my wife is a activated reservist. Can we get 12 tickets total or is it 6 per household? Also, can I activate the tickets in the downtown disney area? Thank you.

If each of you have an active duty ID card each of you are entitled to upo to six tickets. But they cannot be purchased after August 31 and must be used by September 30. And you should be able to buy and activate the tickets at a Guest Relations Office in DTD.

If each of you have an active duty ID card each of you are entitled to upo to six tickets. But they cannot be purchased after August 31 and must be used by September 30. And you should be able to buy and activate the tickets at a Guest Relations Office in DTD.

I just wanted to make sure we were entitled to 6 tickets per ID card and not per household. Our base ticket office sold them to us but after reading this thread I was confused about the “or spouse” clause. Thank you for the quick reply.

FYI...The newest version of the "military ID cards" no longer identifies the military member’s status (i.e. Active Duty, reservist, or guard).

Does WDW do a similar program every year? We want to go in March of next year and are wondering if we should hold out to make our plans. If so, when do they usually announce it?

Does WDW do a similar program every year? We want to go in March of next year and are wondering if we should hold out to make our plans. If so, when do they usually announce it?

This is only the second year they've had it.

For both this year and last year, they announced it in the end of December (I think).

But, they may announce it this Monday (with the rumored discounts), they may announce it in Dec, they may announce it next Spring, or they may not even be one next year.

Sorry this post is so unhelpful. Best advice: keep checking the DIS. The moment it is announced (if there is one), it'll be posted here.

This is only the second year they've had it.

For both this year and last year, they announced it in the end of December (I think).

But, they may announce it this Monday (with the rumored discounts), they may announce it in Dec, they may announce it next Spring, or they may not even be one next year.

Sorry this post is so unhelpful. Best advice: keep checking the DIS. The moment it is announced (if there is one), it'll be posted here.
Thanks, it was actually helpful :)....we'll keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow though!

I've been holding out on buying our tickets for our Food & Wine Fest trip this October. Ever hopeful that they might extend to Dec. :rotfl: I'll probably hold out until mid-Sept and then buy regular tickets :confused3

Hi everyone!

We leave Tues for FL :cool1: but sadly 2 members of our party can't make it. Is there anywhere "legal" to post this info to see if anyone else wants to purchase them?

Also, can you take a look at my schedule and see how this looks... we're going to add the WP&More option when we activate the tickets...

19 - DHS
20 - WP and Quest
21 - MK
22 - WP and Quest
23 - Epcot
24 - AK

THANKS!!

DTD will work at Guest Services right next to Gihardellis IIRC.

anyone know the hours of operation for this office??

i want to get them activated on the 18th in the EVENING... or REALLY early AM... so that we are good to hit RD at DHS on the 19th.

Make sense?

my sister is going to DW this weekend. They are going to buy their military salute ticket. To make a long story short, she broke both wrists and isn't sure she will be able to stand being in the parks all day. If they use one day of the salute ticket and decide to go home, can they still upgrade it to either a fla. res. pass or annual ?

Also, ex. does DW take the price of the annual pass and subtract $99.00 and you pay the difference? Is that how the upgrade is done?

Thanks

The tickets may be upgraded to Seasonal (for Florida Residents) or Annual Passes based on the $99, $124, or $149 value and price bridging will not be performed.

Yes, she should be able to upgrade it.

Wish I had actually paid attention to this and waited to buy my Seasonal Passes. Oops!! Oh well - I'll just be waiting to activate my passes until after Sep. :)

my sister is going to DW this weekend. They are going to buy their military salute ticket. To make a long story short, she broke both wrists and isn't sure she will be able to stand being in the parks all day. If they use one day of the salute ticket and decide to go home, can they still upgrade it to either a fla. res. pass or annual ?

Also, ex. does DW take the price of the annual pass and subtract $99.00 and you pay the difference? Is that how the upgrade is done?

Thanks
I don't know when she has to do the upgrade by, but she will get a $99 credit toward an AP.

I don't know when she has to do the upgrade by, but she will get a $99 credit toward an AP.

According to the disney web page and multiple other sources, she should be able to upgrade to a annual pass. I would call disney to verify though.

23 days until we go to Saratoga Springs Resort

Quick Question for anybody able to answer!

We are 8 days away from our trip! woo hoo! :banana:

My family & I are vacationing with a really good friend of mine & his family. He is active duty military & bought all of our tickets. We're all going to go to get them activated when we get there, but beyone that, do we all need to tour together? We are sharing a condo off-site & plan on touring together for most of the time, but sometimes I'm sure we're each going to want our 'alone' time with our own families. Is this possible? (to not enter the gate with them every time)

I am pretty sure that the military deal is only for the military member and his actual family members, so I am not sure how he will get you all in using the passes if someone in your immediate family is not military? Although, I am not sure how strict Disney is on checking if people are actually family? I would hope they would be pretty diligent in checking though, as it is a perk for military members and their family....

Last time we went was in November 2009 and we had to show our IDs at the gate to activate our tickets but then I think we just did the thumbprint ID each time we entered the parks.

We are going next Saturday and plan to use the military tickets too! I am so excited!

Quick Question for anybody able to answer!

We are 8 days away from our trip! woo hoo! :banana:

My family & I are vacationing with a really good friend of mine & his family. He is active duty military & bought all of our tickets. We're all going to go to get them activated when we get there, but beyone that, do we all need to tour together? We are sharing a condo off-site & plan on touring together for most of the time, but sometimes I'm sure we're each going to want our 'alone' time with our own families. Is this possible? (to not enter the gate with them every time)

Once they are activated you will not have to tour together. My DSIL and nephew used the extra 2 our family was entitled to and they came and went as they pleased...no questions asked.

Ahh, I did just read (going back through this whole post LOL) that it can be for friends or family! I was mistaken I guess :)

I hope it is true, too!!

I will have to call later today to see if we can save even more $$ on our room reservation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter