• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Grumpy--We're going to call in the morning to make sure, but that is what I had hoped. We leave Sunday for our trip, so we wanted to know if we needed to plan an extra theme park day instead of a water park day. With this heat wave here in Florida now, we were really looking forward to the water park day!

Either or both of the Hopping and/or WPF&M option may be added to the Armed Forces Salute Tickets without the normal 14 days upgrade restriction applying. I had some people upgrade to add WPF&M today to Armed Forces Salute tickets even though all four of the major park days were used.

Thanks guys for the quick replies---you've eased our minds for sure, and we're really looking forward to that Typhoon Lagoon break. Good night!

Yes, thank you for your promptness in answering!! It is good to know that we're good to go!:cool1:

you are so right it doesnt make any sense to me, but theres been other times things just didnt make any sense either. Ive gone to so many about this issue and kept getting different info...mostly just those passing the buck between Disney and SOG each one always saying I dont know you will have to contact the other one! LOL

I thot about printing out this page but then I thot I could show them and they could say we have no idea who this person is.....

you now how it is...theres always some kind of snag in every trip in the making, just makes you appreciate the MAGIC that much more when you walk through the gates!! Will definitely let you all know how it goes and thank you!!

Hey guys, I've seen in writing on shades of green site (shadesofgreen.org/4day) towards the bottom. I believe there was another site that said they expire the 30 Sept and must be activated no later than the 26th of September as well, which kinda makes sense since it is a 4 day ticket. Also the women at MWR said the same upon purchasing it here at Fort Bragg. I hate to see someone spend the money and not get them activated on time
:( I would call disney since DIsney activates them at there guest services windows and go by whatever they tell you. Have them double check with higher ups if they aren't 100%.

I know last year we had questions about left over days for another visit before the expiration and got conflicting reports as well. When we asked at our hotel guest services they had to call a certain individual within disney who was versed in those tickets to get us a positive answer.

Hey guys, I've seen in writing on shades of green site (shadesofgreen.org/4day) towards the bottom. I believe there was another site that said they expire the 30 Sept and must be activated no later than the 26th of September as well, which kinda makes sense since it is a 4 day ticket. Also the women at MWR said the same upon purchasing it here at Fort Bragg. I hate to see someone spend the money and not get them activated on time
:( I would call disney since DIsney activates them at there guest services windows and go by whatever they tell you. Have them double check with higher ups if they aren't 100%.

I know last year we had questions about left over days for another visit before the expiration and got conflicting reports as well. When we asked at our hotel guest services they had to call a certain individual within disney who was versed in those tickets to get us a positive answer.

I emailed Disney about this and this is the response I received and I plan on printing it out and taking it with me incase I have an issue.....notice they didnt include an activation date!:

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney is offering Active and Retired U.S. Military, including members
of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of the National Guard or
Reservists, a 4-Day Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Tickets for themselves
and up to five (5) family members and/or friends for $99 plus tax (adult
and child). The Park Hopper® Option and Water Park Fun & More Options
may be purchase for an additional $26 + tax for each option. The No
Expiration option is not available.

The purchase dates for this offer will be 01/03 - 08/31/2010.

All Tickets are valid until September 30, 2010 regardless of the first
date of use. There are no blackout dates at this time.

The offer is only available at your base or at the Vacation Planning
Centers at the theme parks. The Disney Reservation Center will not be
selling this offer.

For additional information, please go to www.disneyworld.com/military

We look forward to your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort Cathy and
hope that your time with us is magical.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Ronda Kendall
WDW Online Communications

I emailed Disney about this and this is the response I received and I plan on printing it out and taking it with me incase I have an issue.....notice they didnt include an activation date!:

"Cathy"

You should check the website they referenced you to. It says, in the fine print, "Disney's 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than September 26, 2010)."

I know -- frustrating, isn't it???

"Cathy"

You should check the website they referenced you to. It says, in the fine print, "Disney's 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than September 26, 2010)."

I know -- frustrating, isn't it???

THANK YOU!! I didnt bother to look yet because (stupid me) felt they would have put it in writing in their email to me since I specifically asked about that! Almost like they are being deceptive!

THANK YOU!! I didnt bother to look yet because (stupid me) felt they would have put it in writing in their email to me since I specifically asked about that! Almost like they are being deceptive!

Don't thank me yet -- my question would be whether or not they say you can't activate the 4-day tickets after the 26th only because by then they're actually 3-day tickets (or 2-day, or 1-day, depending on which day you activated them...).

Cheshire Figment believes you can. The website, and SoG, clearly disagree with his interpretation. Your email response from Disney sure didn't help clarify the confusion... :confused3

Don't thank me yet -- my question would be whether or not they say you can't activate the 4-day tickets after the 26th only because by then they're actually 3-day tickets (or 2-day, or 1-day, depending on which day you activated them...).

Cheshire Figment believes you can. The website, and SoG, clearly disagree with his interpretation. Your email response from Disney sure didn't help clarify the confusion... :confused3

besides the 2 sites you mentioned there are 2 others(mousemisers and wdwinfo.com) that say you have to by the 26th also! UGH.....Im just ready to say forget it...I dont understand why they cant just answer my question in black and white.....I would hope they know we all understand if we buy 4 days and there are only 3 days left that we are out one day, but its still cheaper than buying a one day ticket.... thanks so much for helping out with this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

besides the 2 sites you mentioned there are 2 others(mousemisers and wdwinfo.com) that say you have to by the 26th also! UGH.....Im just ready to say forget it...I dont understand why they cant just answer my question in black and white.....I would hope they know we all understand if we buy 4 days and there are only 3 days left that we are out one day, but its still cheaper than buying a one day ticket.... thanks so much for helping out with this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

A 1 day ticket is cheaper than the military ticket. The military ticket is cheaper than a 2 day ticket, though.

I have rechecked today and there is nothing in the Cast procedures section which states that the passes cannot be activated after September 26.

I have rechecked today and there is nothing in the Cast procedures section which states that the passes cannot be activated after September 26.

unfortunately we dont have access to that and when I went to the site that was given to me by Ronda Kendell WDW Online Communications it states that there is a deadline....I know you have mentioned that there are many sites out there that have incorrect info, but this site is www.disneyworld.com/military so now do I believe this site since it was given to me by a CM? It just gets more confusing as the days go by...and like someone else posted (new one on boards) about the military vouchers and having an issue I would like to avoid that as much as possible. Im thinking before I get my tickets I will have SOG call over and make sure it ended on the 26th...day before we arrive. if it did then oh well we tried and will get the other tickets if not then we luck out and get the $99.... just wish things werent so confusing sometimes.

unfortunately we dont have access to that and when I went to the site that was given to me by Ronda Kendell WDW Online Communications it states that there is a deadline....I know you have mentioned that there are many sites out there that have incorrect info, but this site is www.disneyworld.com/military so now do I believe this site since it was given to me by a CM? It just gets more confusing as the days go by...and like someone else posted (new one on boards) about the military vouchers and having an issue I would like to avoid that as much as possible. Im thinking before I get my tickets I will have SOG call over and make sure it ended on the 26th...day before we arrive. if it did then oh well we tried and will get the other tickets if not then we luck out and get the $99.... just wish things werent so confusing sometimes.

Disney stops selling the tickets on Aug 31st. They'll activate them through Sept, but you can't buy them in Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter