• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry that I cannot provide a link to my source as The HUb requires a password for any access. Could you please provide a link to an official Disney site that says that the tickets cannot be activated after September 26th. And SoG is not an official Disney site. And I see on the SoG site where it talks about a one-time purchase; this is not accurate, so where there is one error, why not another.

Here is a link to a Disney source that says must activate by 9/26

link

However, they do not have the buy by Aug 31 update (it still says buy by July 31).

So, this Disney source has at least one error.

Is it possible the terms were originally "activate by 26th" but that changed also? But it was never announced anywhere in writing, except the internal system?

I would email guest relations. If they write back saying can activate on 27th, then just print that email and bring it, and with that in hand, I'm sure they would override the 26th restirciton, if there is one.

If guest relations sticks with the 26th: then you have a choice. You can just pay for the regular tickets, or take the risk of buying the $100 tickets and hope that they let you activate them anyway (which they might, just to provide good customer service, even if they aren't technically supposed to)

Personally, I would get the salute tickets and trust in the Disney magic

Thank you for the link. And the link does, as you stated, show that tickets must be purchased by July 31 although Disney announced, in May, that tickets may be purchased through August 31.

And I have now looked at two internal pages directed at ticketing personnel and neither tells us that we cannot activatge the tickets after September 26.

Here is a link to a Disney source that says must activate by 9/26

link

However, they do not have the buy by Aug 31 update (it still says buy by July 31).

So, this Disney source has at least one error.

Is it possible the terms were originally "activate by 26th" but that changed also? But it was never announced anywhere in writing, except the internal system?

I would email guest relations. If they write back saying can activate on 27th, then just print that email and bring it, and with that in hand, I'm sure they would override the 26th restirciton, if there is one.

If guest relations sticks with the 26th: then you have a choice. You can just pay for the regular tickets, or take the risk of buying the $100 tickets and hope that they let you activate them anyway (which they might, just to provide good customer service, even if they aren't technically supposed to)

Personally, I would get the salute tickets and trust in the Disney magic

thank you and yes the first date was July 31st but Disney extended it to Aug 14th and unfortuantely the one link I read never updated that....

Just send a quick email to guest services and ask them directly. This is what i did when I had a question about activating all 6 tickets while my DH is deployed. They will answer within a few days and then you will know for sure and not have to worry anymore. I printed guest service's response just in case I needed it. Don't put yourself through the worry when you can go directly to the source.

Yep I did this yesterday afternoon but like you said it will take a couple days to get an answer but thanks for the reply!! :0)

I have 4 of the Armed Forces Salute tickets in hand that we purchased at our base ITT office and it doesn't say anything on the back about when it has to be activated. It says "Military personnel or their spouse must be present at time of purchase and activation. Valid Jan. 3 through Sept. 30 excluding the following black-out dates: March 27- April 9, 2010 (All parks) and July 3-4, 2010 (Magic Kingdom Only).
I hope this helps with your dilemma!

THANK YOU so much!! This does help!! :0)

It makes no sense that ticket activation must be by the 26th. The offer ends on the 30th, so the 26th is five days out on 4-day tickets. That is just gibberish that I would call a typo. Lots of heart-wrenching misinformation is out there. You can read through this entire thread and find people who were given wrong info from Shades of Green. I have been given wrong information. The best thing I learned about wrong Disney information is to keep asking someone else if the answer you get is negative or nonsensical when it shouldn't be.

But one thing I would bet on is Cheshire Figment. He has the official Disney info. He has not led anyone into a financial loss situation. If he says his Disney internal info has no requirement to activate the tickets by Sept. 26th, I would take that for Gospel. I would also print out that page of the thread and bring it with you when you arrive on the 27th, "just in case."

I think everything will be alright. Let us know back! :)

you are so right it doesnt make any sense to me, but theres been other times things just didnt make any sense either. Ive gone to so many about this issue and kept getting different info...mostly just those passing the buck between Disney and SOG each one always saying I dont know you will have to contact the other one! LOL

I thot about printing out this page but then I thot I could show them and they could say we have no idea who this person is.....

you now how it is...theres always some kind of snag in every trip in the making, just makes you appreciate the MAGIC that much more when you walk through the gates!! Will definitely let you all know how it goes and thank you!!

It was nice that someone actually had the verbage on the ticket -- sounds like everything will be fine. :thumbsup2

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access "The Hub" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into the Portal for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

see this is my dilema we are arriving the 27th! LOL Thats why I so want some kind of proof that what I read on here is the correct info before I go and buy the tickets and then Im turned away saying sorry the 26th was the last day......

Good luck to you, I'd be terrified for the same reason. We are arriving on the 26th and high-tailing it to the park to activate our tickets, I don't want to be shut out and have to fork over another $300 plus per person for regular four day park hoppers. If it says on the Disney website that the tickets must be activated by the 26th and you aren't arriving until the 27th, I'd be biting my nails too. If I were you, I would buy regular tickets instead, just to be safe, so you don't waste more money on useless passes you can't use. Thats just me. I'm afraid that if you call three different times you will get three different answers to your question. Why risk it?

And P.S. Yes, Cheshire Figment has been an excellent source for all information ticket wise, and yes, we should all thank him for what he does, but no one is infallible. He has been wrong before. We had an issue several months ago where he swore up and down that you had to purchase before July 31st, when the SOG website had posted that the program had been extended until Aug 31st. This information ended up being correct, even though he swore it wasn't at the time. I'm not trying to start an arguement or devalue anyone's information, I am just saying, sometimes, not even he is correct.

Okay, PLEASE forgive me if this has already been answered. I searched this thread using the term 'water park' and couldn't find this specific question....

I went today to our MWR office and bought our tix (8 total, of course only 6 were the heavily discounted ones). I told her I wanted the 4 day passes plus hopper option and the water park, etc. option. She told me I couldn't get the water park fun & more option there- that I get that at the parks...??? So I paid the extra $25 for park hopper option and I understood it that we have to upgrade at the gate at one of the water parks for the 'water parks, fun & more' option???????????

*I read several pages worth trying to find an answer and it appears most everyone else was able to get their tix with both options at their MWR. So was I told wrong?

Thank you for your time!! (and again I apologize if this has been answered already).

Okay, PLEASE forgive me if this has already been answered. I searched this thread using the term 'water park' and couldn't find this specific question....

I went today to our MWR office and bought our tix (8 total, of course only 6 were the heavily discounted ones). I told her I wanted the 4 day passes plus hopper option and the water park, etc. option. She told me I couldn't get the water park fun & more option there- that I get that at the parks...??? So I paid the extra $25 for park hopper option and I understood it that we have to upgrade at the gate at one of the water parks for the 'water parks, fun & more' option???????????

*I read several pages worth trying to find an answer and it appears most everyone else was able to get their tix with both options at their MWR. So was I told wrong?

Thank you for your time!! (and again I apologize if this has been answered already).

We got our at Shades of Green a couple of weeks ago with that option. However last year when we used them we got the water park option added at the base. Maybe they were out of them. You can add it at WDW but you will pay the tax on the 25 bucks.

We purchased our tickets a couple of weeks ago at our MWR and were told the same thing ~ that the water parks option would have to be added at Disney World.:)

Thanks for your answers!! I just didn't want to get down there and find out we'd have to pay full price on the water parks, etc. (I am wondering if they were just out of the ones that also have the water park fun & more option. They were out of Universal Adult tix.)

We are exactly one month away from our trip and my hubby will be back from deployment a week or so from now...So we are one EXCITED family!!! (Well, two families- we're taking his sister and her family with us and they've never been!!)

We purchased our tickets a couple of weeks ago at our MWR and were told the same thing ~ that the water parks option would have to be added at Disney World.:)

Wwe were able to get PH and WP&F tickets at our base. These options were already printed on the ticket, so I guess if the base does't have them in stock, they can't sell them.

What we have done in the past whether it be for the $99 offer or just passes in general, we call our base they ask what kind we want (with or without WP) we pay for them ahead of time, they order them, takes about a week to get. We have done this 4-5 times now with no problems at all. They told us they dont keep a lot on hand that its easier to just order what the people want.

Help!

My husband, little daughter and I purchased the $99 military pass back in Jan. (2010). We used one day in Jan., and saved the other three days for August 2010. We didn't know the passes did not include a water-park option, and since we had been planning to go to Typhoon Lagoon one day during our August visit, does anyone know if it is possible to add the waterpark option after the pass has been activated?

Help!

My husband, little daughter and I purchased the $99 military pass back in Jan. (2010). We used one day in Jan., and saved the other three days for August 2010. We didn't know the passes did not include a water-park option, and since we had been planning to go to Typhoon Lagoon one day during our August visit, does anyone know if it is possible to add the waterpark option after the pass has been activated?

I believe so, the CM we talked to when we did ours told us that when we came back to use our other days that we could add the park hopper or water parks for the remaining days if we chose to!:)

Help!

:thumbsup2 YEP YOU CAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter