2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

There was a notice posted on Facebook last week, a friend sent me a copy, but it didn't have specifics, just that it had been extended.

Suzanne

Shades of Green hasnt even posted really anything about them except a little on FB...but they are wise and wait until official word from DISNEY themselves......they (SoG) did say they will be extended but thats as far as they will say.....its best to wait til Disney makes the announcement on their official page....things change a lot and dont want to get peoples hopes up for nothing.......

At this time there is still no official detailed information available. As soon as detailed information is available to those of us who sell tickets at WDW, I will both update the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky, as well as start a new public thread in this forum with actual details. I have also (on 4/26) checked on Disneyland and there is nothing posted internally their either.

At this time there is still no official detailed information available. As soon as detailed information is available to those of us who sell tickets at WDW, I will both update the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky, as well as start a new public thread in this forum with actual details. I have also (on 4/26) checked on Disneyland and there is nothing posted internally their either.

As always, thanks Ches! I had just noticed it on the DIS Update scroll about Disneyland.

Is it possible to take advantage of the promotion at WDW and Disneyland or is it just for one?

We purchased tickets for WDW using the current promotion but we have a wedding to attend in California in October so if it is allowed we would love to visit DL as well while we are out there.

Someone refresh my memory here...Service Members are eligible for 6 tickets per promotional period, right?

So, if this promo period ends Oct 1, 2011, as long as we buy/activate our tickets by the 1st, we can buy 6 more any time after the 1st until the new promotional period ends?

Someone refresh my memory here...Service Members are eligible for 6 tickets per promotional period, right?

So, if this promo period ends Oct 1, 2011, as long as we buy/activate our tickets by the 1st, we can buy 6 more any time after the 1st until the new promotional period ends?

The tickets from the first promotion will end Oct 1 2011 as well.

As PP stated, the current promotion tickets are only valid until Oct. 1, 2011. You have to purchase the current tickest no later then Sept. 28, 2011.

You'd need to start using the FY11 tickets on 28 September to be able to use all 4 days before they expire.

I just got off the phone with Disney had a few questions about the military tickets. During the conversation I was told the following. The promotion has been extended until Sept 2012. Not sure about this part but you may only buy 6 tickets from Oct 2010 until Sept 2012. This was just put out the past couple of days. So the websites have not been updated yet. I was told to keep checking them.

I just got off the phone with Disney had a few questions about the military tickets. During the conversation I was told the following. The promotion has been extended until Sept 2012. Not sure about this part but you may only buy 6 tickets from Oct 2010 until Sept 2012. This was just put out the past couple of days. So the websites have not been updated yet. I was told to keep checking them.

That seems unfair to all those who bought tickets and were told they expired Oct 1, 2011. Now they are to be told the special six-ticket purchase expires in 2012? Can you imagine how many people arranged their Disney trips to make it within the first deadline? Now the deadline is extended a year, but since they already purchased six tickets, they are S-O-L? I sincerely hope this information is incorrect. :guilty:

We were there last week. We bought 2 tickets and they don't expire til 2012. We only used 2 days of ours,so we have 2 days that we can use, and have till 2012 to do it in. We still have 4 tickets we can buy. It worked good for us, but I do see the problem if people bought all 6 tickets this year and also planned on buying 6 tickets next year.

That also doesn't take into consideration the families that have multiple members.

It should work out fine for us, because there are only 2 of us an we need the 4 remaining tickets in Dec, but I would think most military families have more than 2 people.

Suzanne

i think most people are going to use all 4 days at once too
i know we always go for at least 5-6 days

We were there last week. We bought 2 tickets and they don't expire til 2012. We only used 2 days of ours,so we have 2 days that we can use, and have till 2012 to do it in. We still have 4 tickets we can buy. It worked good for us, but I do see the problem if people bought all 6 tickets this year and also planned on buying 6 tickets next year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all 6 tickets had to be bought at once. We bought 5 tickets found out 1 more is going so we have to pay full price for additional ticket. Because it wasn't bought with the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter