2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all 6 tickets had to be bought at once. We bought 5 tickets found out 1 more is going so we have to pay full price for additional ticket. Because it wasn't bought with the others.
This is not a Disney requirement. Some MRW/ITT offices do have it as a requirement.

That seems unfair to all those who bought tickets and were told they expired Oct 1, 2011. Now they are to be told the special six-ticket purchase expires in 2012? Can you imagine how many people arranged their Disney trips to make it within the first deadline? Now the deadline is extended a year, but since they already purchased six tickets, they are S-O-L? I sincerely hope this information is incorrect. :guilty:

Well, if that is the case - which I agree seems very unfair - I hope they'll exchange ones that were bought under the original program with the original expiration date for ones with the new expiration date. *THAT* would make up for some of that at least.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all 6 tickets had to be bought at once. We bought 5 tickets found out 1 more is going so we have to pay full price for additional ticket. Because it wasn't bought with the others.

You can buy that 6th ticket at any guest relations/ticket window, and but you'll pay tax. You can call SoG and ask if you can just buy one ticket. WDW will only let you activate 6 total.

You can buy that 6th ticket at any guest relations/ticket window, and but you'll pay tax. You can call SoG and ask if you can just buy one ticket. WDW will only let you activate 6 total.

This is directly from disneymilitarysales.com site. So this is the reason I'm confused for.
No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time.

This is directly from disneymilitarysales.com site. So this is the reason I'm confused for.
No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time.

It still isn't being enforced by all locations. SoG will allow you to buy them in seperate purchases.

We bought 2 in Dec 2010, used 3 days then, 1 day in April 2011. We will buy our reamining 4 in Dec 2011 and probably only use 5 or 6 of the 8 days and then have the remaining left for sometime before Oct 2012.

Suzanne

I just got off the phone with Disney had a few questions about the military tickets. During the conversation I was told the following. The promotion has been extended until Sept 2012. Not sure about this part but you may only buy 6 tickets from Oct 2010 until Sept 2012. This was just put out the past couple of days. So the websites have not been updated yet. I was told to keep checking them.

Chesire Figment - can you confirm this is accurate? Only 6 passes per person for a two year period?

Thanks!

I am trying to work my way through the chain at Ticketing Services. I have already told two people that questions are being asked and that there should be a clarification on the internal site. When I find out I will definitely post the information.

And, to complicate matters further, the military states that the service member or spouse may purchase up to six tickets and only make this purchase once, while the Disney internal procedures state that to activate presold, or purchase new, tickets for six the service member must be present and without the service member being present the limit is five.

Not to complicate matters....but I cannot for the life of me remember whether or not we have already used this entitlement. We have had AP's since March 2010, so I would assume that we would still be eligible (haven't bought any other tickets in that time frame). Anyone?

I am trying to work my way through the chain at Ticketing Services. I have already told two people that questions are being asked and that there should be a clarification on the internal site. When I find out I will definitely post the information.

And, to complicate matters further, the military states that the service member or spouse may purchase up to six tickets and only make this purchase once, while the Disney internal procedures state that to activate presold, or purchase new, tickets for six the service member must be present and without the service member being present the limit is five.

Thanks so much!

Not to complicate matters....but I cannot for the life of me remember whether or not we have already used this entitlement. We have had AP's since March 2010, so I would assume that we would still be eligible (haven't bought any other tickets in that time frame). Anyone?

Yes, you are eligible. This promotion began in Oct 2010, as a new promotion.

oh that will be a bummer if you can only go once in the 2 years. We went in Dec 2010 when dh came back from Afghanistan, and were looking forward to a trip in spring of 2012 when he comes back from Afghanistan again.

oh that will be a bummer if you can only go once in the 2 years. We went in Dec 2010 when dh came back from Afghanistan, and were looking forward to a trip in spring of 2012 when he comes back from Afghanistan again.

Dec '10 is during the current promotion which ends 1 Oct '11 the next separate promotion will start after that, according to the Manager of Disney Military Sales.

Dec '10 is during the current promotion which ends 1 Oct '11 the next separate promotion will start after that, according to the Manager of Disney Military Sales.

So would that mean we can buy 6 tickets per AD member per promotion for a grand total of 12 tickets?

That is very much what we are hoping will be the case!

We have been hearing conflicting reports so I hope Disney clarifies on their web site soon. Hoping to buy tix for next year when we are down there next week.

We were there last week. We bought 2 tickets and they don't expire til 2012. We only used 2 days of ours,so we have 2 days that we can use, and have till 2012 to do it in. We still have 4 tickets we can buy. It worked good for us, but I do see the problem if people bought all 6 tickets this year and also planned on buying 6 tickets next year.

Ok so I am totally confused now. I havn't taken advantage of the military promotion since 2009 when it was 5 days for $125 with water parks. At that time I was allowed to purchase the total amount of tickets available (as spouse). We used 4 of them right away, and then I used the remaining one later than fall when my husband went and got his free ticket. It was my understanding at the time, that once the ticket was activated, it needed to be used within 14 days of first day of use. So we used our 5 days along with the water parks consecutively. I then used the remaining 5 day hopper in the fall with my husband.

From what you are saying, you can use only 2 of the days on the ticket and then use the other two days several months later? Is this confirmed?

I wonder if it is only at the Disney Ticket windows that this applies? I purchased my tickets at SOG and was able to purchase the limit and I am a spouse - my husband was not there when they were purchased.

From what you are saying, you can use only 2 of the days on the ticket and then use the other two days several months later? Is this confirmed?

Yes, they are 4 day hopper tickets that are good until the expiration date. We used ours last year over two visits 6 months apart.

Here is how is worked for us. My husband is retired military. We went May 12-16. Went to DTD to guest services to purchase our tickets. We bought 2. One for me , one for husband. Yes we had to pay tax, it was easier than trying to get to SOG. He told us these are good til 2012 of Oct. That is all so what it says on the back of the ticket. We only went to parks 2 days, so we still have 2 days left on these tickets to use up to Oct 2012 We did get the tickets last year also for the military offer. I asked the guy if I come back without the husband, can I still buy the other 4 tickets. He had me write all my info down and put it in the computer for future reference. I do not need husband there to get them.So I think the big question here is if you use all 6 tickets in 2011, can you get 6 more in 2012?:confused3

... So I think the big question here is if you use all 6 tickets in 2011, can you get 6 more in 2012?:confused3

Yes, that is the clarification that is needed. I have read many posts from Cheshire Figment (in this thread alone) that he is constantly monitoring the situation. And everyone here on the boards has the utmost confidence in him.

Because of the lack of response from the Military and WDW, I am getting a bad feeling. Hope my instincts are wrong. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter