2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

So I think the big question here is if you use all 6 tickets in 2011, can you get 6 more in 2012?:confused3

I think the question should be clarified..

If we used all 6 tickets which expired Oct 1, 2011 can we still get 6 more which expire Oct 1, 2012? The tix they are selling now are the ones which expire in 2012 and I believe we can only get 6 of those even if buying in 2011 prior to the original deadline of Oct 1.

That seems unfair to all those who bought tickets and were told they expired Oct 1, 2011. Now they are to be told the special six-ticket purchase expires in 2012? Can you imagine how many people arranged their Disney trips to make it within the first deadline? Now the deadline is extended a year, but since they already purchased six tickets, they are S-O-L? I sincerely hope this information is incorrect. :guilty:

How are they S-O-L if they already bought them and used them? Guess we were S-O-L because we chose to go to WDW during F&W after the offer expired. Nobody made them go to Disney during that time period just to save a few bucks.....just like nobody made us lose out on the deal because the timing stunk for us. :confused3. I'm excited they extended it, now we will be able to take advantage of the offer next December :banana::banana:

Yes, they are 4 day hopper tickets that are good until the expiration date. We used ours last year over two visits 6 months apart.

Thanks..that is good to know and I wish I had known that earlier while we were just there in May.

Will the requirement of purchasing the tickets by September 28, 2011 and activating them by October 1, 2011 still apply? I didn't get the tickets a few weeks ago when I was there because I didn't think I would get to the parks until after October 1st and had hoped a new promotion would start by then. Am I out of luck now? ****Nevermind...I see the updated information on the SOG website that states we can purchase them through September 30, 2012! Whew****
Now my other question...I read this thread from the beginning and someone stated that they were not enforcing the requirement that all tickets be purchased at the same time at SOG...is this true? I would love to be able to buy some of the tickets now and some later rather than buying them all at once - especially since they now run through 2012.

In any case...this is a great value, much better than the cast discount tickets that our daughter could purchase for us and I appreciate that we are able to have such a great discount on the tickets.

When I broke the story of the 2012 extension, I point blank asked the Manager of Disney's Military Sales Department on the phone if 1. the two offers were separate? A. They are. And If you use the current offer will you be eligible for the Oct 11-Sep 12 offer? A. Yes.

I know it's very frustrating that the details have not been released. Disney is still working the details out i.e. coordinating with the U.S. Military about its role in the eligibility setting and purchasing process, and second, getting the right blockout dates for 2012 which ties into their whole attendance estimates and marketing plan for that time period.

Now my other question...I read this thread from the beginning and someone stated that they were not enforcing the requirement that all tickets be purchased at the same time at SOG...is this true? I would love to be able to buy some of the tickets now and some later rather than buying them all at once - especially since they now run through 2012.
I do not know if SoG is enforcing the requirement that all tickets be bought at the same time.

However, according to the official internal information at WDW Ticketing this is not a requirement. Tickets may be purchased and/or activated at any time, as long as the total number does not exceed six.

But also, our rules state that to activate six tickets the service member must be present; if activated by a spouse or unremarried widow the limit is five.

When I broke the story of the 2012 extension, I point blank asked the Manager of Disney's Military Sales Department on the phone if 1. the two offers were separate? A. They are. And If you use the current offer will you be eligible for the Oct 11-Sep 12 offer? A. Yes.
I do not know how you contacted the Military Sales Department. On the official Disney Ticketing information it clearly states that this is an extension and not a separate program. As of this time there appears to be a six ticket limit over the two year period. I have contacted people in Ticket Services to get this clarified and posted with the official information.

IBut also, our rules state that to activate six tickets the service member must be present; if activated by a spouse or unremarried widow the limit is five.

Sorry..still confused. Activate or purchase? If it is my husband purchasing the tickets his limit is six tickets correct? But what if he purchases them but is not with me when I activate one of the tickets? Do you mean that as his spouse, I can only activate 5 of the six tickets? When I did this in 2009 the limit was 5 tickets plus the free ticket for the service member. I purchased the 5 tickets in June of that year at SOG without my husband present and activated 4 of the tickets during that trip. I went again with my husband in September, he got his free ticket and I used the remaining ticket and I was the one that activated my ticket.

Sorry for being just a bit confused but any info would be appreciated.

I do not know if SoG is enforcing the requirement that all tickets be bought at the same time.

However, according to the official internal information at WDW Ticketing this is not a requirement. Tickets may be purchased and/or activated at any time, as long as the total number does not exceed six.

But also, our rules state that to activate six tickets the service member must be present; if activated by a spouse or unremarried widow the limit is five.

I do not know how you contacted the Military Sales Department. On the official Disney Ticketing information it clearly states that this is an extension and not a separate program. As of this time there appears to be a six ticket limit over the two year period. I have contacted people in Ticket Services to get this clarified and posted with the official information.

No, they are not, I asked when we purchased 2 tickets in Dec 2010, and again in April 2011, at which time, the saleslady was actually trying to get us to purchase 2 of our 4 remaining tickets, even though we only needed 1 day base tickets. Both ladies told me that some MWR/ITT offices were requiring it but you have to ask at each office.

Suzanne

I used 1 of these tickets in Nov 2010 and then purchased 3 more in March 2011 with no problems!!

I have a tkt that I didn't use that has the 1Oct10 expiration, it still expires 1Oct10 correct???

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Sorry..still confused. Activate or purchase? If it is my husband purchasing the tickets his limit is six tickets correct? But what if he purchases them but is not with me when I activate one of the tickets? Do you mean that as his spouse, I can only activate 5 of the six tickets? When I did this in 2009 the limit was 5 tickets plus the free ticket for the service member. I purchased the 5 tickets in June of that year at SOG without my husband present and activated 4 of the tickets during that trip. I went again with my husband in September, he got his free ticket and I used the remaining ticket and I was the one that activated my ticket.

Sorry for being just a bit confused but any info would be appreciated.
At the WDW windows there are two possibilities.

One is to activate tickets purchased at SoG or MRW/ITT.

The other is to purchase and simultaneously activate tickets at the windows.

Note that "activate" is the operative word in both phrases. So as far as WDW ticketing is concerned it does not matter if the tickets are purchased on or off-site, the activation of five without the service member present is the limit, or six with the service member present. And this is for the length of the offer.

I used 1 of these tickets in Nov 2010 and then purchased 3 more in March 2011 with no problems!!

I have a tkt that I didn't use that has the 1Oct10 expiration, it still expires 1Oct10 correct???

Thanks!!!!!!!!
If you have a ticket that says it has an expiration of October 1, 2010 it has expired. If that was a typo, and the ticket has an expiration date of 1 Oct 2011 that has been extended to 30 Sep 2012.

I do not know how you contacted the Military Sales Department.

I contacted them both by email and telephone. I have access to both as I have communicated with that department before. I personally spoke with them about the offer and I am just relaying what I was told.

Thanks

I contacted them both by email and telephone. I have access to both as I have communicated with that department before. I personally spoke with them about the offer and I am just relaying what I was told.

Thanks

Thanks! I recognize the SOG Mickey in your pic....isn't that a lovely resort? Me and DH got married in their gazebo in '09. I think we hold the record of cheapest Disney World wedding at $125 LOL....renting the gazebo cost less than our wedding cake at the Grand Flordian afterwards. :rotfl:

I don't know if SOG's info is correct but it states that the next tickets will not be available or valid until October 25th (which really stinks for us as we usually go during Fall break) so that would not really be an extension but a new program.

I hope all of this can get figured out soon.

I don't know if SOG's info is correct but it states that the next tickets will not be available or valid until October 25th (which really stinks for us as we usually go during Fall break) so that would not really be an extension but a new program.

I also thought at first read on the SOG site that we would just miss the new promotion as we plan a few days stay after a cruise beginning on Oct. 22, but then re-read it and it states that the promo period is from October 25, 2010 through September 30, 2012.

I checked Shades site and it says 25 Oct 2010-30 Sept 2012. That was the start of the current offer.

They also show blockout dates for the new offer.

I'll do some checking with my contacts and post what I find.

This is from Disney's Military Sales website:
"Check back soon for details on the 2012 special offer
for members of the military and their families"
This statement makes it sound as though it is a new offer coming out, not an extension of the current offer. :confused3

If this is an extension, do we get updated tickets with the new expiration on them or will ours automatically work until Oct. 1, 2012?

While this is a military discount this is NOT up to SoG......yes I have contacts too.....Shades can ONLY go by what Disney decides to do.....so Disney has the FINAL say: right now this is what is posteded on SoG website:which I just posted before!

Walt Disney World's Armed Forces Salute 2011 /2012

From October 25, 2010 through Sept. 30, 2012 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $138 each
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Parks Fun and More Option for $138 each, AND
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More Options for $165 each
Offer Details:

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased Oct. 24, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2012 at Shades of Green ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
"Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Shades of Green will require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) who purchase Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort for themselves and their family members and friends will be required to activate those Tickets at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows, no later than Oct. 1, 2012, in order for those Tickets to be used. Valid military identification will be required.
No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort will not be valid unless and until activated (no later than Oct. 1, 2012).
Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be used ONLY by the Eligible Service Members, spouses, other family members or friends for whom they are purchased. In addition, a valid military ID may be required for admission.
Disney Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) expire and may not be used after Oct. 1, 2012. In addition, Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: July 4, 2011, December 26 - 31, 2011, April 1 - 12, 2012 and July 4, 2012 at Magic Kingdom Park.

We just booked SOG for Labor Day Weekend and alittle beyond--for only $87. and change a night. Normally it would have cost us $133.00. Its their Fall Special Rate. We are also at PO Riverside and Beach Club during our stay- but we love SOG and for that rate we couldn't resist.

Thanks! I recognize the SOG Mickey in your pic....isn't that a lovely resort? Me and DH got married in their gazebo in '09. I think we hold the record of cheapest Disney World wedding at $125 LOL....renting the gazebo cost less than our wedding cake at the Grand Flordian afterwards. :rotfl:

That’s awesome! The gazebo is very nice, I’ve seen it fixed up for a wedding before.

If you have a ticket that says it has an expiration of October 1, 2010 it has expired. If that was a typo, and the ticket has an expiration date of 1 Oct 2011 that has been extended to 30 Sep 2012.[/QUOTE]

YES, what you said...it expires Sept 2012 now!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Today I contacted the Sales Director at Disney’s Military Sales Department to see if there were any official updates.

I posted full details on my site but here is a quick brief:

The two offers (Oct 10-1 Oct 11 and the extension through 30 Sept 2012) are separate offers and military members are eligible for 6 tickets per offer.

Tickets being sold now have expiration dates of 30 Sept 2012, but that doesn’t exclude the member from purchasing again for the use in the following year.

WDW blockout dates: July 4, 2011, December 26 – 31, 2011, April 1 – 12, 2012 and July 4, 2012 at Magic Kingdom Park. DL and resort blockout dates coming soon.

Sounds like the transition will be seamless. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter