2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

Ok help me understand something....so we are going for 8 days in May....can MH buy 5 tickets and I buy 5 tickets and we stack them to cover the 8 days?

Ok help me understand something....so we are going for 8 days in May....can MH buy 5 tickets and I buy 5 tickets and we stack them to cover the 8 days?

No, each service member may buy a total of 6 4-day tickets. Whether you purchase them or he purchases them, his "account" only gets a total of 6 tickets.

Cheshire Figment - does the military member need to be present at the time of admission to teh parks, as has been needed in the past? (for Disney World)

I called Disneyland today, and they said there that the MM would not need to be present at the time of admission - that what people would get when they buy tickets on base is an actual ticket, with their name on it - and they'd need ID to enter, but it wouldn't have to be military ID. Is this accurate? (I know in the past there have been conflicting reports from phone CMs)

Not Chershine Figment, but I can answer this.

The military member does not need to be present, as long as the spouse is. My daughter and I went last month using the military salute tickets, my husband is in the middle east.

Also, the tickets that you get have no names on them. That is incorrect. They are inactivated and only say "Disney Military Salute Tickets". They are useless until they are activated at a ticket window, and then they are attached to you buy your fingerprint, not a name. You only need to show your military ID once, at the time of activation, where the ticket window CM takes your name, the service member's name, you address, your phone number, and your duty station. After that, whoever you buy tickets for can go whereever they want, you don't have to stick together.

Not Chershine Figment, but I can answer this.

The military member does not need to be present, as long as the spouse is. My daughter and I went last month using the military salute tickets, my husband is in the middle east.

Also, the tickets that you get have no names on them. That is incorrect. They are inactivated and only say "Disney Military Salute Tickets". They are useless until they are activated at a ticket window, and then they are attached to you buy your fingerprint, not a name. You only need to show your military ID once, at the time of activation, where the ticket window CM takes your name, the service member's name, you address, your phone number, and your duty station. After that, whoever you buy tickets for can go whereever they want, you don't have to stick together.

Did you have to present a copy of his orders to purchase the tickets? TIA!!

Cheshire Figment - does the military member need to be present at the time of admission to the parks, as has been needed in the past? (for Disney World)

I called Disneyland today, and they said there that the MM would not need to be present at the time of admission - that what people would get when they buy tickets on base is an actual ticket, with their name on it - and they'd need ID to enter, but it wouldn't have to be military ID. Is this accurate? (I know in the past there have been conflicting reports from phone CMs)
Once the tickets are activated the service member (or spouse) does not have to be present for actual admission to the Park.

For the Military Salute program the tickets sold other than at the Parks are certificates which must be activated; once they are activated they become live tickets.

If they are sold at a Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office they are live tickets at that time, but again they may only be purchased by an eligible person.

If both of you are service members with active duty IDs the answer is yes. If one person is the service member and the other only has a DD1173 indicating Spouse, the answer is no. All the sales are registered under the service members name and birth date.
crostorfer said:
Also, the tickets that you get have no names on them. That is incorrect. They are inactivated and only say "Disney Military Salute Tickets". They are useless until they are activated at a ticket window, and then they are attached to you buy your fingerprint, not a name.
This is not fully correct. At the time of activation the name and birth date of each person getting a ticket is put into the Automated Ticketing System which ties the person to the service member.

The plastic tickets purchased at MWR/ITT or SoG do not have a name on them. However, if a ticket is replaced or upgraded, with a new ticket being printed, or the purchase is done at a Park window, the ticket will have the person's name on it.

Ok so how about if MH buys 5 at his base and another member of his unit buys 5 then can we stack them if the other service member isnt travelling with us?

Cheshire Figment said:
"If they are sold at a Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office they are live tickets at that time, but again they may only be purchased by an eligible person."

So are these tickets being sold at park ticket windows/guest relations or just at SOG?

6 of us are going to WDW with a friend whose husband is active military. Four in the party arrive Sunday, Nov 7 while my daughter and I arrive Monday, Nov 8.

Our friend whose husband is active military called her ticket office in San Antonio a few weeks ago and at that time she was told the military tickets they had (not much of a discount from Undercovertourist) were only for military and their families, not friends. So I am not sure what they will tell her about these new tickets or if her ticket office will even be able to get them time for the Nov 7 departure.

Ok so how about if MH buys 5 at his base and another member of his unit buys 5 then can we stack them if the other service member isnt travelling with us?

I believe the answer is NO. The Military member or his spouse can only activate the 6 tickets he/she is entitled to. The only way you are going to be able to buy/use more then 6 tickets is if you have 2 Military members and/ or spouses buy the tickets AND be present to activate them.

Ok so how about if MH buys 5 at his base and another member of his unit buys 5 then can we stack them if the other service member isn't traveling with us?
You can buy the tickets on base, but no more than six tickets may be activated at any time during the year by a service member. The only exception to this rule is if the service member has more than five dependents and they are traveling together. And each dependent age 10 or older must provide their DD173 showing the relationship.

If you follow your concept, you will have ten tickets; six of them will be activated and the other four will be money down the drain unless another military family activates and uses them.

Cheshire Figment said:
"If they are sold at a Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office they are live tickets at that time, but again they may only be purchased by an eligible person."

So are these tickets being sold at park ticket windows/guest relations or just at SOG?

6 of us are going to WDW with a friend whose husband is active military. Four in the party arrive Sunday, Nov 7 while my daughter and I arrive Monday, Nov 8.

Our friend whose husband is active military called her ticket office in San Antonio a few weeks ago and at that time she was told the military tickets they had (not much of a discount from Undercovertourist) were only for military and their families, not friends. So I am not sure what they will tell her about these new tickets or if her ticket office will even be able to get them time for the Nov 7 departure.
Their are two categories of tickets sold at MWR/ITT or SoG.

They are the Military Salute Tickets being discussed in this thread, and the regular discounted MYW tickets sold without sales tax.

In your situation the friend who is the service member can purchase and activate all six tickets on Sunday (will need name and date of birth for you and your daughter) and them give you the tickets on Monday when you arrive and they will be live and ready to use.

And the Armed Forces Salute Tickets are for service members, family and friends.

Once the tickets are activated the service member (or spouse) does not have to be present for actual admission to the Park.

For the Military Salute program the tickets sold other than at the Parks are certificates which must be activated; once they are activated they become live tickets.

If they are sold at a Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office they are live tickets at that time, but again they may only be purchased by an eligible person.

Cheshire Figment-
To clarify I am asking about Disneyland, not WDW (though I know this is a WDW board). The verbiage on the two seems to be different. From mousesavers, anyways - it says the tickets for DL MUST be purchased on base - they can't be bought at the door. There is no mention of vouchers.

HOwever, for WDW it specifically says only vouchers can be purchased at the base/ITT prior, but can also be purchased at the gate.

The Disneyland forum here seems to support that if buying for DL, you will get actual tickets before you get to CA, as people said they had to fill out forms with their names at the base ITT office, and teh actual tickets are being mailed to them with their names on them ahead of the trip...

It seems DL and WDW always handle this differently (I know they did the last time DH and I went to DL with t his offer)- What source do I trust? I know CMs aren't infallible - but there should be something out there that's specific, i would think? Is there somewhere else at DL to call?

ETA: I hope this isn't coming across as snarky - it's not meant to be :) I'm just trying to answer questions for some other people, and I want to get them accurate information.

just saying that serving a person's country should make no difference whatsoever. this is a subject that i will stand for.

i fight the same war as other people in afgan. we belong to NATO (google that), have a US/CAN agrement... etc. and we all do the same job (fight wathever there is to fight)

seaworld does it (used to be AB with the salute the troops pass).

alright CANADIANGUY (MOD) dont ban me, i will not speak about this anymore.

Someone posted on a different thread that the tickets have to be used in 'consecutive days'. Not sure if this is accurate or what it means. :confused3 We would like to use two days, have a day at the pool, and then use the other two days. Can you do this? Split it up within a week?

The tickets are valid any four days from date of activation through October 1, 2011.

If you have the WPF&M tickets you actually can use the tickets up to eight days, for at the major parks and four separate days, if you wish, at the minor parks.

The tickets are valid any four days from date of activation through October 1, 2011.

If you have the WPF&M tickets you actually can use the tickets up to eight days, for at the major parks and four separate days, if you wish, at the minor parks.

How is that possible? If the tickets are only for 4 days... I am confused :confused3:confused3 TIA

Cheshire Figment-
To clarify I am asking about Disneyland, not WDW (though I know this is a WDW board). The verbiage on the two seems to be different. From mousesavers, anyways - it says the tickets for DL MUST be purchased on base - they can't be bought at the door. There is no mention of vouchers.

HOwever, for WDW it specifically says only vouchers can be purchased at the base/ITT prior, but can also be purchased at the gate.

The Disneyland forum here seems to support that if buying for DL, you will get actual tickets before you get to CA, as people said they had to fill out forms with their names at the base ITT office, and teh actual tickets are being mailed to them with their names on them ahead of the trip...

It seems DL and WDW always handle this differently (I know they did the last time DH and I went to DL with t his offer)- What source do I trust? I know CMs aren't infallible - but there should be something out there that's specific, i would think? Is there somewhere else at DL to call?

ETA: I hope this isn't coming across as snarky - it's not meant to be :) I'm just trying to answer questions for some other people, and I want to get them accurate information.

Here's my experience from 2009, when Disneyland last offered the 3 day hopper salute tickets.

My husband is a reservist. We had an opportunity to visit SoCal and decided to extend that to a trip to Disneyland when the offer was first released. We don't have an ITR nearby (closest one is in Columbus 120 miles away) and since we're in the midwest....disneyland tickets probably have to be special ordered anyway, so we called Camp Pendleton's MWR office because they sell over the phone and FedEx them to you. We ordered his free ticket and 3 for myself and 2 kids. We did this within a few days of the offer's release date. A few months later my husband invited my mother to join us, and I called and ordered one more ticket. What arrived looked just like tickets, but still had to be activated at the DL ticket window with the CAC. The CM at the window took our vouchers/tickets, asked us to write down the names of each person in our party we were exchanging a ticket for and printed us new tickets with the names on them. We then had "live" tickets that looked no different from the original ones we were sent by Camp Pendleton.

Hope that helps and that they're handling things the same way.

regards

What arrived looked just like tickets, but still had to be activated at the DL ticket window with the CAC.

That was our experience in 2009 as well. Reports on the DIS' Disneyland board this year, from people who've taken advantage of this already, are that the procedure has been changed...which is what the person on the phone at the Disneyland ticket office told me yesterday as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter