2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

There is no restriction, so thay could have three trips of two tickets each or whatever. Just that they cannot exceed a total of six tickets.

One more question for you chesire, do you know if this is a continuation of the 2010 year for the tickets or is this for 2011 just with early days:confused3? Here is the scenario I am asking

In may 2010 we used 2 of the Military salute tickets for my husband and I. We would have 4 left if this is a continuation of 2010 Military salute.

If this is 2011 salute, then does that imply that our ticket count started over and we have 6 more tickets we can purchase or is it just the 4:confused3:.

I apologize in advance if I seem to be difficult, that is not my intention:flower3: Thanks In advance :goodvibes

One more question for you chesire, do you know if this is a continuation of the 2010 year for the tickets or is this for 2011 just with early days:confused3? Here is the scenario I am asking

In may 2010 we used 2 of the Military salute tickets for my husband and I. We would have 4 left if this is a continuation of 2010 Military salute.

If this is 2011 salute, then does that imply that our ticket count started over and we have 6 more tickets we can purchase or is it just the 4:confused3:.

I apologize in advance if I seem to be difficult, that is not my intention:flower3: Thanks In advance :goodvibes

This is a completely new program. So everybody is starting back at zero.

I read somewhere that one of the 6 tickets MUST be for the service member. Is this true? I have my own FL Res Seasonal Pass so have no need for a ticket of my own, however I would love to share some Disney love with my family members (6 of which are coming over two different trips next month). Can you please clarify this for me CF? Thanks!!

Can one take advantage of the offer at *both* Disney World and Disneyland (6 tickets at each place)? Or is it an either or thing? We are considering taking a trip out to CA next summer, but have already planned a trip to WDW in January.

In 2009 we were able to buy them for both parks. We went to Disneyland in May and WDW in October. I was told (by the guest relations ticket office) the offers were separate as the parks operate separately. Information for one doesn't cross over to the other.

regards

Thanks CF! Great news - now I may have to plan a 2011 trip to take advantage of this perk...!

Cheshire, can you re-comfirm the blackout dates? Mousesavers is reporting December blackout dates starting on the 17th, you posted the 27th. We will be there the 12-19 so this is a BIG factor for me. I've looked at many sites and I'm getting nowhere. Which is it?

Thanks!

Cheshire, can you re-comfirm the blackout dates? Mousesavers is reporting December blackout dates starting on the 17th, you posted the 27th. We will be there the 12-19 so this is a BIG factor for me. I've looked at many sites and I'm getting nowhere. Which is it?

Thanks!

We are there the week leading up to Christmas and I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of this offer! Fingers crossed that Mousesavers posted the wrong dates!

Thanks!
I am looking at the two-page long printed notice (a pdf file on The Hub) which is the official internal ticketing announcement and that is my source for the dates. Possibly Mary from Mousesavers made a typo.

just got off the phone with SOG and they confirmed the Dec 17-31 blackout dates.

She also confirmed that there is no Base Ticket offer. She wasn't sure why. It is what it is.

2010-2011 Special Ticket Offer for Military

From 10/24/10-9/28/11, active or retired US military personnel may purchase up to a maximum of six 4-Day Miliary Promotional Tickets with your choice of either the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More option for $138 per ticket, plus tax, to be used by themselves, family members (including spouse) or friends. If you wish, you can upgrade to both the Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More options. In that case the total cost is $165 plus tax per ticket. No Base Ticket is available with this offer.

These tickets must be activated by 10/1/11. The tickets expire and may not be used after 10/1/11. Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets (including any options) for the Walt Disney World Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: 12/17/10-12/31/10 and 4/17/11-4/23/11 at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks and other gated attractions; and 7/4/11 at Magic Kingdom Park.

How to Get the Tickets

You can pre-purchase the tickets (in the form of an exchange voucher) at Shades of Green or at a military base (MWR/ITT office), TAX-FREE! The exchange voucher is then taken to a Main Entrance theme park ticket window, where it is exchanged for the actual ticket (activated).

The military tickets can also be purchased at the Main Entrance theme park ticket windows, but if you do this, you must pay tax.

Rules

These tickets are for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard, with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased 10/24/10 - 9/28/11 at participating US military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends. These tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six must be purchased at the same time.

As an exception, if the immediate family has more than five dependents, additional tickets may be purchased, but not to exceed the number of dependents. If the immediate family has more than five dependents tickets may not be purchased for guests.

The tickets may be upgraded to Seasonal (for Florida Residents) or Annual Passes, with credit toward the upgrade based on the actual price paid.

No Expiration Option cannot be added to these tickets. No other upgrades, such as adding additional days, will be available.

Tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days.

This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

Where to Ask Questions

If you have questions about this promotion, I strongly recommend that you call Shades of Green directly and ask them. They seem to have the best handle on all the various issues involved with the military tickets.

From Mousesavers.com

Just to second this, this information IS correct. I called the ticket office at Shades of Green first thing yesterday morning and spoke to Betty. They began selling them yesterday morning.

I read somewhere that one of the 6 tickets MUST be for the service member. Is this true? I have my own FL Res Seasonal Pass so have no need for a ticket of my own, however I would love to share some Disney love with my family members (6 of which are coming over two different trips next month). Can you please clarify this for me CF? Thanks!!

Don't want this to get buried in all the thread-merging. Anyone know the answer to this one?

Don't want this to get buried in all the thread-merging. Anyone know the answer to this one?

Not really. Some of the CM's will ask you to write names on the backs of the tickets, others won't. Anyone can use it...no one has ever checked us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter