2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

Don't want this to get buried in all the thread-merging. Anyone know the answer to this one?

My daughter and I went last month, while my husband was in Afganistan. As long as you have a dependant ID, the military member does not have to be with you.

just got off the phone with SOG and they confirmed the Dec 17-31 blackout dates.

She also confirmed that there is no Base Ticket offer. She wasn't sure why. It is what it is.

CRAP>..I gave out misinformation.:confused3 SOG confirmed the blackout dates are Dec 26-31. Sorry about that

CRAP>..I gave out misinformation.:confused3 SOG confirmed the blackout dates are Dec 26-31. Sorry about that

Disney's release says that blackouts dates are 12/27-12/31. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the offer at both Disneyland and WDW or is it one or the other?

2010-2011 Special Ticket Offer for Military

From 10/24/10-9/28/11, active or retired US military personnel may purchase up to a maximum of six 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $99 per ticket, to be used by themselves, family members (including spouse) or friends.

The tickets expire and may not be used after 10/1/11. Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for the Disneyland Resort may not be used on the following blockout dates: 12/24/10-1/1/11; 2/18/11-2/21/11; 4/17/11-4/23/11; and 7/1/11-7/4/11 at the Disneyland Theme Parks.

How to Get the Tickets

You must pre-purchase the tickets at a military base (MWR/ITT office).

Rules

These tickets are for active or retired members of the US military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the US Coast Guard, with a valid military ID card. Dept of Defense (CIA, FBI, Secret Service) and Coalition Forces are excluded.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased 10/24/10 - 9/28/11 at participating US military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members or their spouses (but not both), for themselves and other family members and friends. These tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six must be purchased at the same time.

The tickets may be upgraded to Annual Passes, with credit toward the upgrade based on the actual price paid. No other upgrades, such as adding additional days, will be available.

Tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days.

This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

Where to Ask Questions

If you have questions about this promotion, I strongly recommend that you call your local base MWR/ITT directly and ask them.

I've only ever purchased these at ITT, but seeing as I'll be there in 10 days, there's no time for that.

Questions for CF:
1. DH is a reservist. I have a pink spouse ID card--he won't be there. I want to make sure that's ok? Do I need anything else?

2. Do I have to buy all 5 at once? I'm going on a trip with girlfriends and will be buying 5 tickets, but was wondering if I can buy and activate them, but they pay? So they'd each be a separate transaction and at different times. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Disney's release says that blackouts dates are 12/27-12/31. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if I can take advantage of the offer at both Disneyland and WDW or is it one or the other?

yes, you are right...I am a font of misinformation today. I apologize:confused:

I've only ever purchased these at ITT, but seeing as I'll be there in 10 days, there's no time for that.

Questions for CF:
1. DH is a reservist. I have a pink spouse ID card--he won't be there. I want to make sure that's ok? Do I need anything else?

2. Do I have to buy all 5 at once? I'm going on a trip with girlfriends and will be buying 5 tickets, but was wondering if I can buy and activate them, but they pay? So they'd each be a separate transaction and at different times. Does that make sense?

Don't know if this helps but, my mother-in-law was with us and showed her i.d., then we paid for our tickets. :thumbsup2

While I am extremely grateful for the discounted price, I really wish that we could add additional days. We were hoping to go for a week. But a deal like this makes it so worth it to only get the 4 day. Maybe we will do Universal as well.

While I am extremely grateful for the discounted price, I really wish that we could add additional days. We were hoping to go for a week. But a deal like this makes it so worth it to only get the 4 day. Maybe we will do Universal as well.

Just in case you might be interested, Sea World is doing a buy one day get one day free promotion. I'd also look into military discounted tickets, too. If your interested in it just check the disboard under "Sea World/Discovery Cove". It's pepsi-something (sorry, I just can't remember). I also recieved an email recently for Discovery Cove (TOTALLY awesome experience if within your budget!) and then you can go to Sea World for free.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Questions for CF:

As long as you have a DD1173 that says "SP" in the Relationship field you will not have a problem.

It is much less complicated to do all five in one transaction, and there will be less chance of errors. If you have access to a MWR/ITT office you can buy the in advance and have each of the others reimburse you even before the trip; then activate all at once.

At the ticket windows (and Guest Relations) we are limited to three payment types for any transaction. Each separate card is considered a separate payment type. Multiple Disney Gift Cards may be used, with all Cards together considered one payment type.

As long as you have a DD1173 that says "SP" in the Relationship field you will not have a problem.

It is much less complicated to do all five in one transaction, and there will be less chance of errors. If you have access to a MWR/ITT office you can buy the in advance and have each of the others reimburse you even before the trip; then activate all at once.

At the ticket windows (and Guest Relations) we are limited to three payment types for any transaction. Each separate card is considered a separate payment type. Multiple Disney Gift Cards may be used, with all Cards together considered one payment type.

Thank you so much! I can't get them at ITT since we leave in 9 days and they have to order the tickets--return time is 5-10 business days. Just not enough time. I'm not complaining, though--just thrilled that I can use the deal!:cool1:

ETA--Any trouble activating them at separate times? Say 2, then a couple of hours later, 2 more, then 1 more the next day?

Dumb question but does anyone know if the new military tickets can be purchased at SOG? I keep reading at MWR/ITT offices and am not sure if SOG counts. TIA!

SOG posted the details and it says, "In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse." Here's the link:

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY2011.htm

Thanks for that. However, SOG hasn't always been 100% accurate, so CF, if you could weigh in on what you know, that would be fantastic. :worship:

In case my previous post wasn't clear - *I* am the active duty member, however I already have a FL Res Seasonal Pass (and so do my spouse and child), therefore don't require one/any of the new Salute tickets for me or my immediate family. I DO have 6 family members/friends coming to visit within the next year, with whom I'd love to share the tickets with, if possible.

Additionally, I'm not understanding the need to purchase all 6 at one shot, particularly if they don't necessarily have to be activated at the same time - or am I missing that element of it? If Disney has the ability to track within their system how many tickets have been activated per service member, why couldn't you buy 2 now, and then 4 later, if you don't need them all at once?

Am I also correct in assuming that once the tickets are activated at WDW, with the military member present, the new ticket holders can go off on their own, and don't need the military member with them on future dates/visits?

I went by MacDill AFB's ITT office today and the person I spoke with didn't know anything about the ticket deal. I found that odd, since we're so close to WDW. :confused3 But, I'll keep trying there. I know SoG is an available option as well.

and once again nothing for canadian military

I hear you. :sad1: But, note, nothing for any other country's military stationed in the 'States, either. You'd think there'd be discounts for French, Japanese and Chinese, at least (because of the parks in those countries).

A service member may purchase (or activate) up to six ticketsduring the period. A spouse (or unremarried widow) may purchase (or activate) up to five tickets during the period.

and once again nothing for canadian military

I don't mean to offend, but why would there be? I would never expect to be given a military discount from Canada. This is the United States, we give a discount to our military. In Canada, I'd expect a military discount to go to theirs. A military discount in any country besides my own would never ever cross my mind.

A service member may purchase (or activate) up to six ticketsduring the period. A spouse (or unremarried widow) may purchase (or activate) up to five tickets during the period.

Cheshire Figment - does the military member need to be present at the time of admission to teh parks, as has been needed in the past? (for Disney World)

I called Disneyland today, and they said there that the MM would not need to be present at the time of admission - that what people would get when they buy tickets on base is an actual ticket, with their name on it - and they'd need ID to enter, but it wouldn't have to be military ID. Is this accurate? (I know in the past there have been conflicting reports from phone CMs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter