• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Dining Plan Released

Both Disney Travel and a staff member at Big River Grill told me yesterday that Big River was on the plan for 2007.

Hopefully the brochure is just waaay off

bicker said:
The restauants that are gone appear to all be the non-Disney owned restaurants, so I wouldn't expect more departures next year, since I believe all the restauants that are left are owned by Disney.

I wonder if the restaurants no longer listed opted out of the plan, or did Disney decide that only their own restaurants should benefit from the plan.

I know that the last time we ate at Alfredo's in Epcot some of the employees were talking about the DDP and how they seemed to think it ruined the whole dining experience. Heck, our waiter was complaining to use (never should have happened) about how some people were paying OOP for certain meals but did not tip for the added expense. Unfortunately we encountered several CM's who did not think the DP worked for them. Our waiter happened to say, "People use to come in and dine and now it's more of a cattle call instead of dining."

Hopefully now the food will be back to where it was pre DDP. Some of the food really went downhill after the DP was implemented.

I wouldn't count on it. First, the restaurants no longer listed are as likely as not to still be participating by the time next year begins, so this is all as likely as not to be a tempest in a teapot. Beyond that, the changes in the menus reflect a broader change in the expectations of guests-in-general, counter what real foodies like me (and perhaps you) would prefer.

bicker said:
I wouldn't count on it. First, the restaurants no longer listed are as likely as not to still be participating by the time next year begins, so this is all as likely as not to be a tempest in a teapot. Beyond that, the changes in the menus reflect a broader change in the expectations of guests-in-general, counter what real foodies like me (and perhaps you) would prefer.

I would agree with this. First it is just too coincindental that 100% of the non disney owned places are not listed. It most likely is just a timing issue of having to get something out the door on packages now and deal with wrapping up whatever issues there are with the non Disney owned places.

Bicker is right about the broader change in expectations of guests. To most people Disney food is far and away better than other theme parks. Just by comparison to the low expectations of theme park food it comes out way ahead. When Epcot first opened up it was more geared towards "real" authentic food but that has been changing for quite some time, the DDP just accelerated some of the change.

As for the crowds you would be correct if they don't take the DDP. Of course that lack of crowds is what I think will make them do what it takes to get on the plan.

Pedler said:
Bicker is right about the broader change in expectations of guests. To most people Disney food is far and away better than other theme parks. Just by comparison to the low expectations of theme park food it comes out way ahead.
Just another note about this. It isn't hard to find lots of messages from less food-focused guests, complaining about how all the restaurants at WS serve food that is too "foo-foo". I remember one a few months about complaining about how everything had a sauce, and another that complained that they should spent less time making it look nice and spend more time putting more food on the plate. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter