• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Dining Plan Released

taylorl25

Mouseketeer
The package details are now available on the Disney Website.
Almost the same as last year but Room service is listed on the restaurant locations and Coronado Springs will no longer accept the dining plan.

I'm a bit gutted about Coronado as we are staying there in January and like the convenience of using CS for breakfast at the foodcourt.

Where did you click on the Disney website? I can't find the info. It still says to call for dates in 2007?

taylorl25 said:
The package details are now available on the Disney Website.
Almost the same as last year but Room service is listed on the restaurant locations and Coronado Springs will no longer accept the dining plan.

I'm a bit gutted about Coronado as we are staying there in January and like the convenience of using CS for breakfast at the foodcourt.

When you said Cs will no longer accept the dining plan, do you mean the pepper market or Maya grill or both?

The link worked, but I've just noticed the only place in Downtown disney that is still is accepting the DP is Captain Jacks?!

That's really disappointing. I was planning on eating at Wolfgangs and Earl of Sandwich.

Yeah, im a little disappointed about Coronado Springs not accepting it anymore, either. That is where we were planning to stay.

Wow i carnt belive thet only one place at DD.We were looking at paying for it next year(on free plan this year).Now as most of the DD options have gone will give it a miss
Paulh

WOW....this is big news, unless there are typos. I counted only 6 TS at EPCOT and 2 are in future world (Coral Reef and the Land). Only 4 TS restraurants in WS.....wow. And not even CS for most countries either. I saw Canda, Germany, Norway, and UK as TS. I can't believe they dropped CSR--that is unbelieveable and incredibily disappointing if you are staying at that resort. I can see it now, order the DDP and by the way, you can't use it where you're staying. Do you think that is just a mistake?

Well, we saw some of this coming: Chefs de France. That's a shame. It's good, though, that Le Cellier and Coral Reef are still on the list. I'm not sure I understand Tangierine Cafe being off the list. Maybe they're figuring that they'll be able to survive on just the people who are avoiding Dining Plan eateries. :confused3

It should be noted that Page 5 is back.

I'm really hoping it is a mistake but it appears all the restaurants that aren't owned by Disney have dropped the plan, I assume they weren't making enough money.

I now need to think whether to change from coronado and how much it will cost me to change resorts (I booked through a TA).

I know coranardo springs food court is opperated by an outside firm this may account for them dropping from the list
Paulh

I looked at the list, and if it stays the same for 2008 we will probably get the dining plan again and just pay OOP for the 2 meals or so we would want that are no longer covered. However, if they lose more restaraunts by then, then we are unlikely to get the plan, since I would no longer fit our needs. I don't mind paying OOP for two meals and doing 2TS meals instead, but anymore then that and it no longer seems worth the trouble to me, it would probably just be easier to get an AP and the discount card from there.

It is possible that not all the restaraunts have finished negotiations with Disney, so it maybe a rough draft still and some of the non-Disney owned restaraunts may be readded, but I am not holding my breath. It definately looks like all the non-Disney restaraunts went, "This isn't a good deal for us, see ya." though.

The restauants that are gone appear to all be the non-Disney owned restaurants, so I wouldn't expect more departures next year, since I believe all the restauants that are left are owned by Disney.

I wonder if the restaurants no longer listed opted out of the plan, or did Disney decide that only their own restaurants should benefit from the plan.

we have gone througth the list and it looks like 34 places droped from package
Paulh

Has it occurred to anyone how difficult it is going to be NOW to get into the places that will be accepting the DDP. As it is you can hardly get into LeCell and Coral Reef calling early. Looks like 180 days will be a big deal now. I'll be on the phone tomorrow or even today for my February trip.

WOW!! can't believe all the places that are not offered.. Especially in Epcot..

No more Mexico, etc!! I think with so many less restaurants offering the dining plan in Epcot, adr's will be even harder to get!

I just went over the whole list. I'm posting the diffs to the Sticky Thread.

I'm betting that these restaurants didn't leave the Dining Plan voluntarily.

bicker said:
I just went over the whole list. I'm posting the diffs to the Sticky Thread.

I'm betting that these restaurants didn't leave the Dining Plan voluntarily.
I think some of them did. Doesn't Disney give them a set amount of for each meal? Thus it would be mostly a loss at some of the TS in Epcot, especially with people trying to Maximize their meals.

I'm sure some of them would have pulled out themselves, but this seems much to consistent for that to be the whole story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter