• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2007 Dining Plan Released

Biergarten is still on the list.

Akershus is all character meals, that is probably why it is included. I don't know if the restaurant's ownership or management changed when it went all-character. But I do know that if they'd left a character meal like this one off the DDP, sparks would fly.

Gosh, I wish there was a definitive list of who owns each restaurant, because I'm sure that Akershus is a Disney owned restaurant. :confused3

I wonder if the non-Disney owned restaurants just have not tweeked their contracts. I seem to remember that last year there was some discrepency about who was participating and who was not. We really would not be affected by these changes too much, so no worries from me! The other thing I do that may differ from others is that since I am DVC I break up my ressies so I do not have the DDP for a few of the days so I can eat at non-participating restaurants.

I see CRT listed on pg 4 of '07 DP guide-it's listed under 3 different things underneath the MK Park:

Cinderella's Royal Table ( D ) -2 credits
Once Upon A Time Breakfast At Cinderella's Royal Table ( B ) - 2 credits
A Fairytale Lunch At Cinderella's Royal Table ( L ) - 2 credits

Similarly, Liberty Tree Tavern is listed separately for lunch and dinner. In both cases, that's the way it was on last year's list as well.

bicker said:
The details of the Dining Plan can change at any time. No sneaking necessary. :) I'm sure regardless of what changes occur, you can still have a great time enjoying the Dining Plan as it is provided during the time you visit.

I would believe that cast member, when she said she may not have updated information.

Actually, there are lots of other choices on the children's menus around the parks. I recently posted a pretty lengthy list in another thread.

Hi there MA neighbor... I called disney today to check on an adr for Sept. and she said that Coronado is not off the list. It was an error.. pepper market will still be on the DP...

Thats what I was told anyway.....

justplaingoofy said:
Hi there MA neighbor... I called disney today to check on an adr for Sept. and she said that Coronado is not off the list. It was an error.. pepper market will still be on the DP...

I just got of the phone with my TA and she just got off the phone with Disney and came up with the same thing. Apparantly, the Coronado thing is a typo. :woohoo: She even had the Disney guy pull up a fake reservations to make sure.

Small relief, but better than none!

--H

The fact that Coronado Springs was accidentaly left off the list only strengthens the idea that this was slapped together in order to give people some idea what would be offered, but that things are not settled yet. If this was a well prepared and put together DDP plan I doubt they've left off an entire resort..... makes it seem hurried, like perhaps they really wanted it out by the time the 2007 packages come out (suposed to be Mon or Tue, right).

justplaingoofy said:

You are going in Sept. 06? The changes go into effect in Jan. 07 - so it wouldn't affect your ADR.
I see a lot of people making reference to "pending" restaurants but have not seen anything from Disney that uses "pending" in reference to any restaurants? Where was this?

I don't believe in taking anything for granted and prefer to assume it will stay as listed and then be "happy" if they add anything back in rather than disappointed when they don't.

One thing that has me curious...has anyone seen a hard copy of the pamphlet? If it only exists online and a hard copy is not yet available - there might me something to the idea of it not being finalized.

Lucky me - my faves are on the list.

I'm making adr's for Planet Hollywood as planned and a back up at Chef Mickeys for same night. Will cancel Mickey if PH on plan before we go also am really nervous about GG adrs with so few Epcot ddp restaurants. Still think ddp worth it without it I know we wouldnt try so many nice restaurants and see so many characters. Thisis a BIG vacation for usand eating so well is justanother part of the magic!!!

I looked over the DDP and the menus of the places we may want to eat I think I will still get the DDP. I think it will still work out just fine for us. We will be going in June 2007.

:banana: :cheer2:

party:

:tink: :dogdance:

I asked if I could keep the Ressies I made saturday before this mess happend today and maybe just book a back up ressie at a different time for the same night. I did not use a back up but more like asked if I could keep the ones I had but add 2 More for the same evenings of my other pending ones at a different time. They said you could not make more than one dinner ressie for the same night. I was like Not good cause what if with all this going on you find yourself not being able to use the ddp on the ones I had and then not being able to get in anywhere else. She said you can either take the chance and wait till end of the month or next and check again or call back in december. I said no thank you I don't feel I will have any luck if I wait a few months and try right before we are to leave to come for our honeymoon with all the other added stress I just wanted to get these ressies made the package booked and be able to relax and finish what needs to be finished for everything else. Sure wish they would have mentioned this might happen to the ones who are coming right at the start of 07. Oh well onward and upward

JMO - perhaps the practice of having "back-up ADRs" is a reason it's tough to get a seat for dinner - period. Thought multiples would cancel each other out anyway.

A silver lining - perhaps less people will participate in the DP and more spots will be available for relatively last min. ADRs.

The 1st year plan was offered tweaking occured, some TS went from 2 to 1, rest. added & dropped...all venues are subject to change via the fine print.

BTW, has there been a price announcement (increase) yet for 2007?

I've read numerous times of people making more adr's than needed incase they changed their minds. So is this new that you can't make 2 reservations for the same day? I mean what if I made adr for Ph at 5pm and Chef Mickeys for 6:30 would that work? They created this mess with changing things and we just want to have a reservation somewhere. Thank goodness I have a few weeks before my 18o days . I hopethis is all cleared up and I just need to make one adr.

tinkerbell1967 said:
I noticed that the snacks are still listed like the ice cream bar, popcorn, bottle of soda etc. They don't mention the items under $4.00 like some have said. Anyone know if this is true as far as being able to get up to the $4.00 snack items.
The brochure says, "Some examples of eligible snack options include..." So the list is still not all inclusive and open to the particular snack cart's interpretation!

Someone else asked about a price increase - it went up $1 for adults (again) to $38.99 and kids are the still $10.99.

I tried asking if I may do that keep my one I so wanted, but also make another same evening but a different time. They said no they can't do double dinner ressies on the same day. I thought and I stated very nicely was not rude once that it would have been nice if they would have given them and all of us a forwarning about all this.

Lostgirlz said:
I tried asking if I may do that keep my one I so wanted, but also make another same evening but a different time. They said no they can't do double dinner ressies on the same day. I thought and I stated very nicely was not rude once that it would have been nice if they would have given them and all of us a forwarning about all this.
To the best of my knowledge, you could make multiple phone calls and make multiple ressies then.

You can definitely make more than one reservation per day -- you're not allowed to make more than one reservation per meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

personally i think as the weeks go by we will see a lot more restaurants being added to the list. Since the DDP restaaurants have been packed out and it is impossible to get walk in's which can only be a good thing for any restaurant, disney owned or not, so i can't see them pulling out.

one thing to consider is that although this brochure came out at the weekend it was most certainly printed and designed several weeks ago so a lot could have changed already. I think it was just a case of getting something out and sorted quickly as time was getting on for releasing the packages.

Although some restaurants i would have like dto try are no longer on the list i will still do the dining plan for next year as there are still so many others i would like to do if the ones omitted don't get added eventually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter