• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I somehow missed that you're from Mass (NH girl here!), or maybe you told me and I forgot!
Have a safe trip tomorrow...hope the day flies by for you!!

Thx! Yes, live about 10-15 miles south of Boston. Makes it relatively convenient to get to Logan....I mean as convenient as that can actually be. We go to the white Mountains in NH every year, beautiful.

Never flew jet blue before either so excited to see what the hype is about.

Have a great trip. :)

We always leave on the first flight out in the morning because it would be hard to wait all day for the trip to start. :)

Heard!!!
I always leave first flight out in am too, but this trip is different bc hubby is a teacher and can only use 2 personal days. Normally we go on school vacation weeks and are on a 6am flight. So my options were to take a late flight tonight or taking early one tomorrow and I'd rather wake up in Disney.

That's where I am...I need to start printing......I feel about ten steps behind everyone else...is it my travel date, or just my procrastination???

I haven't printed anything yet, but I have 2 post it's on my desk with a list and a folder full of files and links.... early tomorrow at work ;-)

This will be our second trip to Disney, first in December! We will be there Dec 1 - 10. I am so excited to see the Christmas decorations. I am trying to keep myself from checking the weather report every. single. hour. Is anyone else holding out on purchasing MVMCP tix until closer to the date so that the weather reports are more reliable? I'm hoping for Dec 6, but if there's a high probability of rain, I'd rather choose another night.

Safe travels to all!

I bought my tickets about a month ago for the 4th and the 6th. Weather in December is not too rainy and I didn't want the party to sell out.

I printed out the 1st Week of December tags that @SilSprBea designed and my husband laminated it. I made the tag approximately 3 x 5 and plan to attached it to my string bag.

I also pulled out our yellow luggage tags for the Magical Express and combined the rest of the Disney gift cards into two cards. One card will have a small amount for the food kiosks and the other will go against the room charges. We stopped at the ice cream parlor then the drug store for some last minute necessities.

And then I collected some small trinkets to trade with the Jawas in the Star Wars exhibit. I have some buttons and other small things.

^^ I still have to do all of that!

We leave today!!! I still have things to get done, but I totally have that excited feeling in my stomach!!!! Eeeek! Can't believe I'll finally get to be there for Christmas decorations! We are doing MVMCP tomorrow. Can't remember if anyone else is doing it tomorrow too?

Safe travels to all those leaving today!! A couple more days for some of us!

Working today so can only do quick stuff like booking ride to airport and attaching tags to suitcases. The rest we will hack to do once dd is in bed. Tomorrow I have the morning off so need to finalize touring plans and then going for mani pedi in the afternoon.

Slowly but surely getting there. @Lisa F helped me work out the CP/CM dilemma, and I ended up booking Garden Grill since we wouldn't get another chance to go. I think it will work out perfectly! (UNless I manage to get a Coral Reef ADR. LOL)
Tonight after dinner I went to Ulta and got some more makeup, and travel size shampoo and hair stuff. Then to Walmart to get DH's prescriptions, some more rain ponchos, and the last couple of toiletry items I needed.
Tomorrow I have an appt for a pedicure and manicure. Hoping they can do the Mickey design I have in mind!! Also tried on all of my capris and shorts, now I just have to get things together in some kind of order and put them in the suitcases!

Wait, so are you now doing Garden Grill instead of CM/CP? I somehow stopped getting notifications to this thread and am now playing catch up. Ugh! Well, I was going to weigh in, that if you went to CM you would get to see me (LOL!) because we have an ADR for then too! But, I hope you enjoy all your meals. I have heard the food at CP is better than CM. We're doing both plus H&V (non breakfast) this trip, so I can confirm later how the three non-breakfast buffets compared.

To all the travelers leaving today, I hope you have safe travels. We leave tomorrow for Florida (driving) and will be spending two days at Cocoa Beach before arriving at WDW Sunday morning.

@Mintycake, i hope you feel better soon!

And, I've reset my alerts for this thread (I haven't been getting them for any thread actually!) so that I know when new stuff is posted. I can't believe it stopped working at this point in the game!

Friday. Our flight is at 4pm bur we will need to leave home around 1pm as we clear US customs in Canada so that takes extra time.

Oh yes...I keep forgetting that you and I are leaving on the same day! My flight leaves at 4:30, and gets into MCO just before 8pm on Friday. Hoping DME isn't backed up!!

Wait, so are you now doing Garden Grill instead of CM/CP? I somehow stopped getting notifications to this thread and am now playing catch up. Ugh! Well, I was going to weigh in, that if you went to CM you would get to see me (LOL!) because we have an ADR for then too! But, I hope you enjoy all your meals. I have heard the food at CP is better than CM. We're doing both plus H&V (non breakfast) this trip, so I can confirm later how the three non-breakfast buffets compared.
I know...seeing you did factor into my decision! We'll be eating at H&V dinner on 12/6 too, so ultimately decided to skip CM's since we'll be duplicating characters. Hopefully we'll run into each other at MK on 12/4!

So I was hoping to save a few bucks and get a ride to and from the airport from my dad, but alas, he needs to be at work on my departure day, lol. So, I just booked some off-site airport parking. Another item checked off the To Do List! Can't believe my trip is now officially less than one week away!!!

Heard!!!
I always leave first flight out in am too, but this trip is different bc hubby is a teacher and can only use 2 personal days. Normally we go on school vacation weeks and are on a 6am flight. So my options were to take a late flight tonight or taking early one tomorrow and I'd rather wake up in Disney.

I have a sister and a daughter who are both teachers, and trying to travel together is very tricky, and expensive unless you travel in the summer. You are lucky to be able to use your husband's two personal days for your December trip. ::yes::

ETA: I just copied and pasted the Epcot Christmas activities lists into the Notes app on my iPhone. Now I just need to figure out how to take a screen shot with my iPhone SE. I used to be able to do it with my 5s, but now it doesn't seem to want to do it. :confused3 I want to take a screenshot of my MDE fastpass list rather than have to open the app to see when the next fp is.

Last edited:
Oh yes...I keep forgetting that you and I are leaving on the same day! My flight leaves at 4:30, and gets into MCO just before 8pm on Friday. Hoping DME isn't backed up!!

I know...seeing you did factor into my decision! We'll be eating at H&V dinner on 12/6 too, so ultimately decided to skip CM's since we'll be duplicating characters. Hopefully we'll run into each other at MK on 12/4!

I leave Friday too, but supposed to land at MCO at 5:50pm so I should be out of there before you get there.

So I was hoping to save a few bucks and get a ride to and from the airport from my dad, but alas, he needs to be at work on my departure day, lol. So, I just booked some off-site airport parking. Another item checked off the To Do List! Can't believe my trip is now officially less than one week away!!!

haha, all this time I thought my sister and BIL would drive us to the airport. First airplane ride for their son and first time being away more than 1 day! But no.... my "times aren't convenient" for them. So, I'm driving myself and reserved at a parking service 1 mile from Newark. I had to search for one that will take me in my car and then pick me up in my car so I can leave right from the airport and not bother with the shuttle. I've used the same feature at Philly a couple of times and could only find one place in Newark with the option.

Was just browsing the boards and thought this was a nice tip to have. Apparently, with the new film in Soarin' the screen can look very distorted if you are way off to the sides. This is what is suggested:

You want B1(With B2 & B3 you will have other Guests' feet "dangling" in front of you).:)

When you arrive at the Gates("Loading areas"),a Flight Attendant will ask how many are in your Party.

Tell them "There are X of us and we would like B1 if possible and we don't mind waiting for the next Flight if necessary.".:)

(One caveat-sometimes a Flight Attendent will come out to the line before it gets to the Gates and ask there is a Party of 1 or a Party of 2.
For this they are just trying to fill in some open seats on a current Flight and Guests can't request seats in that situation,the Guests are just seated wherever the open seats are on that Flight-can be anywhere.)

'B' apparently references the center section, and '1' references the top row of seats.

I'm definitely doing this when I ride!

I leave Friday too, but supposed to land at MCO at 5:50pm so I should be out of there before you get there.

haha, all this time I thought my sister and BIL would drive us to the airport. First airplane ride for their son and first time being away more than 1 day! But no.... my "times aren't convenient" for them. So, I'm driving myself and reserved at a parking service 1 mile from Newark. I had to search for one that will take me in my car and then pick me up in my car so I can leave right from the airport and not bother with the shuttle. I've used the same feature at Philly a couple of times and could only find one place in Newark with the option.

Wow, that's kind of a bummer since you're taking their son! Good luck flying out of Newark...I do everything I can to avoid that airport LOL

Was just browsing the boards and thought this was a nice tip to have. Apparently, with the new film in Soarin' the screen can look very distorted if you are way off to the sides. This is what is suggested:

'B' apparently references the center section, and '1' references the top row of seats.

I'm definitely doing this when I ride!

Thanks for the tip!!

I'm at the airport! Omg! Omg!
:mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Yay!! Have a safe flight!!

This will be our second trip to Disney, first in December! We will be there Dec 1 - 10. I am so excited to see the Christmas decorations. I am trying to keep myself from checking the weather report every. single. hour. Is anyone else holding out on purchasing MVMCP tix until closer to the date so that the weather reports are more reliable? I'm hoping for Dec 6, but if there's a high probability of rain, I'd rather choose another night.

Safe travels to all!
I've been checking two different weather pages, several times a day for at least two weeks now! We leave Saturday and things are looking really good.
We got our tickets about a month ago and so far, our Tuesday night looks great for the party!

2 days to go! Tomorrow should go by very quickly. Work all day and then a quick dinner before taking the dog to the kennel. Our flight leaves at 6:05 am on Fri. I have been checking several weather sites and what days and times the rain will come keeps changing as well as the temp highs and lows. I am nervous for our 12/8 MVMCP. We bought our tickets in advance.

Wow, that's kind of a bummer since you're taking their son! Good luck flying out of Newark...I do everything I can to avoid that airport LOL

Thanks for the tip!!

Yay!! Have a safe flight!!

Newark, really? I don't mind it. it's a little further from me than Philly but traffic to Philly can be miserable. Two trips from Newark in the past year with no issues. My main concerns are flight times and having no connections so airport is secondary. Went from JFK to Puerto Rico 3 years ago, but took a limo (which we've used on other trips when we have felt like it or for long trips where parking would be pricey)

We leave Tuesday for five nights at CSR, because we really wanted to be able to do WDW for the holidays. Thought money woes would make us cancel but now it looks like we'll go after all.

Except Pop Warner and CSR. And Pop Warner and the parks. And we were ok about that before, but now my partner is melting down about the potential for disaster. Help! Can anyone help talk us down from the ledge about going during PW at a resort where they stay? Does anyone actually enjoy PW week? Or should we just eat the cost of our nonrefundable MVMCP tickets and reschedule our trip for later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter