***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Newark, really? I don't mind it. it's a little further from me than Philly but traffic to Philly can be miserable. Two trips from Newark in the past year with no issues. My main concerns are flight times and having no connections so airport is secondary. Went from JFK to Puerto Rico 3 years ago, but took a limo (which we've used on other trips when we have felt like it or for long trips where parking would be pricey)
I've had too many close calls at Newark running all over the place trying to get connecting flights...but that's more United's fault than anything. I think I'm the only person who likes PHL airport. I used to fly US Airways all the time and connect through Philly and always had experiences. I can see how traffic would be a huge factor for you though.

We leave Tuesday for five nights at CSR, because we really wanted to be able to do WDW for the holidays. Thought money woes would make us cancel but now it looks like we'll go after all.

Except Pop Warner and CSR. And Pop Warner and the parks. And we were ok about that before, but now my partner is melting down about the potential for disaster. Help! Can anyone help talk us down from the ledge about going during PW at a resort where they stay? Does anyone actually enjoy PW week? Or should we just eat the cost of our nonrefundable MVMCP tickets and reschedule our trip for later?
I'm told PW really won't impact the parks because they're at WWoS all day. Nighttime can be a little busier, but not unmanageable.
Honestly as long as you're not planning on eating at CSR too often (I imagine the food court would be busy), PW is more likely to impact the Value resorts. I say go, make a touring plan and FP's and have a good time :)

We leave Tuesday for five nights at CSR, because we really wanted to be able to do WDW for the holidays. Thought money woes would make us cancel but now it looks like we'll go after all.

Except Pop Warner and CSR. And Pop Warner and the parks. And we were ok about that before, but now my partner is melting down about the potential for disaster. Help! Can anyone help talk us down from the ledge about going during PW at a resort where they stay? Does anyone actually enjoy PW week? Or should we just eat the cost of our nonrefundable MVMCP tickets and reschedule our trip for later?
Last time we went to disney---May 2014--we accidentally went on a cheerleader competition weekend....UGH! Then this time, I avoided the weekend only to find out Pop Warner was a week long event AFTER I booked!

So I researched for reassurance....A LOT. Everything I read says that the only major impact they have is in the value resorts, or CBR or CS. I planned my days to be in parks on party nights or parks without EMH in the evening. Hoping for the best...but seriously, if I had read anything negative, I would have rescheduled and just sacrificed my ADRs and swallowed the airline fees. All the bloggers say calm down...the impact in the park is minimal. With that said, we are leaving midday Friday to avoid the crowds that weekend when families stay an extra day or two after the tournament is over.

Geez---haven't been checking the weather---checked tonight --YUCK! Sure hope they're right when they say weather forecasts frequently change. Bought ponchos today just in case...so that should give it reason to clear up!

I've been checking two different weather pages, several times a day for at least two weeks now! We leave Saturday and things are looking really good.
We got our tickets about a month ago and so far, our Tuesday night looks great for the party!
I've only been watching the weather for the last three days, but so far it looks like it might be nice. ::yes::

Geez---haven't been checking the weather---checked tonight --YUCK! Sure hope they're right when they say weather forecasts frequently change. Bought ponchos today just in case...so that should give it reason to clear up!
You can't count on the forecasts for rain in Florida. They are notoriously inaccurate. Even the forecast for the next day can be wrong. Or it can be raining in Magic Kingdom and dry in Animal Kingdom, they can be that localized. Keep in mind that hurricane season is now over. ;)

I've only been watching the weather for the last three days, but so far it looks like it might be nice. ::yes::

You can't count on the forecasts for rain in Florida. They are notoriously inaccurate. Even the forecast for the next day can be wrong. Or it can be raining in Magic Kingdom and dry in Animal Kingdom, they can be that localized. Keep in mind that hurricane season is now over. ;)

I'm counting on inaccuracy!

Another tweak...last one for sure...but I just got a BOG reservation for 6:30 our last night! Was going to go to the plaza...but too concerned about the wait. OK...officially done! Now for packing
I randomly found an 8:30 BOG on 12/5 last night so I booked it. Originally we had it booked for 7:35 but we're doing the CP show at 5pm, and didn't want to have to rush to make our ADR. :)

haha, all this time I thought my sister and BIL would drive us to the airport. First airplane ride for their son and first time being away more than 1 day! But no.... my "times aren't convenient" for them. So, I'm driving myself and reserved at a parking service 1 mile from Newark. I had to search for one that will take me in my car and then pick me up in my car so I can leave right from the airport and not bother with the shuttle. I've used the same feature at Philly a couple of times and could only find one place in Newark with the option.

Oh wow, I've never heard of a parking service like that, that's pretty cool. I just did some googling and booked at the off-site parking at the Hilton. Works out to be about half the price of if I took a car service one way and got picked up by my dad, lol.

And I at least had fair warning, my dad had told me from the beginning that he wouldn't know until closer to the date, so at least I had a good idea that I might end up having to go this route!

Wow, that's kind of a bummer since you're taking their son! Good luck flying out of Newark...I do everything I can to avoid that airport LOL

Thanks for the tip!!

Yay!! Have a safe flight!!

That's funny, from where I am, in Rockland County, NY, Newark is always my second choice. Ideally, I love to fly out of White Plains because it's such a tiny airport and only about 25 min from my house! But it's tough finding reasonably priced flights that fit my schedule. I hate going to JFK or LGA just because it means I need to travel into the city, and unless it's super duper early in the morning you just never know what traffic is going to be like. Knock on wood I've never really had any problems with Newark.

Ahhh, 5 days until I leave!!! One week from right now I should be grabbing some breakfast before heading out on my monorail resort crawl, and looking forward to MVMCP that night! Eeeeek, I can't wait!

December travelers...It's our turn! (or almost....) Wishing everyone safe travels and great weather. Joining you soon---Yippee!
Glad I snagged BOG for dinner on 12/8...with all that rain in the forecast, It will give us something to do when everything gets rained out.

Hi everyone!
I wanted to wish everyone a safe and exciting journey these next few days!!!! Or to those that are there, you finally made it!!! YAY!!!!!!pixiedust:
There's been so much going on the dis it's fun to read up on the rol fiasco, all the weather reports, last minute packing and getting healthy!!! And the holidays around the world sound so amazing'!!! Congrats on the last minute ressies!!!
I've missed being active on here, and I'm spending the day to myself packing everything up for our flight Saturday morning.
I printed up our 1st week labels! And I am really looking forward to seeing many of you during the week. You are all such a wonderful, truly radiant group of people, and I enjoyed spending so much time here.
I hope that this thread can somehow continue when we all return from our trips.
Like most of you all, it's been a really exciting stressful time over here. I'm a room parent for both of my girls' classrooms, and since Halloween it has been nonstop! Trying to get alll of the Christmas stuff done before the trip, too :) and it seems like one thing after another keeps going wrong!!! Time for a vaca!!!!!
We've also made the decision to switch our first grader to the old school where she attended preschool starting in January. It has been a very stressful decision, and I am very nervous about the transition, friends, mid year change, etc.....it has made me so anxious, and I haven't been able to focus on the trip lately!! I am just so excited to get there, like all of you :) :)
I just found out this morning that my daughters clsasmate is leaving sat too for Disney!!! Jet blue flight 2 hours after ours!! So funny :)
Anyway, I'd like to read up on some more happenings this evening, but thank you so much to all of you for being so supportive to a newbie, and for all the laughs and encouragement when everyone else coming along with me didn't understand the amount of time and work that needed to be dedicated to planning this trip. Your support is so appreciated.
I can't wait to plan our next trip! Likely not for a few years :) but I'd love to go for the mnsshp.
See you soon!

Hi everyone!
I wanted to wish everyone a safe and exciting journey these next few days!!!! Or to those that are there, you finally made it!!! YAY!!!!!!pixiedust:
There's been so much going on the dis it's fun to read up on the rol fiasco, all the weather reports, last minute packing and getting healthy!!! And the holidays around the world sound so amazing'!!! Congrats on the last minute ressies!!!
I've missed being active on here, and I'm spending the day to myself packing everything up for our flight Saturday morning.
I printed up our 1st week labels! And I am really looking forward to seeing many of you during the week. You are all such a wonderful, truly radiant group of people, and I enjoyed spending so much time here.
Like most of you all, it's been a really exciting stressful time over here. I'm a room parent for both of my girls' classrooms, and since Halloween it has been nonstop! Trying to get alll of the Christmas stuff done before the trip, too :) and it seems like one thing after another keeps going wrong!!! Time for a vaca!!!!!
We've also made the decision to switch our first grader to the old school where she attended preschool starting in January. It has been a very stressful decision, and I am very nervous about the transition, friends, mid year change, etc.....it has made me so anxious, and I haven't been able to focus on the trip lately!! I am just so excited to get there, like all of you :) :)
I just found out this morning that my daughters clsasmate is leaving sat too for Disney!!! Jet blue flight 2 hours after ours!! So funny :)
Anyway, I'd like to read up on some more happenings this evening, but thank you so much to all of you for being so supportive to a newbie, and for all the laughs and encouragement when everyone else coming along with me didn't understand the amount of time and work that needed to be dedicated to planning this trip. Your support is so appreciated.
I can't wait to plan our next trip! Likely not for a few years :) but I'd love to go for the mnsshp.
See you soon!
Don't stress too much about 1st grader adjusting....first graders make friends easily! I use to teach school, and up to grade 3, transitions are pretty positive. The teacher says, "Class, we have a new friend!"....and the kids embrace that. Those tween years can be trickier...but your 6 or 7 year old will be fine!

Don't stress too much about 1st grader adjusting....first graders make friends easily! I use to teach school, and up to grade 3, transitions are pretty positive. The teacher says, "Class, we have a new friend!"....and the kids embrace that. Those tween years can be trickier...but your 6 or 7 year old will be fine!

Thank you @Mrs. Inc :) that's really reassuring to hear. I am excited for her, and I know it's a better fit for us :) still nervous though!! :)

Hi everyone!
See you soon!
I'm glad you popped in! I hope you have a great trip, and we'll see you at MVMCP :)

I was just able to snag the 12/10 lunch at Coral Reef I wanted!!! :banana:I'm going to surprise DH since he really wants to go there :)
Persistence pays off---you've been working on that for QUITE a while! I'm sure he'll love it...it was one of my DHs favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter