***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Thanks everyone. I have been super emotional lately (likely due to Thanksgiving and missing my grandmother), so everything seems like it's amplified 1000%. :(
DH called my SIL, and she's going to watch the pups at her house, so yay! I'm still a little nervous they'll somehow escape, but to be honest I worry about that even when someone watches them at our house which is fenced in. I did check out dogvacay.com, and also one of my good friends that lives close by offered to spend a few nights at my house if necessary, so we had another plan if my SIL or MIL didn't work out.
Anyway, I'm feeling better about it now. DH and I went to Sam's Club tonight and bought another Disney GC, a 2-pack portable phone charger, and the. went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant in which I got buzzed (okay drunk) off of a beer and a rumchata martini. I think I needed to unwind after the emotional day I've had. :) Oh, and I finished my mousekeeping envelopes today :)
Glad SIL came through for you...I'm sure your dogs will be fine...sure they will miss you, but just envision all that doggie happiness when you return!

Ok, so my wife's account had an ADR for 3 (her + 2 kids) for Wishes Holiday Dessert party for 12/4 MVMCP. I've been stalking it and found an opening for 1 (me) and tried to cancel hers and book as a party of 4 but it didn't work. So she picked hers back up immediately and then I just booked the single ADR for myself. Since no one has posted any reviews of it I don't know if they do reserved seating or not. Strange.
I've read no reserved seating, but I couldn't tell you where I read that. I think maybe on disney site..
  • Seating will be available at the dessert party on a first-come, first-served basis—though every table features views of Cinderella Castle.
Here it is...from disney dining, under know before you go, holiday dessert party.

So I know I mentioned on here a while ago that I was going to finally treat myself to the oil slick hair dye treatment I've been wanting, and I know not all of you guys are on fb, so I figured I'd post a pic here. I'm really loving it!
I love the different colors in your hair. It looks gorgeous. :)

DH called my SIL, and she's going to watch the pups at her house, so yay!
I'm glad that your SIL came to the rescue. That was very nice of her. :) It would have been very tragic if you had to cancel your trip.

I just did some looking around and discovered ALL the MK EMM's during our trip are now sold out! :scared1: Guess we won't be adding one later on after all. :sad1: Glad I know now though! I can only imagine how disappointed we would have been if we got all excited about doing a second one only to then discover we couldn't. The one at DHS still has availability, as does the MK one on 12/13.

Your hair looks awesome! I so wish I could do that to my hair but my boss would freak out. I have to represent my office in court a few times a week and I don't think she would be too happy. I once dyed the ends pink and she gave time dirty looks for weeks.

Thanks! Yeah, that's why it took me so long to do a funky dye job. I worked in education and couldn't have gotten away with it. Now that I'm in media nobody cares :rotfl:

@areno79 yayyy, so glad you got the dogsitting sorted out! It's amazing how much we love our pets, I've had actual nightmares about my kitties getting out :scared1:

Well I'll be happy to help prolong your fun a little bit longer! :goodvibes

I am! I have a Teppan Edo dinner reservation on 12/7 for the 8:15pm show. My narrator is Anthony Mackie, new this year!

So I know I mentioned on here a while ago that I was going to finally treat myself to the oil slick hair dye treatment I've been wanting, and I know not all of you guys are on fb, so I figured I'd post a pic here. I'm really loving it!

View attachment 206953

@areno79 def look into petsitting services, like others have mentioned. I'm fortunate in that I have a colleague who also runs a petsitting service with her husband, who takes care of my 2 kitties, but I really like the idea of what Winniebelle10 suggested, where you get to meet the person in advance and get to know them.

Wow, looks great! never heard of tha t technique.... ? got highlights a lot when in my 20s but now just standard all over color.

saw this review on the JBJB thread:
We were there last night. The only comment I have is that the viewing area was not wonderful and my twelve year old who paid adult pricing had difficulty seeing as people kept hoisting toddlers onto their shoulders without bothering to look behind them. If you plan to do so, have the couurtesy to stand at the back. Also people parked their strollers in areas where others could not stand to watch the show. We paid 200 dollars Canadian and I did feel things could have been better organized by staff at the viewing area to ask people to be more considerate.

I have concerns--2 "adult" tickets for myself and a 10 yo, and the viewing area is not wonderful? I am only 5' 1" tall (+1" for sneakers!) and my son has not surpassed me yet. Wondering if this is worth more than the Illuminations dessert party? I had that one booked and canceled when I changed our CP date.

Reevaluating everything. AND we watched Zootopia tonight, and the boy loved it. I think he would want to line up at MVMCP to meet the sloth characters if they were available (I wish!) more than Nick or Judy, but they were endearing as well.
Just when I thought I was done!!! Ugh. Fried on planning.

Hi :wave: everyone! We're all in that final countdown mode.

@areno79 I'm so glad it is working out for your pups! :-) Yay for a nice relaxing dinner and drinks :drinking1

@DisneyBelle27 You hair looks stunning!! :bitelip: :bitelip::bitelip: I'm a bit envious that I can't do to my hair.

@Mintycake Hip hip hooray for cleaning up your ADRs!:cheer2:
It's so freeing!

I've been a hot mess today.... Running around with last minute errands - bank, pet store, dollar store, and fabric store. We found some really cute Disney fabric; DD is making a last minute skirt for CRT on 12/1. She even dug out her tiara from BBB to wear .

DD is putting the final touches on her College applications.... They'll all be sent by Tuesday.. I'm not sure if I want to celebrate or cry.

7 more sleeps!!!! :jumping1:

saw this review on the JBJB thread:
We were there last night. The only comment I have is that the viewing area was not wonderful and my twelve year old who paid adult pricing had difficulty seeing as people kept hoisting toddlers onto their shoulders without bothering to look behind them. If you plan to do so, have the couurtesy to stand at the back. Also people parked their strollers in areas where others could not stand to watch the show. We paid 200 dollars Canadian and I did feel things could have been better organized by staff at the viewing area to ask people to be more considerate.

I have concerns--2 "adult" tickets for myself and a 10 yo, and the viewing area is not wonderful? I am only 5' 1" tall (+1" for sneakers!) and my son has not surpassed me yet. Wondering if this is worth more than the Illuminations dessert party? I had that one booked and canceled when I changed our CP date.

Reevaluating everything. AND we watched Zootopia tonight, and the boy loved it. I think he would want to line up at MVMCP to meet the sloth characters if they were available (I wish!) more than Nick or Judy, but they were endearing as well.
Just when I thought I was done!!! Ugh. Fried on planning.
The more I read about jbjb, the happier I am that we chose F! I am only 5'2"..for that kind of money, I would expect to be able to see the show. But, we have only seen F! once before, so it is still pretty fresh for us.

The more I read about jbjb, the happier I am that we chose F! I am only 5'2"..for that kind of money, I would expect to be able to see the show. But, we have only seen F! once before, so it is still pretty fresh for us.
Yup. I cancelled the jbjb party for my family - a mix of reading the reviews, seeing that there isn't anything on the menu my dd will eat, and the fact that we've run into a financial hiccup - so I cancelled. We're going to Fantasmic which is fine since we've never seen it. We are still doing EMM at MK (glad I got it before it sold out!) and we have some nice character meals plus a couple of date nights. I'm really happy the way my trip looks now, to be honest. I just hope it will be warm enough for us to enjoy some pool time!

Hey everyone,
I am on this morning to do a little check in before the girls are awake. I haven't been on here in weeks, due to my choice to avoid as much screen time as possible :( It was really getting very bad for me, and it was affecting my family :( I had to make a decision to remove a few apps ( including this one) so I could recharge . Also had to avoid social media with the upcoming and the days after the election. Still haven't been on Facebook in months for that reason, really. So I apologize for not being commited to the FB group :) It was nice actually, but I do miss hearing about everyone's last few weeks!

I dind;t get a chance to read through everything, but for the past couple of pages or so...

@JamieOak I think you're one of the first of the pack to head down?! I'm so excited for you! And like @Wood Nymph said, I feel like a lot of people will be busy with their families, but it would be so great to see some posts for everyone already at the parks next week!!!!

@Candycane83 that stinks about your order, and I hope they get it resolved :( ( it might already be, sorry! ) I know you do have some special stuff for your little guy to wear at Disney :)

@Talby I think you were able to get a BOG ressie for someone? Maybe Wood Nymph!? I love how exciting it STILL is to get a great reservation :) I'm going to miss that :(

@DisneyBelle27 you're hair is AMAZING!!!! I would love to do that someday!!!! The colors are gorgeous

@areno79 I hope you are feeling 100% better this morning. At least we've had some mild weather up here!

@Mintycake congrats on cleaning up the adrs!! For me that has been a very hard thing to do :) I still have a couple that I just can't let go of yet. I don't need that anxiety once we're there...so I actually have a dumping date on my calendar of when I'm committing myself to it ;)

I'm also really sorry for those Universal price changes :( That is really disappointing. Hopefully they have some cool new stuff to make up for the increase.., or put something a bit stronger in the butterbeer.

How fun that you're all doing a Christmas ornament exchange! What a nice way to kick off the trip!!!

Hope you are all well, and I'll try to check in more often in the next few days/ weeks!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I am on this morning to do a little check in before the girls are awake. I haven't been on here in weeks, due to my choice to avoid as much screen time as possible :( It was really getting very bad for me, and it was affecting my family :( I had to make a decision to remove a few apps ( including this one) so I could recharge . Also had to avoid social media with the upcoming and the days after the election. Still haven't been on Facebook in months for that reason, really. So I apologize for not being commited to the FB group :) It was nice actually, but I do miss hearing about everyone's last few weeks!

I dind;t get a chance to read through everything, but for the past couple of pages or so...

@JamieOak I think you're one of the first of the pack to head down?! I'm so excited for you! And like @Wood Nymph said, I feel like a lot of people will be busy with their families, but it would be so great to see some posts for everyone already at the parks next week!!!!

@Candycane83 that stinks about your order, and I hope they get it resolved :( ( it might already be, sorry! ) I know you do have some special stuff for your little guy to wear at Disney :)

@Talby I think you were able to get a BOG ressie for someone? Maybe Wood Nymph!? I love how exciting it STILL is to get a great reservation :) I'm going to miss that :(

@DisneyBelle27 you're hair is AMAZING!!!! I would love to do that someday!!!! The colors are gorgeous

@areno79 I hope you are feeling 100% better this morning. At least we've had some mild weather up here!

@Mintycake congrats on cleaning up the adrs!! For me that has been a very hard thing to do :) I still have a couple that I just can't let go of yet. I don't need that anxiety once we're there...so I actually have a dumping date on my calendar of when I'm committing myself to it ;)

I'm also really sorry for those Universal price changes :( That is really disappointing. Hopefully they have some cool new stuff to make up for the increase.., or put something a bit stronger in the butterbeer.

How fun that you're all doing a Christmas ornament exchange! What a nice way to kick off the trip!!!

Hope you are all well, and I'll try to check in more often in the next few days/ weeks!!

We've missed you @rasadkowski. Hope you and your family have a happy thanksgiving!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for checking in...I was going to message you today because I hadn't seen you around. Definitely get the screen time thing...good for you for realizing the negative impact. We've missed you around here though!

Hi @rasadkowski :wave::yay::flower:

It's so nice to see you!! I went through something very similar--my kids actually staged an intervention of sorts. Totally understand where you're coming from. :hug: You've certainly been missed and I do hope checking in a bit before your trip works out well for you. :-)

@areno79 I'm so relieved for you that you've got a solution for your puppies!! paw:paw: We have a little rescue Yorkie and what you described as far as leaving your dogs is exactly how we feel about leaving him. He is my third baby for sure! Sorry for the stress you had surrounding it all, but glad the day ended on a happy note with a great resolution!!

@rasadkowski so nice to see you! I hear ya on the screen time overload but thank you for taking the time to check in, we've missed you here!

Had a drastic weather change overnight with a cold front that came through. Currently mentally preparing myself for a cold outdoor run, lol. Gotta keep up with #OL10LB, I missed a bunch of workouts this past week due to work craziness! Need to clean today, didn't happen yesterday since the hair appt took so long, lol, and seeing Fantastic Beasts at 4pm!  also need to find time to go yummy cheese platter shopping for Thanksgiving. And figure out what I want to bake for Thanksgiving. And I only have today, tomorrow, and Tues, since we're leaving immediately after I get out of work at 3pm on Wed to head 3 hours up to my aunt and uncle in Saratoga Springs (the real Saratoga Springs, lol. Although I'm staying at the Disney version on my trip! Haha). So many things to do so little time! Yikes! :scared1:

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!

@DisneyBelle27 Your hair looks phenomenal!! Ohmygosh....LOVE it!! :thumbsup2:flower1:

And since I have you here...I know this was 1000 conversations ago, but did you get a banner for your door? :D

Thanks!

And funny you should ask about that! I was just in Christmas Tree Shop on Friday night and picked up this banner that I might use. I am also still on the lookout for something like what you got, a full-sized door banner, but so far haven't found one in a store. So I need to decide if I want to use this banner I got, or if I want to order a big one on Amazon. Decisions decisions! Lol.

upload_2016-11-20_10-25-48.png

@rasadkowski we missed you but totally understand why you've been offline for a bit :) hope everything is well with you and hope planning is going good still! Oh and my teepublic order was reshipped, I doubt it will get to me on time but I guess it should be fine.

@areno79 so glad it worked out and you got to relax after all that stress!

@mexxican i am still waiting for those reviews to come in! Anyway I'm sure your family would be able to sit together! Even if it's reserved you can ask the CM nicely when checking in ;)

We leave Thursday night. 4 days from now! Universal 11/25-11/27, WDW 11/27-12/4. I feel very unprepared. I wanted to do a trip report, I just need to find time! I will be posting a lot to Facebook mostly, but I'll try to post here too when I can.

We leave Thursday night. 4 days from now! Universal 11/25-11/27, WDW 11/27-12/4. I feel very unprepared. I wanted to do a trip report, I just need to find time! I will be posting a lot to Facebook mostly, but I'll try to post here too when I can.
Holy Hannah! Four days! At one point, I was wishing I could switch to the week after Thanksgiving, to avoid Pop Warner. I wouldn't be ready either! Good Luck!

On a side note, Hurricane Matthew caused DD's college to extend fall quarter by two weeks, so she is now in school until December. Your week wouldn't have worked for us in the long run. All worked out for the best for us. I am sure all will work out for the best for you too! Busy days ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter